Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKenzie is gonna be more disciplined offensively and defensively. That's why I see them winning the game. MP does have some toughness though. Nobody wants MP to win more than I do, but I just don't see it. MPs best chance defensively is to harass the QB, they have the pass rushers. It is the strength of the defense, tackles for big losses.

i've seen mr. carr play. if you harrass him in the backfield, he has the wheels to run on you. he can beat you with more than just his arm.

on the other hand, you can run the ball on mckenzie's defense. and, from what i'm hearing, mt. pleasant has a good running back. hummmmmm.

this should be a great game. i might find my way over there this friday nite.

McKenzie is gonna be more disciplined offensively and defensively. That's why I see them winning the game. MP does have some toughness though. Nobody wants MP to win more than I do, but I just don't see it. MPs best chance defensively is to harass the QB, they have the pass rushers. It is the strength of the defense, tackles for big losses.

Well i hope it is a good clean game with the REBELS on top but yalls qb is very good and might have some big plays against us but we fight till the end.If you rush our qb he can run and i am sure yall konow this but he is very good at passing and can pass on the run as well as in the pocket.............................GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would You Like A Big Ole Steak Instead With Bake Tater? And When I Mean Big I Mean 2 Inch Thick. I'll Get The Duck Over And We'll Have A Private One Before The Game And Talk About MTP Demise. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 And Raynok Is Welcome As Well.

Please Don't Eat At Hig's. I Couldn't Stand It Knowing Ya Did

That sounds good...I talked to Raynok last night and if he goes we may have to leave a little later so I don't know if we'll have time to eat and visit. Hopefully I'll know something later today.

On another note...I watched the McKenzie/Huntington game last night (couldn't resist). McKenzie is definitely good. They have good size up front and there skill players can play some ball. Huntington is good as well. Not to take anything away from McKenzie's win but I thought that the play calling for Huntington was not very good. McKenzie was just pinning their ears back rushing 7 & 8 at a time and Huntington kept calling long developing pass plays. They had success early in the game running the ball but they got away from that in the second half. I don't know if it was just this game but with the way McKenzie played defense it made them susceptible to over pursuing and thats how Huntington kept gashing them with the run game. One thing is for sure though, you better hit the hole quick against McKenzie or they'll eat your lunch. As far as McKenzie's offense goes; it seemed like they either threw a bomb or gave it to the RB up the middle. And Butchie you need to tell Carr to carry out his fakes better...after he takes the snap, if he shows his back to the defense then its a run, if he doesn't then its a pass. The only exception is on the bootlegs. As one who has now watched both teams play, I'd say this ought to be a great game. But in order for this to be a great game here's what I think needs to happen:

* MP's secondary will have to play to defend the fly patterns (give up the short yardage throws). MP can't expect to get pressure on Carr in order to defend the pass because he gets rid of the ball quick.

* MP's offense will have to stay balanced with the play calling and keep McKenzie honest by gashing them with quick runs. Don't run East to West near the line of scrimmage.

* McKenzie's offense will need to establish the run early so that the passing game can be successful later on in the game.

* McKenzie's defense will have to get penetration up front and get a few tackles in the back field to put MP in 3rd and long situations.

That's my $0.02 worth. My unbiased opinion is that neither team could beat Jo Byrns /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . No I'm just kidding, I think it has all the makings of a great game and I don't expect a blowout as long as both teams do what I mentioned above. Again, just my $0.02 worth...

That sounds good...I talked to Raynok last night and if he goes we may have to leave a little later so I don't know if we'll have time to eat and visit. Hopefully I'll know something later today.

On another note...I watched the McKenzie/Huntington game last night (couldn't resist). McKenzie is definitely good. They have good size up front and there skill players can play some ball. Huntington is good as well. Not to take anything away from McKenzie's win but I thought that the play calling for Huntington was not very good. McKenzie was just pinning their ears back rushing 7 & 8 at a time and Huntington kept calling long developing pass plays. They had success early in the game running the ball but they got away from that in the second half. I don't know if it was just this game but with the way McKenzie played defense it made them susceptible to over pursuing and thats how Huntington kept gashing them with the run game. One thing is for sure though, you better hit the hole quick against McKenzie or they'll eat your lunch. As far as McKenzie's offense goes; it seemed like they either threw a bomb or gave it to the RB up the middle. And Butchie you need to tell Carr to carry out his fakes better...after he takes the snap, if he shows his back to the defense then its a run, if he doesn't then its a pass. The only exception is on the bootlegs. As one who has now watched both teams play, I'd say this ought to be a great game. But in order for this to be a great game here's what I think needs to happen:

* MP's secondary will have to play to defend the fly patterns (give up the short yardage throws). MP can't expect to get pressure on Carr in order to defend the pass because he gets rid of the ball quick.

* MP's offense will have to stay balanced with the play calling and keep McKenzie honest by gashing them with quick runs. Don't run East to West near the line of scrimmage.

* McKenzie's offense will need to establish the run early so that the passing game can be successful later on in the game.

* McKenzie's defense will have to get penetration up front and get a few tackles in the back field to put MP in 3rd and long situations.

That's my $0.02 worth. My unbiased opinion is that neither team could beat Jo Byrns /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . No I'm just kidding, I think it has all the makings of a great game and I don't expect a blowout as long as both teams do what I mentioned above. Again, just my $0.02 worth...

One thing I noticed also is that they follow 64 a lot of the time. He is a load at 5'9" 265.

McKenzie is a much more balanced team and therefore more dangerous than last year when we played them...Last year when we faced MP they were totally one dimensional...I have heard they have expanded their offense more this year and Dailey has become a threat to throw...if so this should be a close one...if not the Rebels will take it

on the other hand, you can run the ball on mckenzie's defense. and, from what i'm hearing, mt. pleasant has a good running back. hummmmmm.

Keep thinking that and you'll make the defensive's job much easier ...

No sure where you got that information ... Ask ol' Jordan from Bruceton ... When Carr had almost 40 more yards rushing than he did ...

You better hope you can get to the outside ... It's highly doubtful ... But if you can you just may have a chance of getting atleast 50 total rushing yards ...

Up the middle ... That's a major NO-NO ...

Ask TCA about that 4th and inches centimeters and the other close conversions ... It just ain't happening ... McKenzie wins by atleast 30

No talk of a one man team ... You try and run ... With anyone ... It WILL be shut down ...

You try and go over the top ... It will be knocked down or intercepted ...

McKenzie does sometimes allow a short little crossing route over the middle every now and then ... Keep them short passes going and out of nowhere BAM ... It's picked and going the other way for 6 ...

Not only will Chapman and Rodgers take it from ya without ya knowin ... The young 'un, Quentin Bowden was just a half step from taking another one allt the way back last week on that little crossing route ... Don't forget about Reeder's INT and return as well ...

I'll say Mt. Pleasant 7 ... McKenzie 42

Thanks for your opinion. It sounds like you have it all summed up. Looks like Mt. Pleasant has something to prove.[/size] I have confidence in this team. I'm sure they will come ready to play.

hay (theyoungtiger) if I can talk mama in going down and see the other kids friday night, I may just run into you at the game. I will let you know later in the week. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I Got A 200lb er I Have To Do Something With. We Need To Find Out Who All's Coming.

What time is the party................................................get them rebels /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />