Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

121-9 is indeed an outstanding record. But keep in mind that Maryville doesn't really play a strong schedule with the better teams in the Knoxville area. Alcoa is very good but are 2 classifications below Maryville. Heritage is always a very weak 5-A team they play, W.B. has only gotten better in the past couple of years and if not for a blown call on a field goal they would have beaten Maryville this year. Maryville dodges the likes of O.R., Farragut, etc.. Matter in fact they have enough students to be 5-A but they are holding off playing with the big boys as long as they can. The only competition they have in Regular season is Central. I would be the first to admit that on at least 3 occasions Central had more talent and was just out coached. The Region is the weakest it has been in years as Central failed to make the play offs, Halls the #2 team was destroyed by Red Bank who in turn was demolished by Maryville. Don't get me wrong 121-9 is tremendous. But don't get confused and think they are ringing up wins against the best competition in the Knoxville area.

As for the game Friday night. I just don't see Sullivan South being able to keep up with Maryville. Trust me there is nothing I would like better than to see the mighty Maryville Rebels fall but it just isn't going to happen. They dismantled a very good Red Bank team and will do the same on Friday night. The Rebels are hitting on all cylinders. I hope Sullivan South enjoys the trip has a nice meal because thats all they will get on Friday.

Maryville 29 Sullivan 9

hey chuck donovan. how does it feel that maryville owns your central bobcats? central is a bunch of chokers who can't get it done. maryville gets it done. 10 state titles. 7 state titles in 9 years. 111-2 in their last 113 games. beating teams like melrose,alcoa,hillsboro,central,powell,red bank,halls,rhea county,morristown west and william blount. that is getting it done. how many state titles has central won? zero,none. george quarles is a genius and a mastermind. maryville is a machine and dynasty. that is all you need to know.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey chuck donovan. how does it feel that maryville owns your central bobcats? central is a bunch of chokers who can't get it done. maryville gets it done. 10 state titles. 7 state titles in 9 years. 111-2 in their last 113 games. beating teams like melrose,alcoa,hillsboro,central,powell,red bank,halls,rhea county,morristown west and william blount. that is getting it done. how many state titles has central won? zero,none. george quarles is a genius and a mastermind. maryville is a machine and dynasty. that is all you need to know.

Can't really disagree with anything you said. But the fact is: Maryville's Regular season schedule is weak. They haven't stepped up to play with the big boys and the classification their enrollment would dictate.

As for the teams you mentioned. Melrose outcoached, Alcoa single A school that ain't afraid to play up in classification, Hillsboro good team and some big wins for the Rebels, Central more talent on several occasions but G.Q. is always a step ahead of Helton, Powell, Red Bank, Halls, Rhea Co., avg to weak 4-a schools, Morristown West good wins against some of their better teams the only team that has beaten Maryville in a long while, William Blount middle of the pack 5-A team.

I will give this to Maryville they beat the teams they schedule in regular season. Those teams just aren't very strong.

So were you at the game to see the WB PAT to tell if it was blown or not? Or just using hearsay?

I WAS THERE AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THE CRYING. GROW UP BOYS

I HAVE SAID THIS MANY MANY TIMES.

THE REF CALLED IT OFF, SO IT WAS OFF.

UNLESS YOUR RIGHT UNDER THE T OF THE POST YOU CAN NOT SAY

THAT YOU KNOW FOR SURE IT WAS GOOD.

THAT IS A CALL THAT HAS TO BE MADE FROM THAT POSITION, NOT ANYWHERE ELSE

ON THAT FIELD. THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE TWO REF'S IN THAT POSITON

WHILE THERE IS A PUNT.

AND KNOW, I AM NOT JUST A MARYVILLE FAN.

I HAVE A NEPHEW WHO PLAYS FOR WB AND NO ONE WAS ROOTING THEM ON ANY MORE

THAN I WAS TOO.

SO LETS JUST PUT THAT BABY TO BED NOW.

