Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

I'm leaving for Vegas next Sunday, guess I better stay out of the sports books. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The Board say East took Cherokee by 3. If Trottercoach had picked the player rather that the coach he would have been 3 of 3. Hey Trottercoach, tell us about the East - Cherokee game.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Board say East took Cherokee by 3. If Trottercoach had picked the player rather that the coach he would have been 3 of 3. Hey Trottercoach, tell us about the East - Cherokee game.

Oops -Trottercoach had picked Cocke Co. - bug spray has gone to his head. Still interested in hearing from him before the C-T.

Sidney Goins put on a clinic tonight with 32 points. Jeff's point does play out of control at times and tries to do to much. Of course she is still young, just a sophomore but did see a lot of playing time last year. Jeff put a blanket on Kelly Smith and Goins completely took over the game. They are really young but so athletic. If they keep improving they could definitely make some noise in the conference.

Jeff Co. appeared to be flat footed on defense most of the night. West was more aggressive on both ends of the court. I don't understand why Jeff didn't adjust to try and slow down the Goins girl. She had a huge night! The Nelson girl for Jeff appears to be in the same situation as Buda for Cocke County. She needs to be freed up and taking more looks at the basket at times and not trying to force the shot. The season is young and they are still adjusting to their new coach. Jeff has 3 starting seniors this year that will have to step up for them to be competitive this year in the IMAC. GO LADY PATRIOTS!!!!!

Cherokee was hot the first part of the game, Price had a solid showing.The 6' freshman actually made it tougher on East than it should have been, they have figured out early how to lob the ball to her and make use of her. They went up by I think 12 at one point.

I normally dont brag on my kid (Hale)but she was very instrumental in bringing East back within striking distance. I dont have actual numbers cause trottercoach aka hurricanedad /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> was videoing the game. Blaylock iced it in the final seconds for East with freethrows I'm happy to see that East has acquired the ability to fight to the horn this year, it will pay off this season(already has).

As to my other 2 predictions ....well that was just fun. Already lookin like a wild IMAC again.

Wow! Guess I overestimated Jeff Co. Are they still adjusting to new coach or is it the lack of a post game?

Saw Greeneville and Cocke Co. Both have some very good players (does Dickson ever miss?) but are beatable. Buda had a real burst of speed at times, but appeared very tired at the end when she put up some air balls. Thought Cocke stayed in the 2-3 way too long. They had some success with the press as ballhandling appears to be a weakness with Greeneville. There were plenty of phantom foul calls on both sides, but it seemed to rattle the younger Cocke girls more than Greeneville. Depew picked up a real one within seconds of getting an imaginary one.

I think it is the other way around. Middle school coach needs to adjust to high school basketball. Saw them play this summer. They looked like contenders. Plenty of talent at JC.

I think it is the other way around. Middle school coach needs to adjust to high school basketball. Saw them play this summer. They looked like contenders. Plenty of talent at JC.

oooh, nice shot their endguard. sounds like you need to stick to golf though. if i am not mistaking jeffco coach was an assistant to potts for a while. they still need a post that can produce no matter how experienced they are

What does being an assistant have to do with it? Sometimes moving up one seat is difficult. The first chair is alot hotter than seat two. We all can coach from the sidelines. I mean this is a step up. Some people adjust quicker than others. Is recruiting an option? If so help us out and send us one. We need all the help we can get.

What does being an assistant have to do with it? Sometimes moving up one seat is difficult. The first chair is alot hotter than seat two. We all can coach from the sidelines. I mean this is a step up. Some people adjust quicker than others. Is recruiting an option? If so help us out and send us one. We need all the help we can get.

apparently we can all coach from the sidelines huh? an assistant coach has a lot to do with it after you saying they are a middle school coach (your words endguard). anyone would know that it is a hotter seat, have you been there before? maybe you can give us a little more insight to why there is a new coach to begin with? if i heard correctly the change was made a WEEK before the season.

