6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heckman was outstanding as usual. Williams and Norman (transfer from Ravenwood) made several good catches. Bailey was the RB and had some good runs.

Yes Heckman showed us his running ability on several occasions, as well as his touch on the long passes (60-70 yard touchdown to cameron williams). Norman made some good catches under pressure and the defense made some great plays but still needs work. Reid made a spectacular pick. On the jv side Nick Smith was okay considering he was working with some of the first year recievers, I would like to see what he can do with the varsity team. There were some problems with timing plays that might not have occured if he was working with varsity. But all and all a good scrimmage for Indy, and i believe they have another one on thursday against Laverne?

The only things that worried me that I noticed in the scrimmage were some falters by the o-line which was expected by many (a first year unit together, will get better with time) and a lack of consistency wrapping up tackles. Overall I was very pleased their performence against a good Wilson Central team. I'll be interested to see how the perform against LaVergne on Thursday.

What in particular made their offense look so sharp? Was it the running game or the passing game, or a combination of both. Did anyone stand out to you? Was it Smith or Heckman at QB or both?

Come on sleeper, you aren't still holding to the notion of Smith being the starting QB are you?

Yes, I am. Smith should be the starter. We will see.

YES THIS BOARD IS FOR OPINIONS and i respect that but cmon SMITH a starter (what in the world do you have to base this on ) look i am sure he is a great kid and all but last year he had his chance he did practice with the starters and did start some games --- as i said before look at the Memphis East game ( i still have it on DVD- if you want to borrow it ) you will see a QB that does not look off his recievers and panics when he is rushed - in addition he always throws to his primary reciever-

The only things that worried me that I noticed in the scrimmage were some falters by the o-line which was expected by many (a first year unit together, will get better with time) and a lack of consistency wrapping up tackles. Overall I was very pleased their performence against a good Wilson Central team. I'll be interested to see how the perform against LaVergne on Thursday.

I was impressed with IHS's performance overall. WC came out intimidating. After the break I noticed WC was sucking wind. IHS was definitely in better shape and that will mean a lot during the season, especially early in the heat. The OLine did a decent job for only having 1 returning starter. They still have a ways to go, but they will get better. Heckman did a very good job reading the veer and his passes were on target. Williams and Norman have speed and caught some nice balls. They need others (Shepherd and Stannard) to provide them with more options so the defense can't lock down on 1 primary receiver.

Defensively I liked the way they get to the ball, but they didn't tackle as good as I thought they should. If you remember last year's team, they did the same early on, but got a lot better as the season progressed. Bobby C will get them tackling better. Not sure about TK as a standup LB. I think he needs to be at Nose, but that is not my call. I was impressed with Meeker. He was flying around and hitting well.

I see the biggest concern is in the kicking game. Veres will be missed a lot here. They might need the Soph. Leake to step in. Has a good leg, needs to be more consistent. Wish I could see the scrimmage Thursday, but am taking son to Campbellsville to begin football practice. Good luck to the Eagles this season.

where is the game thursday IHS or Lavergne?

They're playing at IHS.

Saw a lot of promise on Friday. I don't see Indy dominating the region and winning it, Brentwood is too good. I can see a 2nd or 3rd place finish though and a nice run in the playoffs. The new recievers have stepped it up, and if the o-line can follow suit, Indy will be extremely competitive.

1. BWood

2. Indy

3. Franklin

4. Ravenwood

5. Centennial

6. Dickson Co.

7. Columbia

8. Clarksville NE

That's how I see it panning out.

YES THIS BOARD IS FOR OPINIONS and i respect that but cmon SMITH a starter (what in the world do you have to base this on ) look i am sure he is a great kid and all but last year he had his chance he did practice with the starters and did start some games --- as i said before look at the Memphis East game ( i still have it on DVD- if you want to borrow it ) you will see a QB that does not look off his recievers and panics when he is rushed - in addition he always throws to his primary reciever-

What would I base it on? I would base it on...

better throwing mechanicsthe Dickson County game two years ago when him and Emory Martin played QBthe fact that he was playing against better competition (with the exception of week 15) last seasonhe played QB last season when Pettigrew was not 100% healthy, which when Pettigrew was healthy it took a lot of pressure off of the QBthe passing game opens up a lot more when he is at QB (yes I know the running game goes in the other direction but I believe their strength to be more in the receivers this year as opposed to the running back)

What would I base it on? I would base it on...

better throwing mechanicsthe Dickson County game two years ago when him and Emory Martin played QBthe fact that he was playing against better competition (with the exception of week 15) last seasonhe played QB last season when Pettigrew was not 100% healthy, which when Pettigrew was healthy it took a lot of pressure off of the QBthe passing game opens up a lot more when he is at QB (yes I know the running game goes in the other direction but I believe their strength to be more in the receivers this year as opposed to the running back)

Gotta watch those 'opinions' on these sites sleeper. But, then again, it's a great way to solicit and collect dvds from the bandwagoners, I suppose.

Gotta watch those 'opinions' on these sites sleeper. But, then again, it's a great way to solicit and collect dvds from the bandwagoners, I suppose.

hthat is right i am a bandwagon boy but with over 15 years of head coach/assit coach at a'riverdale type'high school in northern illinois in addtion to 3 years head coach of Great Britan Lions (UK) im am the new bandwagon boy for INDY...So before you go shooting off the mouth whom is the guy that always wanted to be a coach but thinks he is one,when more then likely just coached pee wee football