(BESIDES THAT FOLKS, REMEMBER. THAT WOULD ONLY HAVE TIED THE GAME)

NOT..........WIN..........IT....................................................

GO BLOUNT CO. TEAMS.

OLD WALLAND HIGH IS WISHING YOU ALL GOOD LUCK.AND SAFE PLAY FOR ALL THE BOYS

ON ALL 4 TEAMS...........................................................................

121-9 is indeed an outstanding record. But keep in mind that Maryville doesn't really play a strong schedule with the better teams in the Knoxville area. Alcoa is very good but are 2 classifications below Maryville. Heritage is always a very weak 5-A team they play, W.B. has only gotten better in the past couple of years and if not for a blown call on a field goal they would have beaten Maryville this year. Maryville dodges the likes of O.R., Farragut, etc.. Matter in fact they have enough students to be 5-A but they are holding off playing with the big boys as long as they can. The only competition they have in Regular season is Central. I would be the first to admit that on at least 3 occasions Central had more talent and was just out coached. The Region is the weakest it has been in years as Central failed to make the play offs, Halls the #2 team was destroyed by Red Bank who in turn was demolished by Maryville. Don't get me wrong 121-9 is tremendous. But don't get confused and think they are ringing up wins against the best competition in the Knoxville area.

As for the game Friday night. I just don't see Sullivan South being able to keep up with Maryville. Trust me there is nothing I would like better than to see the mighty Maryville Rebels fall but it just isn't going to happen. They dismantled a very good Red Bank team and will do the same on Friday night. The Rebels are hitting on all cylinders. I hope Sullivan South enjoys the trip has a nice meal because thats all they will get on Friday.

Maryville 29 Sullivan 9

WHAT?

"Maryville dodges the likes of O.R., Farragut, etc...?????? Who the heck is Farragut? Let's see, Farragut has gotten to the semis at 3A twice 78 & 81! Then under 5A in 95. Guess what, they got beat in every semi-final appearance. Farragut might have a good team this year, but they are not among top programs on anyone??™s list and really why dodge them? Who the heck is Farragut in Football? Oak Ridge at least has made it to the big game lately as 05' and has a few championships as proof. Maryville scrimmages Oak Ridge because they are considered by many to be among the top programs in the state. Win some championships at some level or make it past the semi's then talk to us about Farragut. What a joke, dodge Farragut!

I would say many teams Maryville has beaten were less than the best but how is that Maryville's fault? Many of the teams Maryville has beaten the past 10 years could and have spanked Farragut over the years and in many cases Oak Ridge to boot!

As Maryville continues to have success there are always those who want to inject the thought the Rebels have had an easy run. Most have no idea how hard these kids and coaches have worked over the years to be ready every Friday night and on that one day in December. No idea!

Humble? Sure if Maryville should lose this or next week or next year, it will be a change. For sure the law of averages is against the Red Rebels to continue to win and extend the streak, but if you think the Dynasty if finished because of one loss or two you would be wrong. You don't understand Maryville Football.

Tomorrow night SS will be in a game just like Maryville expects to be in, a tough one. SS has all of my respect and I am excited to see Mr. Phillips try to beat Maryville. In my opinion he won't be enough unless Maryville turns the ball over and comes out flat. If Maryville opens up the can of kick butt they open up last week vs. a great Red Bank 12-0 team then SS will experience the same thing many other great teams have endured, a sound and complete defeat.

Here is the only word that i can think of to describe a coaching record of 121 wins to nine loses: Ridiculous.

Ecspecially in the Knoxville area.

Funny thing is that Quarles started off 10-7 in his 1st 17 games. Some Rebel fans were wanting him fired. I was always behind Quarles because he was so good to my nephew when he played for him. Quarles and that staff sold me big time in 2000 when Maryville started out 0-4 then won their last 11 to win state. At the 1st of the year in 2000 I was wondering if Maryville would win a game. To see the improvement that team made was unreal.

**NEWS FLASH**

i love how people try to put us down by saying that we are just trying not to move up to 5A.., a school cant just say "oh hey, i think we should probably switch classes this year, yeah that seems like a good idea!" no, thats not how it works, to shock the world, this is the first year that we have had enough students to even be in the number of students for a 5A team, and thats just because there are over 400 freshmen(who dont even have an effect on the football team) and because we are actually proficient in areas other than football, i.e., academia, so parents pay the tuition for their kids to get an actual education..and as i previously stated, you cant just move up or down a class whenever your enrollment changes by a couple 100 kids, there is a time period i believe of either 4 or 5 years when the TSSAA re-classifies each school, so in 2009, as long as something crazy doesnt happen with enrollment and kids get kicked out or they do not change the numbers required for 5A, maryville will move up, and George and company will show everyone that it's not just the "weak" schedule we have in the regular season, but that we really are a class act and know what high school football is all about

p.s.

YOU WISH YOU WERE A REBEL!!!!

So much for the humbleness that Maryville fans displayed on this site.

Humbleness and class have very little to do with defending ones program when people are ever ready to insert into a game thread that your team has had an easy time during a 58 game winning streak by dodging teams that have never been able to win a championship of there own.

This thread is about the SS vs. MHS 4A East Semi-final game. It has nothing to do with a schedule. Saying Maryville has had an easy run is the same as disrespecting all the teams they have played over the years and placing them in the cup cake department and that is not right?

If Maryville should lose tomorrow night, I??™ll be one of the first shaking SS hands, congratulating them and driving to burro to cheer them to victory next week.

Am I still humble if I said I had a room up there already? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

S. South hasn't faced Maryville type competition this year and should be at least

a 28 point underdog. If Maryville hits them hard in the first half it will be over.

South has been slow out of the gate and has been playing catch up . South does

have some good players but I don't believe they have enough to match up with

Maryville. The Toyota " Big East selectors " left the South QB ( Curt Phillips ) off

the East squad for whatever reason --oversight or ?? Maybe his 33 TD rushing and

10 TD passing wasn't enough to get their attention. It did get Wisconsin"s attention

so all is well that ends well.

South you have nothing to lose --play loose -- the ball may bounce your way.

GOOD LUCK !

Rebels Good Luck from up here in Roan Mountain.

Humbleness and class have very little to do with defending ones program when people are ever ready to insert into a game thread that your team has had an easy time during a 58 game winning streak by dodging teams that have never been able to win a championship of there own.

This thread is about the SS vs. MHS 4A East Semi-final game. It has nothing to do with a schedule. Saying Maryville has had an easy run is the same as disrespecting all the teams they have played over the years and placing them in the cup cake department and that is not right?

If Maryville should lose tomorrow night, I??™ll be one of the first shaking SS hands, congratulating them and driving to burro to cheer them to victory next week.

Am I still humble if I said I had a room up there already? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

S. South hasn't faced Maryville type competition this year and should be at least

a 28 point underdog. If Maryville hits them hard in the first half it will be over.

South has been slow out of the gate and has been playing catch up . South does

have some good players but I don't believe they have enough to match up with

Maryville. The Toyota " Big East selectors " left the South QB ( Curt Phillips ) off

the East squad for whatever reason --oversight or ?? Maybe his 33 TD rushing and

10 TD passing wasn't enough to get their attention. It did get Wisconsin"s attention

so all is well that ends well.

South you have nothing to lose --play loose -- the ball may bounce your way.

GOOD LUCK !

Sullivan, South, Sullivan South. THe name doesn't matter just be prepared to have your head handed to you.

On a positive note Maryville is a very gracious host.

Kinda does in our area. Sullivan County has a lot of teams. Sullivan North, Sullivan South, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central- along with Tennessee High and DB (I believe that is it) so the names kind of matter.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. To all the fans, drive safe and have a good time.