Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were two things Drew Maddux and CPA were mad about tonight:

1. The clockeeper put 7.0 seconds back up on the clock when it should of been 5 or 4.5 seconds, not 7.

2. Rex Pierce's game winning three caused them to believe his foot was on the line, I couldn't see it from where I was sitting, but it was a close call.

Drew Maddux then stormed the court after the game was over and it was all that one big cop could do to hold him back from the referees. Then CPA fans started throwing things out on the floor. I was rooting for Dyer County, but I believe if it would of went to overtime, CPA would of won because CJ Crittendon fouled out and Justin Blake was in foul trouble too. Hunter Miller came out scared to death imo because he had 6 turnovers in the first half, then he finally settled down and had 15 points. Z Mason played a great game and had 28 points, but CPA should have been feeding him the ball the whole time and he should of been posting up the whole time instead of standing at the elbow half of the game. I'm glad Dyer County won. CJ Crittendon played an outstanding game on both ends of the floor and finished with 16. Jeremy Kemble played great and had 20 points, Dejaun Taylor had 12 points and Justin Blake had 10 points for Dyer County. Dyer County plays at 2:00 tomorrow against Knowxville-Fulton, who beat Livingston Academy tonight 92-55. Should be a great game tomorrow at the Murphy Center. Good luck DC!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually three things. The clock operator did not start the clock after the 2 free throws by Anderson with 15 seconds to go. They clearly took at least 10 seconds off the clock in real time but only used 1 on the clock.

If we all were mature we wouldn't be on here arguing, how about you grow up and learn to accept Dyer County won. Even if 73 is the year he graduated, i believe he is telling the truth and facts. DC 22 fouls to cpa"s 9, thats a statement that the refs helped yal all night. i dont waana hear your crying about it. you cry about the clock thats immature to, if you cant accept that all things in life aint fair then you need to start realizing. save the drama for your momma

'73 AIN't the year I graduated, BUT It was the year we won a "GOLD BALL" in football & yes I played QB ! ! I've been lurkin around here for a little while & I know how this thing works. In NO post have I belittled CPA's BASKETBALL TEAM or COACH ! Hats off to them on a GREAT EFFORT ! Blame it on Yankee ???? Just the facts ........... ! 22 fouls vs 9 is simply a statistic just like points........rebounds ........ assists, etc. Thanks for havin my back "Griz" ! AND THE REST ...............AS THEY SAY IS H I S T O R Y !

Observations from an outsider:

Speed: Incredible speed displayed by DC throughout the game. Often times two men guarding/trapping one guy, then quickly recovering to give help on their own man. (half court especially, but also in their full court zone)

Composure: After trailing by many, CPA held themselves together and made a game out of a sinking ship. I had concern that they might have a small bench, and their starting players may struggle to handle such an aggressive style of play offered by their opponents.

Full Court Trap: Suggestion: (4th Quarter Observation) #24 (good player that he is) should probably react more to players in the full court press. Often he allowed a good trap on the inbounds to be broken when he failed to make an attempt to intercept certain passes late in the game.

Fouls: Hard to believe that the slashing style of DC did not draw more fouls. In addition to this, a shot blocker tends to draw at least one foul through the course of the evening (only one was called, and it was on a missed FT)

Clock: I was watching the clock as the shot was made prior to the last time out. Go figure that I noticed a different scenario on the clock than many others that have posted. The 3 point shot was made with just under 7 seconds (6.9). Time out called immediately. Clock stops at 4.6 and then continues to the 3.9. Maybe 7 seconds was not an exact, but neither was putting 4.6. Do they put time back on the clock if the continuation doesn't occur? Maybe. Many of us have seen a little placed at some time during our observations.

Coach Maddux: Good utilization of substitution throughout the game, especially late when it allowed his team to get back on defense after shooting FT's. However, I thoroughly enjoyed watching his tirade across the floor chasing the officials. I wonder what consequence he will suffer because of this.

Might have to tape the championship games this weekend just so I can hear how he reacts to DC possibly being in the game.

You know that part at the end of the championship games where they show highlight films of the week. Well wouldn't the part where he is chasing the officials off the floor make for some good footage.

Just an observation /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Airball, you very good detailed and correct information from what i was reading. glad to know someone knows the clock situation because cpa fans on here sure don't. they act like the whole game was based on the last seven seconds, but the refs were horrible calling on their traveling and even justin blake wasn't on, but besides the point thans for yyour post /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hate that you missed the ending.

Any coach that is a real coach will fight for his team when he knew they were wronged. The ref closest to the last shot held up 2 fingers for a two and the one furthest away held up his arms for a three. They gave the three and the refs left the court. All he was wanting was an explanation of how one calls it a two and the other a three, not to mention the time clock travesty that was never explained as well.

from the Tennessean:

Pierce??™s feet might have been inside the 3-point line when he released the shot from the left wing, but that was just the last of three decisions to go against the No. 6-ranked Lions in the final minute.

???That??™s unbelievable, boys,??? Maddux said upon entering the post-game press conference. ???That??™s the way life goes. It??™s a tough thing to lose at the buzzer, and you have to learn to deal with it.???

