Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

PTS or LadyRed:

Any update on Courtney Lewis? How is she mending? Is she projected back this season?

And has anyone heard anything definitive on Goins?

I hope everyone has a a safe Friday night.

Sidney Goins is out with a torn ACL and will be having surgery soon. Tough break (again this season, as has happened the last 4) for the Lady Trojans. Also tough break for the Lady Trojan track team as Sidney was projected to finish in the top 2 in the state in high jump.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Greenville fans,

This isn't going to be a popular post but here it goes. To say that Nicole is not the mainstay of your team is amazing. I can't think of a team in the conference that doesn't have a D1 player--the difference is that Nicole is a top 5 D1 player. It is like having Glory Johnson on your team. If any other team in the conference had her (except for maybe West) they would be in first place. Greenville has one of the biggest counties in Tennessee, and an ever growing draw of population compared to Cherokee and some other smaller population counties. You have no zoning rules which gives you an edge on Morristown East and West where you have to actually live in the correct zone to play. Last but not least, there was a whole thread devoted to the terrible reffing that happens when you "go to Greenville" to play. As someone said on the thread--"...we have to live with it every day--no one wins in Greenville." It is an undisputed fact that for the rest of Nicole's reign, yes let's call it like it is, that Greenville will be at the top of the heap.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

So all you need to do is convince some girl's parents that your program is good enough to warrant a move to your district....is that a problem for you peanut? Obviously you have reached the conclusion that Greeneville has that type of program. Would you send your player to a private school (assuming you are financially able) if you knew it would benefit her? What's the difference? By the way, we also accept students from outside the county for slightly more tuition, so if your girl has talent, bring her on down /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

As long as Greeneville's policy is applied equally and without tuition scholarship, it is not against TSSAA policy. Greene County has open enrollment as well, but I don't see you whining that South Greene gets all the good county players.

I was under the impression that IMAC officiating is particularly abyssmal this year across the board, and while I have to agree, it was particularly bad at the Ladies Classic and the Land-Air, as a rule it seems to be as bad on other hardwood as well.

Any chance they shut down Dickson?

A huge congratulations to Coach Johnny Galyon and the Morristown Lady Trojans. Coach Galyon had the perfect game plan and the players executed it to perfection. West only had one turnover the second half. Dickson only had 9 pts. and was basically a non factor in the game. Greeneville seemed to make no adjustments and looked totally lost on the floor. Their coach was trying to call time out at one point when Greeneville didn't even have the ball. West had excellent ball handling tonight and Greeneville had no answer for Megan Fanney, the West point guard. Again Congrats Lady Trojans on a great victory.

A huge congratulations to Coach Johnny Galyon and the Morristown Lady Trojans. Coach Galyon had the perfect game plan and the players executed it to perfection. West only had one turnover the second half. Dickson only had 9 pts. and was basically a non factor in the game. Greeneville seemed to make no adjustments and looked totally lost on the floor. Their coach was trying to call time out at one point when Greeneville didn't even have the ball. West had excellent ball handling tonight and Greeneville had no answer for Megan Fanney, the West point guard. Again Congrats Lady Trojans on a great victory.

Every team can have an occasional off night and I said earlier in the thread that Greeneville could be upset by an IMAC team. I am a little surprised that it was to the last place team, but West is not a typical cellar dweller. It appears Greeneville played good enough defense, but were slowed offensively. Holding Dickson to 9 points is impressive. West may have found a formula to knock off the Devils and I bet a lot of teams will want to see the game tape.

Every team can have an occasional off night and I said earlier in the thread that Greeneville could be upset by an IMAC team. I am a little surprised that it was to the last place team, but West is not a typical cellar dweller. It appears Greeneville played good enough defense, but were slowed offensively. Holding Dickson to 9 points is impressive. West may have found a formula to knock off the Devils and I bet a lot of teams will want to see the game tape.

It was not the case that Greeneville had an off night. Coach Galyon showed what studying the other team, and putting together a plan that used your strengths and took away Greeneville's strengths can give you a chance to win the game. Greeneville played well, but it was a different game than they had seen before. Dixon was guarded most of the night by a freshman on man to man, and many time by two freshmen in zone play. West used the strength of their young point guards in May and Fanney to slow the pace of shooting, and for the most part waited for the best shot. Fanney had the best game of ball she has ever played, be it at West High or Trotter Ball. She showed a new level of maturity for a 15 year old. Watching the tape and developing the plan is one part of winning, getting every player that hits the floor committed to executing the plan the the other part and that won the game for West. Coach Galyon and Coach Sents have been working with this young group since spring for a night like tonight. Two or three mistakes, and the game could have gone the other way, but very few gave the Lady Trojans any chance of being in the game, much less winning after loss of their key player last week. Excellent game play - well executed.

Gotta hand it to you, coach17, you called it right. I never would have thought that so many negative factors could come together for a team like they did for Greeneville tonight. Some of the Lady Devils may have underestimated the Lady Trojans. It was a humbling experience for the girls and maybe a wake-up call for them. As impressed as I have been with Coach Crumbley, it does seem that she struggles in the rare instances when coaching from behind. Many times the same elaborate plays are called when there is under 3:00 minutes to play which waste so much time that there is no way they can catch up. There comes a time when you're down that you just have to take opportunities to drive to the basket and take it up strong hoping some will fall along with the fouls so that you can stop the clock while chipping away at the score. Nicole started doing that late in the game but it was a little too little too late. Kuddos to the Morristown West coach -- his game plan was executed perfectly and his clock management was superb. Again, I was impressed with Kelley, Shipley and Ramsey. They stayed cool and contributed much but just not enough to get it done tonight. McIntyre played with heart but just couldn't get the shots to fall. Same with Rachel Collins. It just seemed that everyone was out of sync tonight. Some may say that just happens sometimes but it may be more accurate to say that the Lady Devils have got to learn to make adjustments when "tried and true" aren't working.

Interesting matchup monday night in E-Town as the Devils and Cyclones square off. How will the Devils respond to their first loss this year to an upper ET team? Is EHS ready to avenge the early season blow out like the 05 team did?

Did Mo-West really do anyone a favor here, or did they just awake a sleeping giant?

Updated Standings

Greeneville 6-1

Morristown East 4-4

Cherokee 4-4

Cocke County 4-4

Jefferson County 3-5

Morristown West 2-5

Remaining Games

1/25

Cherokee @ Cocke County

Jefferson County @ Greeneville

Morristown West @ Morristown East

2/1

Cocke County @ Jefferson County

Cherokee @ Morristown West

Greeneville @ Morristown East

2/9

Morristown West @ Greeneville

Cherokee @ Cocke County looks huge for second place.