hickman county vs lewis county rematch

reddawgs07

Those sour grapes taste like sweatbees! You need to check yourself. We played and beat a 3A school and a 4A school. No 1A rurals in HC's schedule!

No sour grapes, just the truth. I would like nothing more than GP to go down, but being a realist I don't see that happeneing until at least the semi-finals or finals.

HC is no where near the schedule GP played so don't even try to compare it.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys crack me up. Have you not looked at the opponents that GP has played this year. 3 5A schools, 1 Div. II-AA school, and 1 3A school. They have had a brutal schedule only lost one game and have put up 39 points a game this season. But yeah they are a less than average GP team. The only thing that is not stronger this year from the last two years for GP is their defense which is giving up 23 pts. a game, which is high for them. However they don't worry about that cause their offense is so potent.

Lewis Co. nor Hickman Co. have played near the schedule GP has and if they had they wouldn't be in the position GP is in. Go ahead and think you guys will stick it to the privates but its not going to happen. You wanna know why the privates are so much better than the publics? It is their schedule. GP and CPA both played brutal schedules and that prepares them for the postseason, while Lewis, Hickman, and the rest of the publics play rural 1A schools for their out of region games.

Your wrong sir, I don't know who Lewis played altogether, but we played Marshall county 1st game and won, we also played Lawrence county. If you speak, atleast know what your talking about.

Your wrong sir, I don't know who Lewis played altogether, but we played Marshall county 1st game and won, we also played Lawrence county. If you speak, atleast know what your talking about.

I know what I am talking about. HC did not play the same caliber of opponents as did GP. GP just got done playing CPA two weeks in a row, and CPA is 2 TDs better than anyone on Lewis or Hickman Co. schedule easily. Marshall and Lawrence Co. are not all that impressive compared to the teams on GP and CPA's schedule.

Go look at GP and CPA's schedule and tell me honestly that it is comparable to Lewis or Hickman Co. GP year in and year out plays tough opponents. That is why they have the program they do, same with CPA. If Hickman, Lewis or any other public school wants to get to that level. Pick up the phone and schedule some tough teams. CPA is always looking for games. But I doubt Lewis or Hickman would go for that.

[/quote

WELL Lawrence county waznt that good i went and watch them play spring hill waznt 2 impressive at all..Marshall they r a decent football team

Something has happen here in LC that could have a great effect on the game Friday night. I just don't feel good about keeping this information a secret. I'm trying to decide if I should tell what I know or not. WOULD YOU TELL IT?

good or bad I am pulling for the bulldogs....... I think they will beat Lewis hands down. They know the mistakes they made, they will not make them again. I will be there pulling for the Bulldogs............

Goodpasture better have a good excuse, there is a chance they are put out before they get a shot at Alcoa. Sometimes pride is a killer, especially since they graduated 22 seniors and they have to play a better Lewis County team from last year, kinda like were playing your JV team from last year. I kinda like our chances. You guys deserve respect, but we are the kinda team that is still trying to pove ourself to the Tennessean and the entire state, I am pretty sure that Camden and Hickman County all feel the same way, we are out to earn respect. Look out

Anyone can be beat, even the great Alcoa. But GP wouldn't know anything about that.

Pride is a killer, luckily our opinions have nothing to do with the outcomes of the games on the field. I assure you Goodpasture isn't expecting to waltz into the blue cross bowl. To overlook anyone at this stage of the game would be a grave mistake. Now, it would be a bigger mistake to assume you are playing Goodpastures JV from last year. In many ways this years team is more explosive on offense than last year. Defence is not quite as strong, but are still very good. I just can't imagine Lewis, Camden, Hickman having the same size and speed as Ravenwood, McGavock, Coffee County, Lipscomb, and CPA. If they do, then more power to them. Like you said anything can happen once the whistle blows.

It rained last night in Hohenwald. Fire up the excuses Hickman County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If the field is wet from rain so be it, but don't be cowards and wet it on purpose just to gain an advantage.

Sorry not whining just stating the facts.

I know what I am talking about. HC did not play the same caliber of opponents as did GP. GP just got done playing CPA two weeks in a row, and CPA is 2 TDs better than anyone on Lewis or Hickman Co. schedule easily. Marshall and Lawrence Co. are not all that impressive compared to the teams on GP and CPA's schedule.

Go look at GP and CPA's schedule and tell me honestly that it is comparable to Lewis or Hickman Co. GP year in and year out plays tough opponents. That is why they have the program they do, same with CPA. If Hickman, Lewis or any other public school wants to get to that level. Pick up the phone and schedule some tough teams. CPA is always looking for games. But I doubt Lewis or Hickman would go for that.

Wow, how didn't we all think of this. So what your saying is that if red boiling springs would get out of that 1A region and challenge a few big boys there program would improve and be able to beat trousdale. And you are also implying that by GP playing better teams their players have become genetically enhanced over a period of time, allowing them to have superior size and stregth, almost like the Russians who live in the outer most northern climates. I see now. GP hasn't got the cream of the crop in north nashville where there school is conveniently located near those of hunters lane, maplewood, etc. They developed that size and speed by genetically enhancing their athletes due to extreme conditions..i.e. tough games. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> They don't stockpile players every year, they simply have built their players like a callice on the hand of the carpenter. Mr. Miagigo is their trainer, wax on wax off, sand the flool Danielson!

For Once this is something we can agree on!!!!!!Whether it be Camden Cats cant call um lions or GP whoever wins this game will get a crack at Alcoa then maybe they can see how real 2A smash mouth football is played. Alcoa Plays no one I repeat no one in the regular season.

"Alcoa Plays no one I repeat no one in the regular season." HCOlinedad.... I am quoting your exact words. Now I'm giving you a does of reality. Week 2 Alcoa vs MARYVILLE. Little background on Maryville just in case you haven't heard of them. Currently 11-0 and favorite to win class 4A, STATE CHAMPS 06, 05, 04, 02, 01, 00.... that's just since 2000. Now I know your response.... look at the score of that game, but that's not the issue... it's you saying Alcoa hasn't played " no one...repeat no one. " On the other hand GP destroys, 21 or more whoever they catch next week, and loses to Alcoa. To stay on topic of this thread LC- 28 HC-13