Dobyns Bennett @ Oak Ridge

This should really be a shoot out friday.For the people that have not seen the starting line up for Oak Ridge,man!!! I've seen college teams that wish they had that kind of size.I've not done the math,but I bet the offensive line will average close to 290.Our defensive front six or seven will have their hands full.This will be a great game to get prepared for Jeff CO,who has a big running game. Oak Ridge allao has an Adams size reciever and other great skill people to boot.Their defensive front will be a test for our offensive line,they are very big and strong.This is big time high school football and I look forward to the matchup.

I just done the math.261-286-264-270-347 by 5= 285.6

Yea i dont think we'll be running very many traps or iso's on them, if GC is smart he'll call runs right off the tackles and get Crawford rolling out of the pocket a little more, but remember DB is usually always the smaller team, but make up for it with speed,heart, and determination example: Will Bateman #65

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see the Oak Ridge fans take on the tricitiessports.com article.

Indians Back to Full Strength as They Head to Oak Ridge for Tradition Game

The article is very interesting and it very objective. However my only disagreement is the size. DB has just a many 6 foot and over guys as Oak Ridge does; plus size only goes so far. We might be big but that doesn't necessarily translate into strength and speed. Also the article shows how loaded DB is on offense and defense. They have a lot of their players coming back from injury, which means the are back almost to full speed. However this is Oak Ridge vs DB and anything can happen; in this series there have been blow outs, there have been shootouts, and there have been defensive dominate games, can't wait to see what happens.

Yea i dont think we'll be running very many traps or iso's on them, if GC is smart he'll call runs right off the tackles and get Crawford rolling out of the pocket a little more, but remember DB is usually always the smaller team, but make up for it with speed,heart, and determination example: Will Bateman #65

This is for the DB fans.Will is pound for pound one of the strongest players that you will see on most friday nights.He is the mold that all kids should be made from,nomatter how big or small they are. I tell my son to watch Will on every play that he is not in the game,to see how a true senior leader gives it everything he has on every play.Will is more than a football player,he is a roll model for all around him.The apple falls close to the tree ,his parents are two of the finest people in the city of kingsport.

We have a lot of great kids and many times they won't get the glory or headlines,such as the offensive line.Cody Fuller has worked hard in the weight room and plays hard on friday nights.Patrick Hansen is great to watch,he don't stop until the play has been dead and the ref reminds him of it.Andrew Tompkins,Craig Carter,Sammy Collins,Ryan Church are names that don't grab the headlines on offense many times, but you take them off the field and see what happens.

Zack Fleming is a beast at linebacker and a good young man as well.James Templeton and Jorden Edwards give us size and strenth at the other linebacker spots.What about the job Rusty Clark has done over the past few weeks.It didn't even cross my mind over the last couple of games with Justin out,who was holding down the free safety spot {Brandon Brewster}.We have not given up many points all year and you have to give credit to this young defensive backfield which plays so many people.I get caught up into watching my own,just like anyone ealse,but this is just giving some props to the fine effort of so many that make the team work. Good luck to the team and all the players and coaches

You can hear Coach Clark's thoughts tonight from 6:30 - 7:30 on AM1320 WGOC (www.wgoc.com)...or be there live at the Sagebrush Steakhouse on Stone Drive...

It's Dobyns-Bennett vs. Oak Ridge at "The Ship"...

D-B fans, if you go to the game, tune in to "the Voice of the Wildcats" - David Clary...Oak Ridge fans I don't remember the call letters or frequency, so help me out, please...tell the D-B folks where to turn to hear your your radio broadcast.

Roll Tribe Roll

You can hear Coach Clark's thoughts tonight from 6:30 - 7:30 on AM1320 WGOC (www.wgoc.com)...or be there live at the Sagebrush Steakhouse on Stone Drive...

It's Dobyns-Bennett vs. Oak Ridge at "The Ship"...

D-B fans, if you go to the game, tune in to "the Voice of the Wildcats" - David Clary...Oak Ridge fans I don't remember the call letters or frequency, so help me out, please...tell the D-B folks where to turn to hear your your radio broadcast.

Roll Tribe Roll

I couldn't pick up 1180 last week for some reason at Bearden.I hope the cats have a better broadcast.