Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

Looks like you got a good batch of Voodoo juice cookin' up this week!

There was talk of a hog cookin' for this coming Saturday, but in stickin with tradition and listening to superstition, Coach wants to keep the Steakfest going. So, this Saturday will be steak and shrimp plus... Each week the steaks get 1/4 thicker and the young men deserve every ounce they get. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Looks like we will be cookin' a hog at the end of the season, when the boys can stay up with us. Oughta be fun! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Are they already 1" thick?

Pig in the ground sounds good. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that they are over 1" now...my little boy told me about them the other day. Yeah the pig in the ground will be good when we get to do that. Sprinkle a little voodoo juice on it and...OH MAN!! You don't want any of that to get on your forhead 'cause your tongue would beat your brains out trying to lick it off!!

We have lost the stirring paddle...again. Olddevil have you seen it or did 'Cephas leave with after the game the other nite? Or maybe BRFL is using to keep his boy in line...hehe!!

Come, thick night,

And pall thee in the dunnest smoke of heck,

That my keen knife see not the wound it makes,

Nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark,

To cry, 'Hold, hold!'

Macbeth, 1. 5

The pot's a boiling. The Gator just threw in some cat fur, Old World cheese...hehehe, and now Michael is donating one of his knives. OH MY!! Here is the first smoke...MMMM...wish you could smell that smell. Wait a minute...the Gator has been overtaken by the smoke!! Gotta go...here we go again. You would think that I would learn...NNNOOO!!!

Suggest we find some golden slippers to sip the juice out of. Missed your entries last week, BR84!

GO BIG RED

I will make the needed arrangements to add that to the tailgate party list. Michael just gave us his line for the week...He gave me the knife and said,"Remember that there is more than one way to skin a cat." "You don't always have to start at the hind legs." Might be some truth to that.

Olddevil, been on the vacation trail for the past few days. Back now though. Thanks for missing us. Got the Gator back up. While he is out, we are using his tail to stir the pot...glad his hide is thick.

Zone, I am going to have to assume that you are a coach. Most likely from JNS, otherwise why would you watch so much film on these two. Nontheless, do you think that Henry County's defense will be able to shut down Melrose offense? Are they really as poor on that side of the ball as some suggest? I understand their defense is another story altogether, what are your thoughts here...

I can assure you that having the atheletes on offense is not the problem. The problem is Melrose's scheme and how predictable they are in each set. They also never try and get the numbers game on offense. They can be explosive and hit you with the big play. No disrespect to the great playmakers that Henry Co. has, but Melroses's number 13 will be the most dangrerous player on the field, but they dont use him enough. Melrose also doesnt put enough pressure on the defense. Unless they do something different Henry Co. should hold their offense in check for the majority of the night. We had two alignment busts in man coverage that went for big plays including their first touchdown. They did not move the ball great against us and the score doesnt show that. In the fourth quarter when they scored all their points they had an extemely short field on 3 of their TDs. I am picking Henry Co. because I think they have the better scheme offenisvely than does Melrose. I think the defenses are a wash. Meroses kids are extemely fast and tackle well. Henry Co's are tough with good speed and they play hard. Both teams are sound in what they do, but can give up plays in the pass game.

I can assure you that having the atheletes on offense is not the problem. The problem is Melrose's scheme and how predictable they are in each set. They also never try and get the numbers game on offense. They can be explosive and hit you with the big play. No disrespect to the great playmakers that Henry Co. has, but Melroses's number 13 will be the most dangrerous player on the field, but they dont use him enough. Melrose also doesnt put enough pressure on the defense. Unless they do something different Henry Co. should hold their offense in check for the majority of the night. We had two alignment busts in man coverage that went for big plays including their first touchdown. They did not move the ball great against us and the score doesnt show that. In the fourth quarter when they scored all their points they had an extemely short field on 3 of their TDs. I am picking Henry Co. because I think they have the better scheme offenisvely than does Melrose. I think the defenses are a wash. Meroses kids are extemely fast and tackle well. Henry Co's are tough with good speed and they play hard. Both teams are sound in what they do, but can give up plays in the pass game.

Zone,

IMO, Melrose's offensive impotence is a glaring indictement of its ultra-conservative/unimaginative Coaching staff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've watched Melrose closely and seen them play plenty of times, during Coach Alexander's era... Your comments concerning Melrose's (poor) scheme would appear to confirm what I've stated repeatedly about them (this year and last year): Melrose needs new Coaching! Fast.

With all the athletes and talent that Melrose has on their team, Melrose should be averaging darn near 35-40 points per game. They should be blowing people out! Yet, they struggle mightily on offense. Their offensive schemes are so plain "vanilla," predictable and out-of-sync with the available talent, that one has to wonder if Melrose's staff spends any time at all strategizing and formulating a game plan, designed to maximize its strengths and exploit its opponent's weaknesses. It's as if their approach to game-planning is to say, "hey, we've got more raw talent than the other team. We don't need to waste time on strategies and that kind of crap. Let's just let our kids go out there, line up and play "football."

As a fan of Memphis HS football, I can tell you it's very baffling to watch Melrose struggle so mightily on offense. One can only scratch his head, and wonder... Yeah, I know that teams must still execute whatever plays are called. That nonwithstanding, Melrose routinely and severely underutilizes its playmakers (#13, 47 and 32 come immediately to mind, though their are several others). On top of that, strategically, they consistently fail to put those playmakers in position to inflict the most damage on the opposition.

I could go on and on....Let me just stop and say that Melrose's staff is in urgent need of a massive overhaul, IMO.

After this game vs Henry County, perhaps that overhaul will begin immediately. Hopefully!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry County 17 ---------- Melrose 13

Trader, Zone, anybody that's seen Melrose play..

How aggressive is their defense? Would they be very suspect to the mis-directions and counters that HC runs?

RedSwarm,

Melrose's defense is not very aggressive. They are fast, however, and swarm to the ball. They have not been particularly succeptible to mis-directions and counters, from what I've observed.

I seem to recall that Jackson Northside ran a lot of misdirection and counters, via their Wing-T. Melrose defended it rather well. Oddly, they gave up more yardage via the old-fashioned "sweep" than anything else.

Alright guys i've come to the conclusion that the prophet's life is in a downward spiral. for some reason he has shown aggresssion to any poster not bearing the same idea as him, this is troublesome. So guys who have been affected just don't reply to this delusional fool because he is just trying to get a rise out of us.

Alright guys i've come to the conclusion that the prophet's life is in a downward spiral. for some reason he has shown aggresssion to any poster not bearing the same idea as him, this is troublesome. So guys who have been affected just don't reply to this delusional fool because he is just trying to get a rise out of us.

I have noticed the same thing. Makes me wonder if some hacked his password. j/k...about the password.