Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

Where was CPA last year? Dyer Co. has been here before and CPA has not. Having been here before looms big in my opinion. Dyer Co. knows what it takes to get it done, and they will get it done. "GO BIG ORANGE"

Do your research. CPA has been there before, just Single A. They are bigger and better and fully prepared to get it done. Believe me! GO LIONS!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure DC knows how to get it done since they have lost in the 1st round and then twice in the semis.

I have'nt seen CPA play but after talking to some coaches they are good. How good well everyone will see Wed. CPA is coached by Drew Maddox fromer Vanderbilt guard they run some college type offenses that take alot of smarts to run, saying that CPA need to get some credit.

Now I have seen DC play and they are athletic very aware of the floor and have the ability to put points on the board. I like there chances this year (better than last year) With these seniors DC has some good experience and ability.

Who ever wins this game and comes out without injury could win the whole thing.

Not sure DC knows how to get it done since they have lost in the 1st round and then twice in the semis.

I have'nt seen CPA play but after talking to some coaches they are good. How good well everyone will see Wed. CPA is coached by Drew Maddox fromer Vanderbilt guard they run some college type offenses that take alot of smarts to run, saying that CPA need to get some credit.

Now I have seen DC play and they are athletic very aware of the floor and have the ability to put points on the board. I like there chances this year (better than last year) With these seniors DC has some good experience and ability.

Who ever wins this game and comes out without injury could win the whole thing.

I'd be willing to bet McCord knows all about their offensive strategy...he is one heck of a coach. Said before DC is insanely conditioned.....this will be a factor. Dc has faced big players before, fast teams before...they are not easily intimidated. From what I have read and heard about CPA..they are an excellent team...I don't think anyone on this board has discredited them. This will be one of the best games in the tournament.

Do your research. CPA has been there before, just Single A. They are bigger and better and fully prepared to get it done. Believe me! GO LIONS!

Yea they were in the state tournament......5 years ago. No one on that team is still around. The seniors on this team went to sectionals their freshmen year, but haven't been past regionals the previous two. Teams like Dyer Co and Mitchell played in the semi finals and finals last year and I think the Mitchell players have won two silver balls the past two years. Thats what they meant by more experience.

Certainly not disputing .............. just asking ................ how many years ago was it that CPA was there ? OOOPS ........... too slow with my question ! Just got it answered by "lovethegame" ! Having been there vs having been there with a returning team could be a decided difference ! After all it's the "Big Stage" ! JMHO !

It's good to see two teams and sets of fans that have the level of respect for each other the way DC and CPA do. It makes for a good environment and atmosphere for the game. Quite honestly the mutual respect that is exhibted keeps people from looking like total idiots. This matchup is what high school sports are all about.

Hey 73 call me tonight and let me know if your coming I think I still have room if you can make it.

It's good to see two teams and sets of fans that have the level of respect for each other the way DC and CPA do. It makes for a good environment and atmosphere for the game. Quite honestly the mutual respect that is exhibted keeps people from looking like total idiots. This matchup is what high school sports are all about.

Hey 73 call me tonight and let me know if your coming I think I still have room if you can make it.

May not know until tomorrow, but if I can just get out of this "Siberia Like Buckeye State" & back in the "Great State of Tennessee"........................ I don't care if I have to sleep in a dumpster ! I'll holla though !

From your "screen name" I admire your loyalty to Middle Tennessee Teams (as we are faithful to our West Tennessee Teams as well) ! However the LARGEST word you used in your post is the always larger than life two letter word "IF" ......... they can break the press. I have read that CPA has a very good "Big Man", that being said, Booker T had DC outsized in the paint with excellent guard s as well. I have posted on here countless times in both football & basketball that I DO NOT make predictions. This is not out of fear but the fact that I am VERY supersticious. Nail biter .................. MAYBE ! But the DC press hasn't been a "party" for any opponent this season. The "Big Man" (all due respect seriously) is going to face fearless athleticism in the paint. If he puts the ball on the floor ....... quickness can offset size. I look for this to be a very good game to watch, but DC has faced size in the paint before. "Fast & Furious" YOU BET ! "Fast & Fearless" ........well you can take that to the bank ! RESPECT ALL & FEAR NONE ! Should be a GREAT game !

The best game i've watched from the stands all year long was when DC faced off against White Co. in the championship game of the christmas tourney held here. DC is loaded with talented athletes and it was a treat to watch this team on the floor. However White Co. is very similiar to CPA although i'm not sure they are as good as CPA is. Thats purely speculation on my part but WC did give DC their only loss of the year so this will be a great game. The AA tourney is loaded this year with 8 great teams from across the state, and no clear favorite. Going 34-1 in West Tn tells me all i need to know even if i hadnt seen DC play. As T.O. would say "getcha popcorn ready" cause this one should be worth the price of admission all by itself! I know i will be watching this game with a coke and a popcorn in my hand!! Good luck to both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />