hickman county vs lewis county rematch

reddawgs07

If the field is wet from rain so be it, but don't be cowards and wet it on purpose just to gain an advantage.

Sorry not whining just stating the facts.

Well, that's funny.Its not a fact at all there my friend. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Whether you want to believe it or not,we DIDNT wet the field.My guess i your not going to believe it though ,becuase then what would you use for an excuse?I guess the boys will just have to show everyone who the better team is!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, as merely a curious onlooker, have enjoyed reading this thread very much. It is full of everything that makes message boards great. Now, in the spirit of good sportsmanship and community building, I have a proposal for all posters here. I am proposing that all posters in attendance of Friday night's game, attend the contest sporting a shirt of their respective team colors and emblazoned with their CoachT screen names.

Why let the fun and games be limited to just the playing field? I think it would be wonderful for Panther posters and HC essayists to greet each other in warmth and comeraderie and share a coke and a smile...Just a thought.

I, as merely a curious onlooker, have enjoyed reading this thread very much. It is full of everything that makes message boards great. Now, in the spirit of good sportsmanship and community building, I have a proposal for all posters here. I am proposing that all posters in attendance of Friday night's game, attend the contest sporting a shirt of their respective team colors and emblazoned with their CoachT screen names.

Why let the fun and games be limited to just the playing field? I think it would be wonderful for Panther posters and HC essayists to greet each other in warmth and comeraderie and share a coke and a smile...Just a thought.

Now wouldn't that be like unmasking the lone ranger, pulling batmans mask off, undressing superman, seeing wonder woman naked and stuff like that....lol

Do you have a picture of wonder woman naked? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You wish he had one /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> But if you play your cards right I could probably come up with one of Mr. Kee /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Oh yeah, I'd love to see the "Bring Your Own Ammo Night" in Hohenwald when all the posters were unmasked since LC and HC posters show sooooooo much love for each other on this site. Just imagine what a love-fest it would be in person /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BigDawgStatus

I agree with a majority of this post 100%. The part I don't agree with is that a wet field does not give LC an advantage. Whether Sowell is faster than all of your players, I don't know that for fact. My opinion is that he is and if you take your top 5 fastest players against ours, I think we win 3 or 4 of those matchups. Another consideration is that your team is bigger (especially on the lines) and uses brute force rather than finesse, technique and speed as we do (not to say LC does not utilize these things just not their top strength). This all points to a wet field advantage for LC. Traveller, you seem like a knowledgable guy. Surely you can agree with some of these thoughts.?.

As for the wet field in the first matchup, you will not hear me talk about it ever again. Frankly, I am tired of hearing about it. If you feel the need to respond to it, you are just feeding the fire. This game is a brand new set of circumstances. Good luck to both teams. Here's hoping we see a fair, injury-free and hard fought game!

Just a ? doesn't LC & HC both run a Wing T offense or form their of. If so isn't that form of offense used to make up for the lack of size and is more of a finesse, technique, and speed offense. Is LC that much bigger than HC ? At the first meeting their didn't seem to that big of a difference. As for the speed difference didn't seem to be a difference either way. As for the field, was on it after the game wasn't any wetter on any part of the field than any other. I can't for the life of me believe that a coach would risk injury to any player. Especially by wetting the field, which creates NO advantage for either team.

I wish good luck to both teams on Friday, Injury free, and safe journey home to the players, parents, families, and fans. Folks this is not life or death. Remember Veterans Day was this past Sunday, THANK OUR VETERANS everyday not just one day a year because they truly know what life or death is.

I do not care what team you are playing for, 1 player cannot win a game... Maybe Sowell is faster than EVERYONE on LC's team... Did that help anything the 1st meeting? NO.... I watched a kid a few years back that was FAST and from Giles County, he had like 300 yards on Lewis Co. and 3-4 TD's.... they still got beat by 21+.... I don't care how many yards Sowell has Friday night... WHO else do they have? I know it's not that punter that missed the ball the 1st game... haha... and who has the better special teams? Lewis Co. wins the game because they are a more COMPLETE team. Hickman Co. is a very good team. I congratulate them on their season. I'm glad this has become a rivalry, perhaps they can stay this way that way we have at least 1 competitive game during the regular season, because we know Sharp won't schedule anyone worth a crap because he wants that 10-0 record... which looks good on paper I might add. I'd like to see us go past the Quarters though at least one time in my young life. I think people would rather see that Championship ring than a 10-0 football on a Jacket, don't ya think?

Dear HC,

Your dogged determination to lay blame for the outcome of your closely played ballgame on circumstances beyond your team's performance and beyond your control is inspiring. Don't you listen to the naysayers and those who would say you are crying sour grapes. Keep fighting for what you believe and stand up when you are sure you have been wronged.

Sincerely,

Mike Leach

Football Coach, Texas Tech Red Raiders

ps. bulldogs better pack a lunch

Well, I would hate to take off my mask and bring out the claws this Friday at the game, so I think my identity will stay with me and those who know me. That being said, I do not hide or take refuge behind my computer. I think CoachT was created for fans to express their views of games and to exchange information. I think my views are objectable and are sometimes very knowledgeable, not to "toot" my own horn.

To the game, I would take that bet on the 5 fastest from each team. Then again, if I did, I would like to watch the game film and see how many times your guys get to use that speed. You are not fast when you are dodging about 8 or 9 guys every play and then feeling all 11 when you are caught.

Defense.... Defense.... Defense.....

Speed kills, but Defense wins championships.