Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

Tough loss! Playing conditions far from ideal. What happened to the runnung attack besides the fumbles? Chiefs fans need to keep the faith. I think this team starts to come around and get some wins. Sequayah' s schedule is tough early with Sweetwater, G-P and Central.

I was not able to attend the game, but from listening on the radio it sounded like GP defense gave our O-line a fit most of the night? Sounded like they were in the backfield a lot?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe our running backs had any fumbles. I sure would have liked to see us try the run more often, especially inside the red zone. We had it there three times with no points. If we can make it through Central with everyone healthy and mentally still on the same page we should be able to put some wins together and still have a good season. Go Chiefs!

running backs o fumbles. It was a real head scratcher to watch. We had positive yards on every rush, except from the I after the blocked punt. Yeah they had 8 in the box and were pinching everything, still able to gain postive yards on "every" carry, ran counter ISO once, bucksweep zero times! Midline lead(with E keeping) with rev motion would have killed them???? plays designed to answer exactly what they were doing????? Jock on the sidelines on defense?????? The field was a mess, almost impossble to keep the ball dry, did we have any ball dry???? I never saw it being used????? Dosent mean they did not have it, I just did not see it. Defense played much better, Berrong made same great adjustments to what they were doing. I am sorry but you can not put this one on the kids. They played there butts off. Coaches are human just like everyone else, one of the few professions where you get critiqued every week in the open, in front of hundreds of people and hindsight is always 20/20. My opinion and to some I know, thats not much, but last night we did not play to this teams strength and in the end I think it cost them. The kids have got to stay positive encourage them every time you see them, they need and deserve that. Let them know you believe in them and there effort. There is a lot of football left the coaches are working hard the kids are working hard, some good things are still left on the table and I think we will get them. Just my honest opinion.

I was not able to attend the game, but from listening on the radio it sounded like GP defense gave our O-line a fit most of the night? Sounded like they were in the backfield a lot?

Not hard to get pressure in the backfield when you are trying to block 8 men with 6. GP blitzed all night from inside and out. When you spread the field like we did last night and they bring 7 and even 8 players on a blitz and you have your o-line and 1 rb to block do the math someone is going to come free. The game film will tell the tale. I'm just glad we have an off week this week. Give the kids a chance to heal and the coaches a chance to do some homework to get ready for Region play.

Not hard to get pressure in the backfield when you are trying to block 8 men with 6. GP blitzed all night from inside and out. When you spread the field like we did last night and they bring 7 and even 8 players on a blitz and you have your o-line and 1 rb to block do the math someone is going to come free. The game film will tell the tale. I'm just glad we have an off week this week. Give the kids a chance to heal and the coaches a chance to do some homework to get ready for Region play.

If they were blitzing 8 and we were in the shotgun with 4 receivers, those quick outs should have been the perfect thing to slow them down.

when storm corvette I think thats his name ran that intercepton 98 yds for td what a turning point instead of 27 to 7 it was 20 to 13, and GP fumbled on thier on 18 yd line, I for one thought it was over. GP I know hopes they win out..

Storm's INT made it 7 to 6. The turning point of the game was the "play calling" after GP's QB fumbled on SQ 25yd line with 4min. to go in the game and we are down by 6. WHY do we through the ball, we hadn't had any success allnight passing but we still continue to through? If we run #37 here with the turn in momentum we had SQ. wins this game. This one is on the Coaches. SK you said on the sweetwater post that we had much better play calling this year. I've been at both game, and I have to say that play calling cost us both. Read the stat from lastnights game, they speak for themselve. By the way SK 0 an 2, is still 0 an 2 weather you are in the game at the end or not.

Storm's INT made it 7 to 6. The turning point of the game was the "play calling" after GP's QB fumbled on SQ 25yd line with 4min. to go in the game and we are down by 6. WHY do we through the ball, we hadn't had any success allnight passing but we still continue to through? If we run #37 here with the turn in momentum we had SQ. wins this game. This one is on the Coaches. SK you said on the sweetwater post that we had much better play calling this year. I've been at both game, and I have to say that play calling cost us both. Read the stat from lastnights game, they speak for themselve. By the way SK 0 an 2, is still 0 an 2 weather you are in the game at the end or not.

It would be hard to find truer words on this thread.