10. West

11. Karns

12. Grace Christian

13. CAK

14. South-Doyle

15. Carter

16. Gibbs

17. Hardin Valley

This is my first draft of this. I'll write up another to put on my blog in a week or two.

Well ... you're from Knoxville and you must have some pretty good info Nick, but it would be hard for me to put Halls at #1 over teams like Fulton, Catholic, Bearden, & Farragut. Halls will have a real good opportunity to "earn" your ranking in week 1, I suppose.

Word is, AE has the potential to be real good I hear. What do you think about the Roadrunners?

I see you have your Cherokees in there at 14 ... think they're gonna start heading in the right direction? What's this year's team looking like to you? They were at WB for a 7 on 7, but those things don't show very much. Looked like there were some athletes out there. One "big" kid who looked like a DE or something maybe??? Wearing a 90 something # I think.

Well ... you're from Knoxville and you must have some pretty good info Nick, but it would be hard for me to put Halls at #1 over teams like Fulton, Catholic, Bearden, & Farragut. Halls will have a real good opportunity to "earn" your ranking in week 1, I suppose.

Word is, AE has the potential to be real good I hear. What do you think about the Roadrunners?

I see you have your Cherokees in there at 14 ... think they're gonna start heading in the right direction? What's this year's team looking like to you? They were at WB for a 7 on 7, but those things don't show very much. Looked like there were some athletes out there. One "big" kid who looked like a DE or something maybe??? Wearing a 90 something # I think.

Well, Halls just looks better than any other team in the County this year. I agree with you on the fact that it was hard for me to put Halls above teams with a proven track record, but Halls looks like a really good team this year.

I actually looked at the Top 1000 teams nationally on unapproved website, and A-E was around the 500-600 mark, so I do think they're looking good, and would put them top 7 in my next poll in about a week.

Ahh, now about my Cherokees at 14. I've actually went through conditioning, spring practice, and one, count em one shorts practice with them, and hope to play with the Kees this year. But as an objectionable fan, I think they aren't looking as good as I would like to see. Our line looks pretty good, but with only 30-40 players at a 4A school, depth could be an issue for us, especially at the skill positions.

And #90 is Hakeem Worthen, our big d-lineman. He's a quality player, and a lurker on these message boards, meaning he'll prolly read this, and then rib me for it later on.

Well, like I said, this is only a 1st draft of it, and later versions will contain revisions. Somone told me the Hardin Valley was fielding a varsity team this year, any truth to this?

I did not see the DB scrimmage, but after reading comments on this thread, from all of the geniuses here, I have some concerns about the Red Devils. The good thing is we still have a couple of weeks to get the situation corrected before the Rebels roll into the Crossroads.

I do think that Halls will be good...I dont think they will be as good as Bearden, Farragut, AE, Catholic, or Fulton..I predict them to finish 2nd in there region, but powell might be able to beat them..

I agree, I think Halls has a lot of experience and returns a lot of talent, but I don't think I would rank them ahead of Fulton, Catholic, Bearden, or Farragut. A lot of people are saying they have a shot to beat Maryville this year, but like I've told a lot of people already, don't put the cart before the horse. It's been quite a few years (probably 11 or 12) since Halls has been tops in the county, so until I see it actually happen, I'd like to think that they're somewhere in the top 5 this year.

I would doubt that Hardin Valley would be varsity this season. This is the second year of the two-year contracts and most schools don't have an available game to fit them in.

You are correct. Hardin Valley is going to play JV and freshmen schedules only this season in football and then go varsity level next year when reclassification and re-districting/re-regioning goes in to effect, from what has been reported locally.

I believe they will play a varsity schedule in the other sports, however.

I did not see the DB scrimmage, but after reading comments on this thread, from all of the geniuses here, I have some concerns about the Red Devils. The good thing is we still have a couple of weeks to get the situation corrected before the Rebels roll into the Crossroads.

Me to. I don't see any playmakers rising to the top just yet. Defense seems to be better but the offense has been a dissappointment so far. I know everyone is working hard and in years past scrimmages haven't shown the real abilities of the team. Injuries are causing some problems to.

Having Central, Webb, Bearden, and Powell ahead of West or AE is a joke. I'd at least have West and AE at 5 or 6 with the other teams pulling up the bottom four.

Webb beat Bearden the last 4 times they played, Bearden would not play them anymore.... Webb beat Powell the last 4 times they played, Powell would not play them anymore... Webb beat West the last 2 times the played, West would not play them anymore.... Webb beat A.E. the last 2 times they played. At least A.E. is willing to still play! Webb should not be ahead of Catholic as they lost to them the last number of years, but Webb has proven that they are capable of playing with any Knoxville school and would love to have ANY Knoxville school on their schedule!!!!