big 9 basketball

unc1

Sullivan east will not be anything to worry about. they are weak down low, and only have shooters, no ball handling or penetraters. They kave koree deeb who can shoot and should lead the team being the only senior. Jordan is a good shot, but thats it. Dont know who else they have other than zane.

can anyone confirm that jamel williams is gone or is he back?

like i said earlier don't be surprized when the final score is more than yours. as far as williams i think he has transfered out of state!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamel Williams is no longer attending Dobyns-Bennett and transferred back to New York. It is nice to see enthusiasm from the players/supporters at Sullivan Central. However, I will say, you have to beat the best to be the best. Use that for motivation. I'll leave it at that.

I have read all these posts and not one said "Central is the Best". We are excited about the upcoming Bball season as you would be after the dismal Ftball seasons of past. But IMO the Cougars will pull the win out at JC.

HAHAHA.....can DB's head get any bigger????? YES!

As DB's head gets bigger other teams like central are getting better and working hard.

We dont need a bunch of hype from former players or the media or whatever it is. We are out to win, no matter what! So the big 9 conference should be exciting all around, upsets and a lot of head turners....So while DB puts their make up on for the cameras....some teams will be ready to play ball....i assure you there will be plenty of excitement in the cougar den this season. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

HAHAHA Are you serious... DB works harder than any other team in the conference every single yr. The reason they put great players on the floor each yr is cause those players work at their games. Even when DB is not as good as the other team (BEARDEN) they still work harder and play smart to beat their opponent. You can say what you want but everyone knows that on paper last yr that Bearden was better than them. HOWEVER, DB worked much harder than them and won on the scoreboard and thats all that mattered. So there is no need for some crap about DB just wanting to be in the camera or having the big head... the reason they are on camera is because they have earned it. Central will be in the top 4 this yr but thats ridiculous to say they will be "unstoppable" this yr. DB should once again handle them with ease as they did last year when they beat them by 52.... 76-24. yeah you read correct.. not a misprint. DB possibly has the best guard combination in East Tennessee with Sylvester, Halvorsen, and McConnell. To go along with Adams (top 25 senior in Tenn) and Edwards who is probably the best post in the conference. We'll see what their juniors can do off the bench this yr. Should be interesting....

Again, not taking anything away from Jamel, but his down side sometimes overshadowed his upside. I would say Dobyns Bennett best overall player has been Justin Sylvester, bare none.

i agree justin is their best all around player, but i think that adams will make a big impact for the team and push them to murfresboro

Here's my picks

1. DB Too much talent for the Big 9

2. SH Could challenge for the title (Odem could best player in conference)

3. Vikings Nobody can beat our style of play.

4. SC A lot of returning seniors with experience.

5. South Basically the whole team is returning.

6. Vol. The basketball team hits harder than the Football team.

7. Boone Good JV will upset some teams.

8. Crockett Freeman and Co. will compete.

9. East Lost all guard play, rebounding. No shooters.

Here's my picks

1. DB Too much talent for the Big 9

2. SH Could challenge for the title (Odem could best player in conference)

3. Vikings Nobody can beat our style of play.

4. SC A lot of returning seniors with experience.

5. South Basically the whole team is returning.

6. Vol. The basketball team hits harder than the Football team.

7. Boone Good JV will upset some teams.

8. Crockett Freeman and Co. will compete.

9. East Lost all guard play, rebounding. No shooters.

I saw every team play at least once in the Big 9 last year. I agree with this poll pretty much from top to bottom. People have some questions for DB, but come on guys, it's DB. They're gonna be in good shape. It's the same ole story for TH every year; top 4 no doubt. Central is intriguing with Tyler Devault leading the senior class. The cougars have the length, but I don't know if that necessarily translates to brawn. Devault is key to that team. Also Mathew Crowder. If he plays more than 2 seconds per game, then Central will probably fall on this poll. Let's hope he does play, so South can rise to the top, baby!