CPA junior Zaccheus Mason, a Mr. Basketball finalist, led all scorers with 28 points after being shut out in the first quarter. Jeremy Kimble had 20 to pace four Choctaws in double figures.

Moments before Pierce??™s heroics, Dyer County was aided by the clock starting several seconds late while getting into its offense. David Anderson??™s free throws made the CPA lead 68-64 with 15.4 seconds left, but only 1.7 seconds had ticked off when officials noticed the issue on the other end of the court. No additional time was taken off.

The margin was cut to 68-67 on C.J. Crittendon??™s 3-pointer with 4.6 seconds, prompting Dyer County to call timeout. The clock then moved to 3.9 seconds. The officials huddled and put the clock back to 7.0.

???I felt like we had a lot more time now and could get a shot off,??? said Dyer County senior and Mr. Basketball finalist Justin Blake, who had 10 points.

???I got no explanation,??? Maddux said. ???I was asking for an explanation and didn??™t get one. I know it??™s human error and that??™s the way it goes.???

weh, weh, weh!!!!!!!!!!!! IF, if, if, ...........Let's look at the whole picture. The whole foul issue was not even something that you could dispute. IT was in favor of CPA. It was not even close. THe number of walks that CPA committed, that were never called, was your second chance. Your talk about the clock starting late........... THe clock does not start until the ball is TOUCHED in bounds. THe 7 seconds put on the clock that should have been 5, well personally I think that if you had that many things going for you then you should not even complain. DC did a great job of keeping their composure and got the job done!! See ya Friday!!

Airball, you very good detailed and correct information from what i was reading. glad to know someone knows the clock situation because cpa fans on here sure don't. they act like the whole game was based on the last seven seconds, but the refs were horrible calling on their traveling and even justin blake wasn't on, but besides the point thans for yyour post /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I guess you think Jeff Lockridge from the Tennessean is biased too.

'73 AIN't the year I graduated, BUT It was the year we won a "GOLD BALL" in football & yes I played QB ! ! I've been lurkin around here for a little while & I know how this thing works. In NO post have I belittled CPA's BASKETBALL TEAM or COACH ! Hats off to them on a GREAT EFFORT ! Blame it on Yankee ???? Just the facts ........... ! 22 fouls vs 9 is simply a statistic just like points........rebounds ........ assists, etc. Thanks for havin my back "Griz" ! AND THE REST ...............AS THEY SAY IS H I S T O R Y !

Your welcome. I know who you are, but wouldn't post your name on public. Yes we did have a "GOLD BALL" winning team that year, and we have another one this year in basketball. So all the people hating on DC can keep hating. Its just making us famous. But hats off to cpa, they put a challenge on dc, just like btw, but you cant give up on a team called "fast and the furious".

Observations from an outsider:

Speed: Incredible speed displayed by DC throughout the game. Often times two men guarding/trapping one guy, then quickly recovering to give help on their own man. (half court especially, but also in their full court zone)

Composure: After trailing by many, CPA held themselves together and made a game out of a sinking ship. I had concern that they might have a small bench, and their starting players may struggle to handle such an aggressive style of play offered by their opponents.

Full Court Trap: Suggestion: (4th Quarter Observation) #24 (good player that he is) should probably react more to players in the full court press. Often he allowed a good trap on the inbounds to be broken when he failed to make an attempt to intercept certain passes late in the game.

Fouls: Hard to believe that the slashing style of DC did not draw more fouls. In addition to this, a shot blocker tends to draw at least one foul through the course of the evening (only one was called, and it was on a missed FT)

Clock: I was watching the clock as the shot was made prior to the last time out. Go figure that I noticed a different scenario on the clock than many others that have posted. The 3 point shot was made with just under 7 seconds (6.9). Time out called immediately. Clock stops at 4.6 and then continues to the 3.9. Maybe 7 seconds was not an exact, but neither was putting 4.6. Do they put time back on the clock if the continuation doesn't occur? Maybe. Many of us have seen a little placed at some time during our observations.

Coach Maddux: Good utilization of substitution throughout the game, especially late when it allowed his team to get back on defense after shooting FT's. However, I thoroughly enjoyed watching his tirade across the floor chasing the officials. I wonder what consequence he will suffer because of this.

Might have to tape the championship games this weekend just so I can hear how he reacts to DC possibly being in the game.

You know that part at the end of the championship games where they show highlight films of the week. Well wouldn't the part where he is chasing the officials off the floor make for some good footage.

Just an observation /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Jeff Lockeridge from the Tennessean had a different take (unbiased?):

Moments before Pierce??™s heroics, Dyer County was aided by the clock starting several seconds late while getting into its offense. David Anderson??™s free throws made the CPA lead 68-64 with 15.4 seconds left, but only 1.7 seconds had ticked off when officials noticed the issue on the other end of the court. No additional time was taken off.

The margin was cut to 68-67 on C.J. Crittendon??™s 3-pointer with 4.6 seconds, prompting Dyer County to call timeout. The clock then moved to 3.9 seconds. The officials huddled and put the clock back to 7.0.