Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

Harpeth can definitely beat them. I was not impressed with them at our game Saturday. If our boys had played their A game and had not had so many silly turnovers the game would have been a challenge for Bolivar. They are not what everybody has been building them up to be.

That's a good point you make. Having said that...I suspect Bolivar didn't play their A game either as I have seen them many times. I think what alot of people forget is that Bolivar starts two sophmores in the backcourt and at time they make mistakes. Bolivar won by 25 according to the local paper. Sounds convincing to me. I will tell you this...I bet the Harpeth coach thinks they are what everybody has been building them up to be because Bolivar beat Harpeth last year in the regionals by 6 poits ( I was there ) while starting two freshman in the backcourt, two sophmore and a Junior in the frontcourt. All these kids also played AAU ball last summer. I still think Harpeth has a chance because they have Larry Bird and the atheletic point guard. I know both these kids also played AAU. I f I were a Harpeth fan I would worry about my point guard ..he had MAJOR trouble against Bolivar's ball pressure last year. I am probably the only person from 12AA that actually picked Harpeth last year....I was wrong then and I could be wrong now. I really see Bolivar winning this game. But hey..any team with Larry Bird has a chance. I mean that (not being sarcastic) Giltner is a very impressive ball player. I love watching that kid play.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have read on here, Bolivar was up 20+ points at the half and sat their starters until about 4:40 left in the game after Bolivar's 3rd string let Waverly cut it to 13. Then, the starters came back in and Bolivar won by 20+. For Harpeth to win, they have to slow the game down. But, Bolivar will press the whole game and try and force them to play uptempo.

Why the attitude. Win and your team dosen't have the issue. It's that simple.

There was no attitude meant. Don't have the issue of what? The topic was playing the game on the same night. Not winning or losing. It wouldn't have mattered if Waverly had won both games. They (parents and fans) still had to drive a 100+ mile trip two nights in a row to the same place. It's something called courtesy.

The only team in this region that has put Bolivar on the road for the sectional the last two years where the two-time state champs In AA and they are gone and we all know who that was, the last 4 AA champs has come out of this region Bolivar and Liberty and with them being in AAA its Bolivar once again but there is nothing wrong with you fans hoping to see B-Town go down wont happen cause their state BOUND

Papa, your memory is very poor. Ricco Ralston was a great player. His attempt to dunk over Odom and Chism was awesome but the dunk was not successful. He was fouled. You make Waverly and yourself look bad with your false information. Maybe you need to watch the tape before you start shooting your mouth off. By the way, how was the popcorn???

Didn't eat or drink anything from the concession stand like a lot of Waverly people who brought their own stuff.

It was Olajuwan. I couldn't remember his name. But I stand corrected he was fouled but he hit the ball off the back of the rim. So it was just the same. The ball bounced almost back to midcourt. I was standing right beside it when it happened. Wannabe (neverbe) coach.

You should of come, oh, but you don't really support Waverly, right? You're too old, so leave everyone alone, if you catch my drift.

From what I have read on here, Bolivar was up 20+ points at the half and sat their starters until about 4:40 left in the game after Bolivar's 3rd string let Waverly cut it to 13. Then, the starters came back in and Bolivar won by 20+. For Harpeth to win, they have to slow the game down. But, Bolivar will press the whole game and try and force them to play uptempo.

You are correct in most cases. It was 2nd and 3rd team mixture that Waverly was going against and in a 6 minute span outscored them by 14.

Bolivar is a really good team, but I think Harpeth can beat them. I really think that Sycamore can. I'm rooting for 11AA and for you guys that know how I posted last year, know that I said that LT would win it all with no problem and they did. So I'm not just picking 11AA. I really think these teams can beat Bolivar.

Actually Harpeth is in really good place because from what chit chat I heard after the game, they are already looking to Sycamore. How bout it Indians, can you be a spoiler??????

Harpeth can play with Bolivar if they are on. They didn't play particularly well against McNairy Central. They have had some guys out with various illnesses. That might play into it as well. I'll say this, Harpeth has prepared themselves for the region tournament during the regular season by playing in the Lexington tournament, the Williamson County invitational and going up against AAA teams like Dickson and strong AA teams like CPA. They don't typically pad their W/L record with patsies in non district games. I don't look for them to try to run with Bolivar and if they can force them into a half court game and can handle Bolivar's press, then anything can happen.

I don't think Harpeth is looking ahead to anyone and Sycamore will have their hands full with Creekwood on a neutral court.

Didn't eat or drink anything from the concession stand like a lot of Waverly people who brought their own stuff.

It was Olajuwan. I couldn't remember his name. But I stand corrected he was fouled but he hit the ball off the back of the rim. So it was just the same. The ball bounced almost back to midcourt. I was standing right beside it when it happened. Wannabe (neverbe) coach.

You should of come, oh, but you don't really support Waverly, right? You're too old, so leave everyone alone, if you catch my drift.

I saw someone shoot the ball from the other end of the floor down 3 one time to tie the game. It hit the top of the backboard and bounced clear into the stands. So it was just the same. The refs said it should have gone in so they called it good and the team one in overtime. I also saw a kid almost jump and touch the backboard and I thought I was watching Lebron James dunk over Shaq. I mean, it was just the same. And I think it is hilarious that you think you know who I am. Once again, you are misinformed and we will wait for you to shoot your mouth off again.

You are correct in most cases. It was 2nd and 3rd team mixture that Waverly was going against and in a 6 minute span outscored them by 14.

Bolivar is a really good team, but I think Harpeth can beat them. I really think that Sycamore can. I'm rooting for 11AA and for you guys that know how I posted last year, know that I said that LT would win it all with no problem and they did. So I'm not just picking 11AA. I really think these teams can beat Bolivar.

Actually Harpeth is in really good place because from what chit chat I heard after the game, they are already looking to Sycamore. How bout it Indians, can you be a spoiler??????

hmmmm....picking LT last year...that was an easy pick. As for Harpeth looking past Bolivar. I don't thinks so.That would be a big mistake. I don't beleive that for a minute.

Yea, Waverly looked real impressive against Bolivar??™s freshman. I??™ve been following Bolivar for several years now and I know the players pretty good. For the life of me I don??™t remember any 2nd team players being on the floor during that run you are bragging about?? In fact I remember that most, if not all, of the players being freshman. And Bolivar only returned 2 starters to counter the run. And yes, every team remaining is capable of beating any of the other teams remaining. I'm not much of a betting man, but I'd be willing to bet that Harpeth is not looking past Bolivar just yet.

Papatiger have you been sipping grandma??™s apple cider again? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> By the way, I saw several Waverly fans enjoying their popcorn and coke Saturday. Hmmm, Papatiger is not loosing his influence is he?