Sullivan South @ Science Hill

The Hill

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COMP, YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MIND. FROM WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT, TENN HIGH CAN PLAY WITH SH AND SS. WITH ALL DO RESPECT, SOUTH SHOULD HAVE LOST THE GAME LAST NIGHT. A MISSED FIELD GOAL,MISSED EXTRA POINT AND PROBABLY THE WORST PLAY CALLING I HAVE SEEN WAS THE DOWNFALL FOR SH. SH HAS MORE SPEED AND BETTER ATHELETS THAN SOUTH AND MAYBE DB,BUT THEIR COACH WILL CONTINUE TO GET THEM BEAT.GILLIGAN'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED IN J.C. ANYWAY, CONGRATS TO SS AND THE WN LAST NIGHT.

I have heard this better "athletes at Science Hill" thing for 10 years now. Its time for you people to give it a rest. You are starting to look foolish. Look at the facts. Compuss is just trying to put the ideal in peoples head that Science Hill is a better team than DB, and because South beat Science Hill that makes his Rebels better than DB also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here is just one example using just one of DB's players: Thursday night Chris Sensabaugh (possibly the best running back in upper east tn.) went out with a injury at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. In comes his backup, Justin Sylvester and runs for 167yrds and 4 touchdowns in 3 quarters of play. Science Hill doesn't have a athlete on their team that is better than Sylvester, our backup tailback. Get the picture?

Yup I'm back....I've been waiting to see the Toppers before I commented on them and after last night I want to believe that the program is heading in the right direction after what I saw last night. Looks like this sophmore class is the right mix with the Senior class while there are juniors who will be mad at their playing time in the future, will it be the near future. Ryan Mitchell is gonna be a force once Norris develops enough at qb so that Isacc can be moved to running back where he needs to be so that he can get the ball in more creative opportunities. Mitchell needs to be on the field- he displayed a second gear that I haven't seen in a Hilltopper uniform since 2005 when there was alot of speed on the field. Anyone that saw the kickoff return knows exactly what I mean. He looks good at rb but put him on the outside this year and Larry on the other side and fill in the slots and you can be scary. With Isacc at rb with Armando Canepa and you have an impressive running game. The defense played outstanding but I personally hate the technique of cornerbacks playing with ther backs to the ball on presnaps. They have alot of talent and the future looks bright but they have alot of kids that are still learning to play the game..I saw a lot of scared playing by some of the wideouts when it came time to make contact. I was impressed with what i saw on the field and I went to the game thinking that this would be the only game I would go watch this season. I will definitly be back.

South was impressive but there has definitly been a huge drop that Fletcher did more to make up for in this game. I love to watch that kid play. He runs the ball with authority and has deceptive speed. He should be their workhorse. It was different watching this game because South was trying to do the things that they have been doing (especially in the air) and the results that I was expecting never materialized. Several batted balls, a few dropped passes didn't help an impressive debut by Davenport but reports of his greatness has been greatly exaggerateed. I thought Phillips was a D-1 athlete but not a qb and I hope I'm proven wrong butI know Davenport is not a D-1 qb like he has been reported to be. He is a very fine qb and would help any team in the area outside of D-B and maybe TN High, who I think ,have the qbs that they need. From what I've seen last year and this year those may be the 3 best signal callers in the area with Crawford being the one I would want. South is such a well coached team and does everything excellent fundamentally which allows them to get the most of their players. They play hard and have kids that seem to love contact. Very well played game, I kept waiting for them to make the plays to break the game open but the reason for that is now residing in Madison.

I was impressed with Science Hill's resilince and they answered almost everytime they needed to and the kids have a great enthusiasim. Hopefully success will come soon to give them shot in the arm. The game calling was effective and kept the defense fresh even though it did become reptitive on the offense side but you dance with who you brought. I can't say how impressed I was because I was fearing the worst but now am more open to believe that they are heading in the right direction. The losing streak is 7...that's the bottom line.

ps- Bud everyone has more talent than South and DB after south beats them according to some...DB is loaded this year and everyone in this area is going to be hard pressed to stay within 14 all season.

