South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

Yeah speed kills, but if you don't have good blocking then what good is speed? I see your speed crashing and burning when Hampton's line pushes yours into the backfield.

HAMPTON, Here's how ya beat South Pitt. Assume a good football position, depending on position you play, turn around 180 degrees. When the ball is snapped you'll already be facing where South Pitt's backs will be.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the thing on Grace Christian's website, and I wasn't at all impressed with Hampton.

I understand that it was Grace's highlight reel, but I saw some things that lead me to believe that South Pitt will win by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I thought it would be a good game before I saw the tape.

Now, I think it could possibly be over by halftime.

You coming to the game? Look me up

ZP,

As the paraphrase of the saying goes "One kid is sick and I don't feel so good myself" lol...or maybe that is about Elvis...

But I don't feel THAT bad either...so I may just get out there. If not it's ok, I can come see you guys win it in the Boro.

No one thought we were big enough in 03 either. I kept saying you guys were the other best team in the state and whoever got out of our region was gonna win it all. My biggest LB that year was Jeremy Davis (5'10", 172 pounds) and our line was very average in size. Everyone we played that year was bigger than us. Size is always trumped by speed in High School ball.

I remember in 02 in the semis when Cloudland came down. Huge line, big fast back averaging 170 yards a game or so. They talked just like Hampton is talking now. I think he gained 32 yards that game. "Speed Kills" and you guys have more than I have ever seen on a 1a squad. And your coaches and kids are top notch...always have been. That's why we love to play you. Get R Done.

GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS, from a Tribe fan! You guys keep up the great work reppin NET!

This thread doesn't look much different than the South Rebels thread, no body seems to think a team from NET stands a chance. Well go give 'em Heck!

Hampton 31

S. Pitt 24

ROLL DOGS ROLL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

HAMPTON, Here's how ya beat South Pitt. Assume a good football position, depending on position you play, turn around 180 degrees. When the ball is snapped you'll already be facing where South Pitt's backs will be.

Now that's funny...I don't care who you are /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I have talked to them and other football knowledgable people around the area all week and everything I am hearing is pointing to a Dawg visctory. PUJO, I think think we have a shot at it all. By everything that I have seen on SP, there is nothing to make me think that Hampton is not the best team. If they come out ready to play and jacked up like I am and not make any mistakes, we should win. I have waited all week to make my prediction...

Hampton 27

S. Pitt 21

Seems to me you're still stuck in space with the star wars gang! You CAN think Hampton is the best team after all it is a FREE country! I like doubt we have been doubted all year. Look where we are now. SIZE matters to you people huh? WELL THE BIGGER THEY ARE THE H-A-R-D-E-R THEY FALL!! All the talk about blowing us, out all it takes is ONE point to win !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT"LL WORK FOR ME>>>>>>>>> GO PIRATES! GO PIRATES ! BEAT THEM MUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game day is finally here. Everywhere I read, most people outside of Hampton are picking South Pitt as at least a 21 point favorite. Well that is ok. I kind of like being the underdog. Hampton was a HUGE underdog in 1960 when they won the State Basketball Championship. The last two teams they defeated that year were also undefeated. Everyone said then that Hampton didn't have chance. Well they shocked the state of Tennessee then and against all odds became champions. I know that basketball is different BUT the underdog concept is the same. A word for the Bulldogs!!.... Believe in yourself! Know that you have the heart, desire, and courage to get the job done. Everyone play every down like it was your last and leave your heart on that field. If you do this, you will be winners even if the score does not go your way. To all the team members know that the community of Hampton is more proud of you than you could ever imagine. Earn your respect tonight!!! I have a good feeling about this game, Hampton 28 South Pitt 27