Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airball, you very good detailed and correct information from what i was reading. glad to know someone knows the clock situation because cpa fans on here sure don't. they act like the whole game was based on the last seven seconds, but the refs were horrible calling on their traveling and even justin blake wasn't on, but besides the point thans for yyour post /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good point on the traveling. And, when did palming become legal? And, the absolute worse call in the entire history of mankind was when Miller turns around, gives his shoulder to a DC guy, and the DC guy gets call for traveling. But, the scorekeeper and the refs should be fired for their management of the clock and the last shot.

The reason there was a foul discrepency was because DC was fouling more. It comes with playing the aggressive defense they play. The refs could have called even more on DC for several cheap shots. #20 for DC was throwing cheap shots all night and should have fouled out a lot earlier than he did.

Your welcome. I know who you are, but wouldn't post your name on public. Yes we did have a "GOLD BALL" winning team that year, and we have another one this year in basketball. So all the people hating on DC can keep hating. Its just making us famous. But hats off to cpa, they put a challenge on dc, just like btw, but you cant give up on a team called "fast and the furious".

They are FEARLESS AS WELL ! Been QUITE a year in the "CHOCTAW NATION" ! .......... AND STILL ROLLIN" in the STATE TOURNEY ................... baseball's HAPPENIN' AGAIN ! Life IS GOOD !

Heck, if i was the cpa coach, i would have ran out to the ref and kicked his butt But that jsut shows how classy Maddux is to not do that. Everyone knows that the reffing was absoutly atrocious and disgusting,

The officaiating was in your favor. If I remember correctly CPA did not have a foul called on them in third quarter. In fact if they would have fouled instead of letting him get off a 3 point shot that would have been there 7th and would have been a one in one. While CPA was in the double bonus. CPA called all the calls in fact one time I read Maddux's lips and he said to the ref "Don't you know who I am, I am Drew Maddux you can't call that against me and my team." After that the refs swallowd their whistle. Z Mason is great offensive player, if he would have played any defense CPA would have won.

The reason there was a foul discrepency was because DC was fouling more. It comes with playing the aggressive defense they play. The refs could have called even more on DC for several cheap shots. #20 for DC was throwing cheap shots all night and should have fouled out a lot earlier than he did.

Explain to me what a "cheap shot" is?

The officaiating was in your favor. If I remember correctly CPA did not have a foul called on them in third quarter. In fact if they would have fouled instead of letting him get off a 3 point shot that would have been there 7th and would have been a one in one. While CPA was in the double bonus. CPA called all the calls in fact one time I read Maddux's lips and he said to the ref "Don't you know who I am, I am Drew Maddux you can't call that against me and my team." After that the refs swallowd their whistle. Z Mason is great offensive player, if he would have played any defense CPA would have won.

What a laughable post. No defense? How about 6 blocked shots. Z dominated on defense and dominated on the boards.

Jeff Lockeridge from the Tennessean had a different take (unbiased?):

Moments before Pierce??™s heroics, Dyer County was aided by the clock starting several seconds late while getting into its offense. David Anderson??™s free throws made the CPA lead 68-64 with 15.4 seconds left, but only 1.7 seconds had ticked off when officials noticed the issue on the other end of the court. No additional time was taken off.

The margin was cut to 68-67 on C.J. Crittendon??™s 3-pointer with 4.6 seconds, prompting Dyer County to call timeout. The clock then moved to 3.9 seconds. The officials huddled and put the clock back to 7.0.

It appears that the two paragraphs are referring to two separate clock issues. Though I did not mention the time prior to the first of the 3 pointers, I did make notation to the second paragraphs clock concern. As stated previously, I added a dimension that few others have posted about, the time the the 3 pointer was made 6.9 seconds, thus leaving us with the 7 seconds placed on the clock. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

in fact one time I read Maddux's lips and he said to the ref "Don't you know who I am, I am Drew Maddux you can't call that against me and my team." After that the refs swallowd their whistle.

When you make a statement like that you lose all credibility that anything you have to say has any merit to it at all. I have seen some ridiculous statements on Coach T but that would get my all time "STUPID COMMENT" award.

in fact one time I read Maddux's lips and he said to the ref "Don't you know who I am, I am Drew Maddux you can't call that against me and my team." After that the refs swallowd their whistle.

WOW!! HOW STUPID ARE YOU?!?!? Im sureee he said that. Knowing Drew personally, there is no way he would ever even think about saying those words. this is just ridiculous.

What a laughable post. No defense? How about 6 blocked shots. Z dominated on defense and dominated on the boards.

Okay, if your super hero "Z" is so good, why do we have a W under or column and still in the state tournament and yal have a L and going back to cry some more? Welcome to WEST TENNESSEE basketball