Most disapointing lose ever!

bipbopzot

HillsboroBurros123 it was quarters not semis. But that leads to my worse game. Last year semis against maplewood. If you were at the game everybody seen we were by far the better team. They just scored when it counted. We were up then they would come back. We should have been up by a lot but our qb fumbled around the 10 yard line and we had a wide out drop a wide open touchdown. Went through his hands and hit him in the chest. We went in to the first overtime. They scored first and kicked the extra point. We scored on the first play and was gonna go for 2 but we had somebody to jump early so we just kicked it. Then we got ball first and scored quick and kicked the extra point. And then they scored and went for 2 and got in by the length of the football. 36-35. I think everybody in the whole stadium heart just fell out.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few.

2006 loss to Ravenwood in the first round of the playoffs. Gallatin was loaded that year...well it makes me want to just puke thinking about it.

2003 losing all those games to forfeit after Gallatin had blown them out on the field because of a backup reciever. Then having Hunters Lane come to our place that week and them playing the game of their careers(didn't win a game after that) was like pouring salt in an open wound.

1991 state championship game against Oak Ridge. We knew that we didn't have the talent of Oak Ridge but nobody thought that a Calvin Short coached team would get blown out 30-0. Shawn Summers ran like a wild man that game and most of his yardage coming on 3rd and longs.

1982 state championship game against Lincoln County. Gallatin killed them in the stats but just could not get the ball in the endzone. Carl "GOO BABY" Woods deserved a ring.

Memphis beating Tennessee, 21-17 back in 1996. There isn't another UT loss that I've witnessed that was as painful. To me, that may go down as one of the biggest upsets in college football history. What made that loss so bad was that Memphis was awful that year, winning only 3 other games, all against inferior opponents, by a combined 12 points. Tennessee was supposed to make a national title run (they were ranked in the top 5 before that loss), and their only expected challenge was Florida (which they lost by a TD that season).

Michigan State beating Ohio State 28-24 in 1998 (after blowing a 24-7 lead late in the 3rd quarter at home), keeping Ohio State out of the national title game with Tennessee was another painful defeat, at least for me.

The Tennessee-Memphis State game of 1996 is mine also. The big call in that game was the kickoff return for a TD by one of the Cobb twins from Cleveland Tn. His arm clearly touched the ground when he was hit and Al Matthews(a former Vandy tight end-turned SEC line judge who is permently scratched from officiating UT games) doesn't blow his whistle.

That's sad,but I had to laugh anyway.

Call it guilt,it just sounded like a Billy Bob type of movie.but it is sad that you didn't play because of it.

Every kid reacts to things differently.My worst lost was playing a middle school game in florida.The coaches had built the defense around me and in the first game I got my right leg broke in two places and my team got killed.It still haunts me for "two" reasons.The coaches were helping me "walk" off the field and I had one tear that I couldn't hold back,and it still bothers me thirty some years later.I don't think anybody seen it ,but that's how much pride that I had.Looking back on it,that was pretty stupid.

The second reason was when the doctor told my mother that blood clots could kill me and that my right leg could be messed up for life.I laughed.

Same year, Fall 1971, 2 games: We (Science Hill) lost to Oak Ridge at OR 7-6 on a punt return and a 13 or 14 to 7 loss to Tennessee High at TH on a Kick Off return.

These games still burn in my crawl.

On a good note,you helped set up a national championship for Tennessee High.I have an early seventies question for you.Who scored 4 touchdowns for Science Hill in the first half and was taken out of the game with the ball inside the one,and still in the second quarter.He could have scored seven or eight that night. I'll give you a hent,he had a cousin that played pro ball a few years ago,and a nephew that played basketball for DB last year.John Drakeford is the answer

My junior year with gallatin. played Brentwood second round of the playoffs. 4th quarter brentwood is down by two comes on the field to attempt a field goal. kicker misses the field goal but fakes an injury to get the roughing the kicker penalty. three plays later comes on the field laughing and kicks the game winner.

06-07 season SC was playing at DB and we were both ranked in the top 10 and we lost in the final minute... if we wood have went 4 it on a 4th and 1 i no we wood have made it but instead we punted and they got good feild position.... sensabaugh scored a td later on a catch...... we wood have won the region if we won.... wood b a first since 99 /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

this one is pretty recent:

last saturday was the university of memphis' first home game of the season vs Rice. we were up most of the game, and up 15 twice in the 4th quarter. Rice scored 28 points in the 4th. horrible. as things would have it, rice tied the game up at 35 all with under a minute left in the game. memphis was driving down the field for the final score, quite well actually. QB hall was trying to run the play, but instead of spiking the ball with 15 seconds left, he dillydaddled around for a few seconds (i dont think he knew exactly what play he was going to run...) BAM interception. 69 yd interception return for a TD. game over. i have NEVER seen 28,000 people leave a stadium that quickly!! first game of the season, and already off to a bad start.

Yeah, that loss I think tops it off with this program if things don't get any better. Here's more:

Memphis-Arkansas State (2007): Memphis was up 31-6 at halftime and lost the game 34-31.

Memphis-Ark. State (2004 or 2005): Tigers' lose on a hail mary as time expired 26-23.

Memphis-Cincinnati (2002): Tigers' let Cincy convert a 4 & 27 on their game-winning drive. I think the final was 34-32

Memphis-UT (2000): After the Tigers score the go ahead TD with less than three minutes in the game, they didn't not kick the ball deep on the kickoff. UT gets a 40+ yard kickoff return, which set up their game-winning field goal. UT wins 19-17.

Memphis-UT 1999: Tee Martin's pass completion on 3rd and long, which set up the game winning TD.

UT wins 17-16.

The UT-Memphis in 1996 was very disappointing for the Vols. This was my freshmen year at the U of M and I was there. After the Tigers' big win, they lost to East Carolina 20-10 and finished 4-7 that season.

Michigan's loss to Appalachian State is the biggest of all!! There were videos on youtube of Ohio St. fans and Penn State fans watching that game and cheering.