Clay County Basketball

CCHS

I appreciate your best wishes. Things are going ok. I hope to be home by ball season. Until then I will be around on the boards. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> . Freddie Lynn (that still cracks me up to this day) he is a famous baseball player!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

good to see you posting big daddy glad I got to talk to you other day hang in there and get back up here say hi to the misses

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to see you posting big daddy glad I got to talk to you other day hang in there and get back up here say hi to the misses

Yeah, I am kinda up and at'em. It was really good to talk to you too. We are doing ok and hanging in there. Wife says hi. Really hoping to be home by ball season. Keep in touch! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CLay is definately a top contender this year. Four returning senior starters and Garrett who is most likely to be District MVP. A 6 '3 senior trnsfer from Florida who seems to be fiting into the roation nicely, I had a chance to see them play at TTU their fast break game is excellant. With Garrett and the new kid running the court almost every play. Dale and Edwards are definately improved. Plus a great shooter wo didnt get a chance to play last year. They are definately district champs and well see from there. Good things to come!

First of all Clay is terrible! Edwards i just a slow chunky kid who shoots way too much it'd be different if he hit em but he dont. Garrett is just fast if you can stick your fastest player on him even if he cant play D Garrett is done. If Edwards gets hurt Garrettis done PERIOD. That new transfer is sorry too. He can dunk... and? thats it hes a twig, weakest player in the district. Garrett is the worst basketball player i've everhadthe chance to watch. i went to the TTU camp and watched them play 3 times, they didnt impress me at ALL. Pickett is picked to be the worst team in their district and they will probaly beat Clay. Don't buy into the transfer hype hes terrible. Eventhe waterboy is terrible I watched him trip over his own feet running from Coach E. They are not a contender

Looks like you two joined at the same time! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Clay Co. is the favorite to win 7A this year and Shawn Garrett is a very good player and a fine young man so lets quit downing these individual players ok? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Although I haven't seen these kids I will go along with 7AFANATICS5432 because devilfanatic has a strong tendency to overrate players from his region and underrate players from other regions. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But seriously, I would want to see for myself before I took devifantics word on any player evaluation. I guess there is a slim chance he could be right./thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have chosen to edit my prior post and just say that I am not sure how Clay Co. will do this year, but i will consult my sources over there (Bobby W.) and i'm sure he will tell me how bad its going to be for us when we come to Celina this year! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i think they will be solid

you are correct they are a solid favorite especially early on in 7a the garrett kid is the real deal he's been young in the past but you can see the talent and he will mature and make you doubters believers WATCH out for the bulldogs especially is this district

• 4 weeks later...

Clay should be the best team in 7a, they are the oldest team in 7a. Garrett is one of the best players in 7a, no doubt, he is really good. But Upchurch should win district MVP, but he probably won't because some out there in 7a, think that district MVP should go to the best player on the best team. And we all saw that it was crazy two years ago for Cassetty to beat out Jacob Wright. Sure Jackson Co. had the best regular season, and they were rewarded by being the Tri-Lakes Conference Champions. Just because your the best team should have nothing to do with individual awards. I think it should in the 1st team all district, 2nd team all district and so forth, but not MVP. If your the best player in 7a, and you have the best numbers, then you should win MVP. Because you can be the greatest player in the state, and if you have no help then there is no way you can win district. Listen, most of the time the coaches get it right (other than two years ago) and if Garrett has better numbers than Upchurch, then he deserves the MVP, but if he doesn't, then no matter what Upchurch's team does, he should win MVP. Good luck to both.