I attended the game in Johnson City last night. From my point of you, and a friend who accompanied me, Science Hill was plainly out coached. I feel the line of scrimmage was a push, the skills positions (based on speed and size) gave a slight advantage to Science Hill, the skills positions (based on quality) gave a large advantage to South. Stacy Carter simply out coached Scott Smith, using his talent properly. It is very disappointing that a city like Johnson City, with the many athletes they have within their limits, is subjected to such game plans. I will not be shy about it. I don't understand Smith's logic. It's rather frustrating to me, a follower of the fundamentals of the game. I must say, however, that the Hilltoppers mental toughness and resilience is commendable, a positive sign for the remainder of the season.

His WR's need time. It will come. Satch, tell him not to get discouraged he will get there. And when he does it will be sweet. Bradley and the Dr. will quickly get a chemistry and it will be devastating.

Comp,

He isnt discouraged today. But I appreciate you seeing his potential. He's thrilled to be on the field the entire game for the victory over a talented, yet undercoached SH team. He is a team player to the core. Last night, he blocked great from WR, ran good routes and did get open a lot, and caught one of two balls that were thrown to him. The other ball was technically catchable but way out in front of him as he was in the clear across the middle and he just couldnt get there. Not faulting anyone on that, we can't make every play. I told him he played great. In fact, the Spin Dr personally thanked him on the bus home for the open field blocks he had on the cornerback during two of the Dr.'s scores. The Spin Doctor looked like the RB we all know he is.

I am happy to see that "Smitty's" coaching talents came out again last night. SH better win soon or Smitty will crank up the ol' moving van. I sure hope not, because we don't need him back in the Nashville area.

Smitty cannot get you to the dance

Amen to that !!! And that !!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here is just one example using just one of DB's players: Thursday night Chris Sensabaugh (possibly the best running back in upper east tn.) went out with a injury at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. In comes his backup, Justin Sylvester and runs for 167yrds and 4 touchdowns in 3 quarters of play. Science Hill doesn't have a athlete on their team that is better than Sylvester, our backup tailback. Get the picture?

That's a mouthful but I'm not sure I would take Sylvester over Kinley. Kinley has the mean streak that's needed in football. Not taking anything from Sylvester just think they are very comparable with Kinley being just as much as an athlete and maybe more of a football player but my view is slanted.

I listened to a little bit of the SH / SS game last night on the FM station, but there was no Tom Taylor, only his buddies doing their best to try to sound professional. Has he already jumped ship or was he out sick or something? It surprised me that he would miss the first game that he was supposed to call for South.

I listened to a little bit of the SH / SS game last night on the FM station, but there was no Tom Taylor, only his buddies doing their best to try to sound professional. Has he already jumped ship or was he out sick or something? It surprised me that he would miss the first game that he was supposed to call for South.

I think Tom is under contract at BMS as the PA guy. So he probably had to be there last night. I don't think his fill ins are quite up to speed. Twice last night they called South DB and a few times they got Science Hill and South mixed up.

I will hold you to it Compusatman. I have not seen The Hill play. I wanted to be there but I went to the race. Congrats on the win! I am having a hard time thinking that SH has a better combo then Sensabaugh and Sylvester. I know they were loaded to the gills last year and choked like nothing we had ever seen. I will take your word on it though. I still say Gilligan is the worst coach ever though. Thanks for beating them tonight!

You guys in DB have to get your head out of the clouds with your CS expectations. If Coach Smith uses Ryan Mitchell even sparingly in his offense, nobody will even remember Chris's name after this year. Ryan is also a sophomore and only touched the ball maybe 6 times (5-80 rushing), one went for a 56 yard TD and then you add the spectacular kickoff return that was one person away from taken it to the house. I've seen both (CS twice) ;and he is BETTER...deal with it. As far as the two teams compare to each other...all you have to do is take a look at the rosters on paper....It don't take rocket science. They have 20+ player over 220 pounds. They have a TE that is 6'4" 230 with great feet, the problem is they did not use him at all...so you don't know if he can even catch. Believe me with a good coach they could remove all starters and still match DB (and any other team in the area) with size and talent. But the bottom line is that SS will never be able to put a game plan together to beat a GC coached team end of story!!! Switch coaches and DB would have a loosing season and SH would be 5A State Champions. JMO

Just a note...SH has at least three backs that would challenge CS for the starting position if they were at DB...and that's not an exaggeration. No one can ever question the fact that I have never said that DB wasn't a good team, but I have and I still do question your depth (in size and talent). Point and case... you had to take your starting WR and move him to RB when Chris got hurt...I rest my case. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />