big 9 basketball

unc1

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. DB seems to handle their schedule fine and peak around tourney time. Two extra game may be two too many and burn out some teams. Coaches have a nack for what their strategy will be and how much preperation is needed to get their team to PEAK around District Tourney time. November means nothing if your team is going home the second week of February. Buck VanHuss would always tell us that 20 win seasons mean nothing if some of those wins don't come during tourney time. God Bless!!!

Good point.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday, November 18

Tri-Cities Christian at Sullivan Central

As expected, Sullivan Central dominated a lesser Tri-Cities Christian. They apparently scheduled this game to try and develop depth, playing their reserves for the whole second half and most of the second quarter.

Sullivan Central 69

Tri-Cities Christian 32

Tonight's Games - Wednesday, Nov. 19

Sullivan South vs. Hampton (@ Viking Hall)

Happy Valley vs. Tennessee High (@ Viking Hall)

Tonight's Games - Thursday, Nov. 20

David Crockett at West Greene

Knox Bearden at Science Hill

Does anybody have a start time for the Science Hill game? It should be a dandy.

Also, here are the Big 9 teams participating in the Hardee's Classic at David Crockett High School in Jonesborough during Thanksgiving week.

Tuesday, Nov. 25

5:30 p.m. Sullivan North vs. Daniel Boone

7:00 p.m. David Crockett vs. Cherokee

8:30 p.m. Sullivan East vs. Unicoi Co.

What is the deal with East having only 9 players? I thought they would compete, but they are gonna be hurting. They have a small point guard who will get trapped, and wing players who shoot the lights out but struggle to make their own shot. Dyer is a great coach though, they will still be competitive. I still think they will beat crockett and split with Boone, Volunteer, and South. My predictions go as follows.

1.DB

2.SH

3.Central

4.Tenn High

5.Volunteer

6.Boone

7.South

8.East

9.Crockett

POTY-Justin Sylvester

All Conference 1st team-Josh Odem, Corey Young, Ashlon Adams, Tyler Devault, Nick Jones.

Best of luck to all /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tonight's Games - Wednesday, Nov. 19

Sullivan South vs. Hampton (@ Viking Hall)

Happy Valley vs. Tennessee High (@ Viking Hall)

Hampton 53

Sullivan South 50

Tennessee High 48

Happy Valley 27

Go to tricitiessports.com to read the articles on the games.

The Big 9 goes to 2-1 against out of conference opponents this week.

With the back half of the big 9 jumbled in mediocrity, does Zach Garland the 6'10" soph at Crockett have much to offer? I'd have to think that a kid that size with any skill at all would dominate games around here. Or is he just a big body without much game. I know Crockett won 1 conference game last year and typically aren't very good but can Garland push them up the standings?

I don't think so. Bearden is loaded and one of the favorites to win the state. I don't think the Hill has enough firepower to stay with them. But I wish them well anyway. It's nice when NE TN teams gets some respect.

I agree. Bearden is in fact loaded.

Unless SH is much improved from last year they will get a rude start to the season courtesy of Bearden.