So has that become the Patriot blanket excuse this year? Coaching deficiencies? I was hoping this would end with football season. Please Ray...DZ....bail this one out before it gets out of hand. I enjoy our IMAC thread too much to have to read some Jeff County fans in-fighting over a new coach. How about some background and FACTS instead of innuendo and assumptions.

apparently we can all coach from the sidelines huh? an assistant coach has a lot to do with it after you saying they are a middle school coach (your words endguard). anyone would know that it is a hotter seat, have you been there before? maybe you can give us a little more insight to why there is a new coach to begin with? if i heard correctly the change was made a WEEK before the season.

The hiring of the new Jeff Co. coach was Friday, Monday were when tryouts were held. I got a chance to catch the second half of the Jeff/West game and to be honest with you, I was not impressed with Jeff's PG until the final 2 minutes when she actually decided to use her speed and play defense. She could be one of the quickest gaurds in the conference however it doesn't seem like she cares about playing defense. She would much rather be the girl who cherry picks and gets those easy layups. I heard that Elliott came out and banged in 2 3's for Jeff but then Jeff didn't seem to find her again until it was almost too late. If I had the conference leader in 3's on my team, I'd be feeding her the ball, just my opinion. Plus, there were several times that there was a lack of communication on what defense they were playing and that lead to several easy baskets for West. Oh and Goins looked like she was doing drills b/c she kept getting the ball in the same place and would make a move and put it up. Way too easy for her, but I think she will be a factor in every game if west is to be successful. After seeing this 2nd half of play, i think this year could be just like last year and be a crazy race at the end.

Coach Lewis at Jeff Co. is a very capable coach. He has the desire and knowledge to be a H.S. coach. You talk about middle school and high school ball being different, when you take your team to the state tourny i 2 or 3 times in a row you have to know what you are talking about. He has talent, but just give him time to get these girls to play his system and from what I saw, Jeff. Co. has to get together and play tough defense for the entire game. After Christmas break I believe Jeff Co. will be a much better team on both sides of the ball. You can't really complain to much on offense when I look at the scores for jeff co. they are scoring over 50 points a game and 60 in the last 3 games. If you can score that much in h.s. you are giving yourself a chance to win.

So has that become the Patriot blanket excuse this year? Coaching deficiencies? I was hoping this would end with football season. Please Ray...DZ....bail this one out before it gets out of hand. I enjoy our IMAC thread too much to have to read some Jeff County fans in-fighting over a new coach. How about some background and FACTS instead of innuendo and assumptions.

There's a couple of them in every crowd barb ... there is some bitterness among a few that coach potts is no longer the girls coach at JCHS, so they take it out on the new guy in town.

Coach Lewis, along with Coach Kyle and Coach Hill are very capable. Is there transition problems? Likely. Does it give the players an excuse? Not from where I sit. They have to want to play defense to make it work. They have to want to rebound to make that happen. If you are not the biggest folks in town, you have to do the little things to make up for it.

I bought into the idea that it was going to take time, and come the 2nd half, that Jeff County was going to be tough to play. But that won't happen by turning a calendar page. The coaches can talk, and teach and demonstrate until they are out of breath, but if the players don't listen, and don't execute, or worse, some do, and some don't, then the greatest coach in the world isn't going to make a difference. The team is doing a lot of good things, but unfortunately, in each loss, there has been an extended period of time where very little goes correctly. Every player has been involved with both the good and the bad.

David didn't slay Golaith by trying to punch him to death. He didn't have the muscle. He used his head, and his available tools, and his courage, to slay the giant. We aren't going to grow a 6-1 post player any time soon. So we have to be smarter, and execute better. And as Coach Potts was fond of saying " PLAY HARD".

There is plenty of talent. I beleive the "want to" is there. It has to come together. The players have to make it happen. One loss does not make a season. It can be a valuable lesson if used the right way.

Go Lady Patriots. We beleive! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />