AP Polls

Ticket

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 Nashville Christian Advancement Acade...

League: Freelance 26.1 14.4 7-0 0-0 -1

From what I hear Nashville Christian Advancement Academy has a LOADED team that travels the nation playing against teams such as the caliber of Oak Hill Academy. They are probably the best team in the state, bar none. But few have ever heard about them because they are not a member in the TSSAA.

no way Howard should be ahead of Dyer County. i know they are undefeated, but there (Howard)s quality wins are nowhere near the wins of Dyer County. Howards ppg are around 70. Dyer County is averaging almost 88 points per game. Howard should in no way be ahead of Dyer County

Howard has played and beat all of the following. Cleveland, Red Bank, Brainerd twice and Has Austin East later down the road! Austin East and Brainerd are two teams who are ranked in the top 5 so what are you talking about you dont even know anything about Howard because you havent seen them play. They have the same team that made state last year and they now return 6'7" Wing Dominique Harper

From what I hear Nashville Christian Advancement Academy has a LOADED team that travels the nation playing against teams such as the caliber of Oak Hill Academy. They are probably the best team in the state, bar none. But few have ever heard about them because they are not a member in the TSSAA.

Let's keep it that way too.

I think Hampton is ranked higher because Hampton has only lost 1 game (don't go by the record on coacht, it is ridiculously wrong) and Grace has lost 3 (I think). The only game Hampton lost was to Grace in OT. The Dogs had the game well in hand until about 2 minutes left in the game. Hampton pretty much led by double-digits the entire night. And by saying "up-there", were you talking about Grace beating them at Hampton? The game was not at Hampton...

Grace has lost 3 games to all double A schools. As far as the Hampton lost to Grace, I was there. Hampton did lead most the night but good teams know how how to win. Hampton is a very good team as well so don't take this the wrong way. Yes I was referring to up there as being a home game for Hampton..... maybe a home away from home game due to Hampton only a few minutes away and Grace 3 hours away.

I checked out Nashville Christian Advancement Academy. They are no doubt a great team. They do play Oak Hill and they travel around a bit. They also have the unlimited ability to recruit and I guess that might leave them out of the AP polls since they are not TSSAA. However, after looking them over, their opponents, how bad they beat certain teams, the lossing teams win/loss and strenghth of schedule and how bad other teams beat the same teams; I think they are no doubt one of the best. There is no way though one could say they are bar none the best in the state though. Many of their wins are over small schools. They have beat some average to good larger schools, but those same teams have been handled by a larger margin than what Nashville Christian Advancement Academy won by. Either way, I will be impressed if they beat Oak Hill, even though Oak Hill is a bit down from their usual status.

Grace has lost 3 games to all double A schools. As far as the Hampton lost to Grace, I was there. Hampton did lead most the night but good teams know how how to win. Hampton is a very good team as well so don't take this the wrong way. Yes I was referring to up there as being a home game for Hampton..... maybe a home away from home game due to Hampton only a few minutes away and Grace 3 hours away.

I was just telling you why Hampton is 6 positions higher in the ranking than Grace. Some teams have some lucky breaks go their way and come out with a victory. If you want to say that they "just no how to win", then that is cool with me. Hampton will just have to learn to not get careless and put a team away when they have dominated the opposing team the entire night...

Zeke vs Gaines would probably be the best big man match up in AA, and that includes Jurick. Zeke is 6'6 but plays 6'9. He can compete with anybody down low in the state. I believe that 100%, and stand by that. He is a freak, and so is Gaines. I think both of there abilities down low and how they both play football, it would be a physical game. I just hope if they ever play they let them play and dont call a foul for every little thing. Cuz it is a guarantee that it will be physical.

As for Chase Dunn, I would not think by the looks of him he was any good, but he is quick and very athletic for his size. He carries the ball every time he starts to try and make a move, but it is never called so I guess that makes it ok. He is definitely a play maker though.

I do however think if LA makes it to the boro, they should not want to run into to Bolivar. There games are very much alike. Fast paced, a lot of up and down. I just dont know if LA would be able to run with Bolivar. However if CPA was to play Bolivar I think CPA would win by 10+. Coach Maddux would make Bolivar adjust to CPA rather than the other way around. It would be a half court game, and they would make Bolivar try and stop Zeke. Then that would open up for the three ball by Hunter and David.

I think CPA is the most wronged in this poll. Harpeth lost to Sycamore and Livingston Academy, but were in those games and could beat either on a given night. Harpeth was never in either CPA game. CPA beat Harpeth at home by 17 with Z dropping in around 36 and got beat at CPA by 40+ with Miller going off for 46. I don't see Sycamore or LA staying with CPA for more than a half. I don't think anyone in 11AA belongs in the top 10. Harpeth beats Creekwood by 10 or more, Sycamore beats Harpeth by around 10 and then loses the very next game to Creekwood by 16. Rather than include Creekwood because of that win over Sycamore, I'd exclude both of them from consideration. 11AA is a little down this year imo. Sycamore and Creekwood play CPA twice and they've got 2 more losses on their record.

Bolivar is much more athletic than LA. They are a 'chunk it and chase it' team and can get alot of points off offensive rebounds. Saw them play Dyer County in a close game. Livingston Academy mostly shoots well. They aren't particularly athletic, but fundamentally sound and good shooters. They remind more of Harpeth when they are hitting on all cylinders or Sycamore than anything else.

I don't know much about how these polls, but I'm sure CPA will be in the top 10 at the end of the year based on on the court play instead of whoever is voting in these things that probably have never seen most of the teams play. CPA's biggest downside is depth. Their starting 5 are solid.