Oak Ridge vs Alcoa Scrimmage

Ole Dad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck happened? Didn't Oak Ridge just thump Maryville a week ago? I haven't seen them in the preseason, but I thought OR was loaded?

Ole Dad

1st team Alcoa 28, OR 0 (Full game format)

2nd team Alcoa 4 scores, OR 0 scores (no extra points where attempted)

freshman team Alcoa 3 scores, OR 0 scores (no extra points where attempted)

Maryville's not showing Hall's all their cards /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> GQ's a genius........... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

Where's Farragut, Fulton, William Blount, Kingsport, McMinn County....oh yeah and that bunch from down near Chattanooga..the Owls or something like that! HA HA

Boy are we ready for you all!!!!

You beat O.R. congratulations, but don't get the big head bro. Maryville saw exactly what it's gonna be like when they start playing 5A teams last week when they played farragut. That was farraguts first scrimmage and maryvilles 2nd. Alcoa is an outstanding program who can play with anybody in any region, but the truth comes out in weeks 5-10 when you've been banging against bigger bodies as opposed to 2A opponents. Then are you ready to play some of those same teams you beat in the playoffs?

I think A-Town has answered your question for the last four years. For the record, Maryville has destroyed OR, DB, and Farragut during scrimmages over the past 5 or 6 years. They will dominate 5A just as they have 4A. Never ever sell GQ short.

AHS and MHS have a great shot at five gold balls in a row. Farragut has a chance to make it. OR and DB will be buying tickets if they go.

Are you saying that based on what you saw at the scrimmage that Alcoa is 50 points better than Oak Ridge? If that's true it will be a long season.......of 10 games. Let's hope not.

Ole Dad

1st team Alcoa 28, OR 0 (Full game format)

2nd team Alcoa 4 scores, OR 0 scores (no extra points where attempted)

freshman team Alcoa 3 scores, OR 0 scores (no extra points where attempted)

Maryville's not showing Hall's all their cards /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> GQ's a genius........... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

I think A-Town has answered your question for the last four years. For the record, Maryville has destroyed OR, DB, and Farragut during scrimmages over the past 5 or 6 years. They will dominate 5A just as they have 4A. Never ever sell GQ short.

AHS and MHS have a great shot at five gold balls in a row. Farragut has a chance to make it. OR and DB will be buying tickets if they go.

I've had a long day, so I will not argue every single point, but I will say this, no matter how bad OR looked against Alcoa, Maryville did not dominate OR this year, Just so we are all on the same page.