• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Paul Newman said in COOL HAND LUKE,

"Where are you now?"

The lawsuit is over. Will the TSSAA file to recover

their legal fees?

Now what?

The lawsuit has costed each member of the tssaa a lot of money with very little accomplished. Time to move on.

Most all of the people that had anything to do with this from Brentwood Academy are no longer at the school. With that said it is probably time for a change at the TSSAA offices and the Board of Control so that the healing process is able to take place and the organization can decide which road they wish to travel in the future. All successful businesses have a 5 and 10 year plan and I would like to know what the 5 and 10 year plan for the TSSAA is and where to find it.

Why don't you contact Ronnie Carter?

Telephone (615) 889-6740; Fax (615) 889-0544; E-Mail: tssaa@tssaa.org

Most all of the people that had anything to do with this from Brentwood Academy are no longer at the school. With that said it is probably time for a change at the TSSAA offices and the Board of Control so that the healing process is able to take place and the organization can decide which road they wish to travel in the future. All successful businesses have a 5 and 10 year plan and I would like to know what the 5 and 10 year plan for the TSSAA is and where to find it.

It is time to move on...and the best way to start would be for Ronnie Carter, who began this whole mess by charging BA with exerting "undue influence" in inviting kids to spring practice (a practice which he admitted during the trial was within the TSSAA's rules), to step down. I won't hold my breath.

You give Ronnie Carter way too much credit/blame in this. My impression is that he was by no means the driving force behind the initial issue. He probably could not have kept his job had he not done the bidding of the BOC members who wanted to "punish" Carlton Flatt. RC does not have evil intent...he's simply a bureaucrat.

Does anyone have the faintest clue as to what the legal tab for BA is up to this point?

Where does the money come for paying this? The parents? Current boosters? Concessions?

Based on nothing but my personal opinion, with no facts whatsoever to back it up, I doubt if there are any. At least some of the lawyers on the case are BA grads and I have assumed that this is pro bono for them. Makes sense when you think about how long this has lasted. If this is correct then only the TSSAA and their member schools, which of course includes BA, will have to pay for this.