hickman county vs lewis county rematch

reddawgs07

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see that MOST have stay off the negative stuff this week with our upcoming game against our cousins from the north. Game day is here, let's all have fun in supporting our teams. Before anyone says anything let's assume that the field won't be perfect, the bathrooms won't be great, the food won't be the best you've ever had and the officials will make a few human mistakes. And the kids will play hard, the coaches will coach their best and the fans (both) will be loud. And in the end we will love ours and HC will love theirs equally! Good luck to both teams and may the best one win!

Here are my amateur observations, for what they are worth.

Keys to a Hickman County victory

Have an effective blocking scheme to neutralize stunting ends so the speedy runners can get outside.

Utilize the play-action passing game to keep the linebackers and secondary honest.

Minimize turnovers. No fumbles and no interceptions.

Shut down the QB option.

Play solid special teams - all facets.

Keys to a Lewis County victory

Shut down the outside running game.

Make plays on special teams - block a punt, keep runbacks to a minimum.

Cause turnovers and capitalize on them.

Dominate the line of scrimmage.

Don't give up the big play. No long runbacks, no long pass plays.

Tonight is the big night. Somebody moves on and sombody will go home. It will be a cold one. Lets have a clean, hard hitting football game. To the winner I say great job, now get ready for Goodpasture. To the loser I say hold your head up high and proud. Both teams have had a great year.

Good job BigDawgStatus o n the observations. I would say that they are correct.

Tell Dakota Crews crongradulation on the Mr. Football nom. That is an big honor.

Who let the DAWGS out!!!

Tonight is the big night. Somebody moves on and sombody will go home. It will be a cold one. Lets have a clean, hard hitting football game. To the winner I say great job, now get ready for Goodpasture. To the loser I say hold your head up high and proud. Both teams have had a great year.

Tell Dakota Crews crongradulation on the Mr. Football nom. That is an big honor.

Who let the DAWGS out!!!

Good post. Both teams have had great seasons and should be very proud. Best of luck to the Dawgs tonight. Everyone in HC is hoping for a win, but more importantly the players, coaches, and fans should enjoy the moment. Hickman County has waited for a big play-off game like this for many years. Always remember the road we traveled recently to get to this point. The tough competition and losses endured in 4A have done nothing but build character for this team. Play hard, play safe, and bring back a "W" to Centerville tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who let the DAWGS out!!!

Good job by the DAWGPOUND! Save me a seat! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />