Alcoa QB Randall Cobb offered scholarship by UT

Red Rebels

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when is UT a "top" level SEC team. I don't see the "big orange" making any huge strides anytime soon.

I too think he will be a Wildcat. He doesn't want to wind up like Rogan does he?

Since when? Oh, I don't know, just look at their track record under Fulmer-does a national championship ring a bell? Yeah and if they beat Kentucky this week they're in the SEC championship? Do you want to ask that question again?

Randall Cobb can play........period. I don't care if he's 5' 10" or 6'10".

He has a strong arm, good touch on his passes, and seldom throws one in a crowd.

But he is lethal in the open field. Great speed, moves, and the most surprising thing, he is extremely strong. He breaks lots of tackles. Just an awesome runner.

I understand he is a good student (he must be if he's 16 as a senior), and a good kid.

I have not seen Phillips from Sullivan South yet, but I don't think any player in the state has the overall atheltic ability of Cobb.

If Cutcliffe is telling the truth about the spread.....Cobb is a great fit.

Since when? Oh, I don't know, just look at their track record under Fulmer-does a national championship ring a bell? Yeah and if they beat Kentucky this week they're in the SEC championship? Do you want to ask that question again?

Haven't been to the SEC game since 2004 and have not won it since 1998.....soooo yes I will ask it again.

Anyone who knows me knows I will bag on UT any chance I get.

I am a hater, what can I say. I own up to it.

I think Randall is a great kid and leader that will go to school to get an education, and play a little football.

No matter where he goes, he will be a success in the classroom as well as the field.

Haven't been to the SEC game since 2004 and have not won it since 1998.....soooo yes I will ask it again.

Anyone who knows me knows I will bag on UT any chance I get.

I am a hater, what can I say. I own up to it.

I think Randall is a great kid and leader that will go to school to get an education, and play a little football.

No matter where he goes, he will be a success in the classroom as well as the field.

After admitting to this, why would anyone believe anything you say about UT.....

I hear you, but you of all people should know things can change. I wouldn't count out UT IMHO. Randall has as much upside as any kid in the state. He is only 16 and will continue to grow. I appreciate your input but this one will be very interesting to follow. Randall has improved more than any kid I have seen in a while and I believe he will keep getting better and better. He has really benefited from Coach Rankin's coaching also. Gary is one of the best QB handlers in the state if not the best. He utilizes 3-tool QB's as well as any high school coach around. I used to watch him do it at Riverdale year after year when I lived there. Ask Coach what he thinks of Randall and he has had some great ones i.e. Brian Davis, Eric Locke and Dave Thomas.

Coach Rankin does a fantastic job with ALL his players. He does a great job promoting his players. I'm sure Coach Rankin has had numerous conversations with Coaches from all over trying to help his players. Alcoa is lucky to have a coach that really cares about his players!

I heard that UK offered Cobb specifically to play defensive back, not sure if it is true. I did however hear Mason was told he would have a shot at QB if he committed to UK. I personally believe that Cobb is better than Mason, and that includes at QB.....

Once they have you committed life doesn't always go as they promise.

Heck UK's not even as good as UT in basketball now.

Good point, Grey Goose!! But I wouldn't DARE make any predictions about Saturday's game-I wouldn't be surprised to see anybody beat anybody in the SEC this season! There must have been a MAJOR misalignment in the stars for college football this year-I don't know when we'll EVER see another season like this again.

Good point, Grey Goose!! But I wouldn't DARE make any predictions about Saturday's game-I wouldn't be surprised to see anybody beat anybody in the SEC this season! There must have been a MAJOR misalignment in the stars for college football this year-I don't know when we'll EVER see another season like this again.

Boy aint that the truth; the SEC usually beats up on 1 another every year which is why there is rarely an SEC team that finishes undefeated.....

Since when is UT a "top" level SEC team. I don't see the "big orange" making any huge strides anytime soon.

I too think he will be a Wildcat. He doesn't want to wind up like Rogan does he?

like rogan? whats that supposed to mean??? if you watched the game saturday you should have noticed rogan won the ballgame for ut in a sense...now rogan really shouldnt be playing right now and he was only a three star athlete coming out of high school...rogan is lucky to get on the field and he has done a heck of a job when he has gotten the oppurtunity, why wouldnt you want to end up like rogan getting moderate playing time at your best position...rogan was asked at the beginning of the yr what position he wanted to play and he said DB cause he knew he had the best chance of playing if he went that route...cobb couldnt make it at ut he isnt athletic enough to play WR and isnt fast enough to play safety so he might get shoved in at TE or LB but he would have to work on getting stronger