Can blackman make history?

hitstick

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think he meant it the way you took it i think he meant that a lot of last years starters are now a year older and they have improved over the year

i know, its just that its always about the underclassmen at blackman, their always going to turn the program around, it just never seems to happen. the seniors were told this every single year my kid was there by their coaches. at some point you've got to ask yourself whats really going on out there? i'm sorry if i sound bitter but i am. i don't know what the answer is but at some point you have to try something different and i'm not suggesting coaching changes just something different.

even though i acknowledge you have the right, i totally disagree with your opinion that last years team was worse. i just don't see it. unfortunately i just see the same and its just a slap in the face to the past players to come on here and say they were worse. if you want to brag on your kid i totally understand, just leave mine out of it please, he reads these post also.

footballmom1...i REALLY did not mean anything the way it seems you took it

i only was saying that our team has more experience...more size...more speed this year...

and i think next year we will be a better overall team...and one of my boys will be gone...because we are only losing 4 senior starters...but that does not mean anything personally to my son or anyone else's

i meant nothing...please don't take it that way.. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

As one of the last folks to leave the stadium (was helping flag lady try to find her stolen flag) I had the privilege of seeing Blackman's #24, Patton, at the gate - I walked up to him and told him 'Great Game!' and I had two words for him - he looked at me funny and I said ... 'HOT TUB!!!' and patted him on the shoulder pads - he played a whale of a game - I left him by saying I hope to see him again this fall....

i will give a full report tomorrow...

but for tonight i don't have much time to write because i am eating warm crow...it is so much easier to swallow when it is warm /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

congradulations to a really good football team...i am now a fan /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

it was GREAT to meet the riverdaleman...he knows his football for sure... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

and i got to feed tndtn...but did not get to see him...but heard he was a great guy from the riverdale man...

you have classy kids and coaches...

i'll be back tomorrow with some details...ugly ones for blackman

footballmom1...i REALLY did not mean anything the way it seems you took it

i only was saying that our team has more experience...more size...more speed this year...

and i think next year we will be a better overall team...and one of my boys will be gone...because we are only losing 4 senior starters...but that does not mean anything personally to my son or anyone else's

i meant nothing...please don't take it that way.. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

i know you guys TRY to keep it up beat on here and i'm sorry to get all sensitive on you and i probably won't say anything more about it but when a player was quoted in the newspaper saying " some of the players last year wanted to win, they wanted to be good but just didn't want to put in the work" and then i keep reading we were a worse team last year i was pretty offended and maybe i shouldn't have been. maybe that player didn't mean it the way i took it either. it just seems like the cause for the past is being misplaced to me. maybe i'm wrong, thats just the way i see it based on my opinion on whats going wrong out there based on what i witnessed. i 'm sure not everyone agrees with the way i see it but I know a lot do. I knew most of those kids from the last few teams and i know most of them worked at that football program hard, like a job 50 weeks or so a year. they don't get the credit they deserve. when mine was a sophmore, there was 30 something sophmores on the team and the majority of them were starting and the word was " by the time all these sophmores get to be seniors, we're gonna be awsome!". by the time they were seniors, they were more experienced, bigger and faster. i guess i just don't understand???? sorry to air my frustrations out on the world wide web /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

i know, its just that its always about the underclassmen at blackman, their always going to turn the program around, it just never seems to happen. the seniors were told this every single year my kid was there by their coaches. at some point you've got to ask yourself whats really going on out there? i'm sorry if i sound bitter but i am. i don't know what the answer is but at some point you have to try something different and i'm not suggesting coaching changes just something different.

Let me start by saying that I am new to this. I decided to "vent" on here because my brother plays for Blackman and I don't want to say anything that will discourage him. CHANGE is exactly what Blackman needs. I have tried to give the coaching staff a break because I hear parents in the stands blaming them all the time, but like footballmom stated, at some point you have to wonder what is going on. If you are committed to the running game, then get in a running formation!

The Patton kid amazed me again this week. He plays like a champion every down. Other than him, Blackman looked flat. Congrats to Riverdale. They proved that they are still a force in the region.

I would like to congratulate both sides for getting out a great crowd in some really bad conditions. I can imagine what the crowd would have been on a nice night.

Riverdale has a lot of work to do and some very big games coming up.

I've been out of the loop pretty badly this fall...what happened to the Craddock kid?

Let me start by saying that I am new to this. I decided to "vent" on here because my brother plays for Blackman and I don't want to say anything that will discourage him. CHANGE is exactly what Blackman needs. I have tried to give the coaching staff a break because I hear parents in the stands blaming them all the time, but like footballmom stated, at some point you have to wonder what is going on. If you are committed to the running game, then get in a running formation!

The Patton kid amazed me again this week. He plays like a champion every down. Other than him, Blackman looked flat. Congrats to Riverdale. They proved that they are still a force in the region.

Why Apologize?

Blackman was dominated. The run at all cost spread offence was Not effective and there were too many third and long situations that proved to be unsuccessful. I agree if they are going to run the ball then get in a run formation. What they are doing is the same old same old. One pass in the first half and another in the second. If it was not for Riverdale fumbling inside their own ten-yard lines three times and two other touchdowns called back because of penalties the evening would have been more embarrassing than what it was. The Blackman defense was not all that good. They did not stop Riverdale, Riverdale stopped them selves. Blackman has good athletes and some of their best are not on the field. Riverdale did have better coaching. I spoke to one former coach of Riverdale and they were more worried about the passing game than Blackman??™s run game.