big 9 basketball

unc1

Some news from the Central team.

Senior PG Mickey Brown could potentially be out for the year. His only shot at playing again is in the tournament. This is from the elbow dislocation in the championship game of the VA High tournament.

How will this play out for the Cougars?

They will have to move Roberts to Point Guard, no doubt. Which will cut down his scoring output.

Devault, Roberts, and Vannoy are going to have to carry this team, and they need good preformances from those guys night in and night out to have a shot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got the Arby's Preview Show up. Have been having some technical problems with the sound as many of you have noticed. That has been fixed now and the sound quality should be much better. I would like to thank my internet provider for the outage that kept me from uploading the show Wednesday and most of the day today. Would like to hear from everyone what they would like to hear discussed on the show. Keep the emails coming.

www.thefastbreakshow.com

comments@thefastbreakshow.com

Happy New Year! Welcome back to the Big 9 Conference. Tournament performances for each of the Big 9 schools can be found below (alphabetical order), along with the current conference standings situation going into the new year:

Daniel Boone (2-2)

Trailblazer Classic at Daniel Boone

12/19 vs. Elizabethton, W 68-52

12/20 vs. Chuckey-Doak, W 73-44

Sonic Shootout at White Co.

12/27 vs. Red Bank, L 81-75

12/29 vs. Meigs Co., L55-54

----------

David Crockett (2-2)

Trailblazer Classic at Daniel Boone

12/19 vs. Chuckey-Doak, W 70-52

12/20 vs. Morristown West, L 68-63

Big Red Shootout in Manchester, KY

12/29 vs. Horizon Science, KY, W 57-47

12/30 vs. Clay Co. KY, L 59-39

----------

Dobyns Bennett (2-2)

Arby's Classic at Tennessee High

12/26 vs. Tabernacle Baptist, GB, W 78-54

12/27 vs. Benedictine, OH, L 66-60

12/29 vs. Science Hill, W 73-70

12/30 vs. Louisville Male, KY, L 71-69 - OT

----------

Science Hill (0-2)

12/27 vs. Briarcrest Christian, L 55-50

12/29 vs. Dobyns Bennett, L 73-70

----------

Sullivan Central (4-2)

Highlands Union Bank Tipoff Classic at Virginia High - Champion

12/18 vs. Abingdon, VA, W 75-58

12/19 vs. Lebanon, VA, W 72-61

12/20 vs. Twin Valley, VA, W 63-49

Bobcat Classic in Bluffton, SC

12/29 vs. JEB Stuart, VA, L 64-43

12/30 vs. Hunter Kinard Tyler, SC, L 62-59

12/31 vs. Mt. Pisgah Christian, GA, W 80-70

----------

Sullivan East (0-2)

12/26 vs. Knox Bearden, L 81-59

12/29 vs. Gate City, VA, L 73-71 - OT

----------

Sullivan South (3-0)

Citizen's Bank Holiday Classic at Sullivan North - Champion

12/29 vs. University High, W 74-48

12/30 vs. Morristown West, W 57-54

12/31 vs. Elizabethton, W 64-48

----------

Tennessee High (1-2)

12/26 vs. Bryan Station, KY, W 54-49

12/29 vs. Miller Grove, GA, L 62-58

12/30 vs. Monsignor Pace, FL, L 63-51

----------

Volunteer (1-2)

Highlands Union Bank Tipoff Classic at Virginia High

12/18 vs. Chilhowie, VA, W 58-46

12/19 vs. Twin Valley, VA, L 66-43

12/20 vs. Lebanon, VA, L 62-48

--------------------

Current Big 9 Conference Standings

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Tennessee High, 5-1 (9-6)

Dobyns Bennett, 4-1 (11-3)

Science Hill, 4-1 (12-4)

Sullivan East, 4-2 (9-5)

Sullivan South, 2-3 (9-6)

Sullivan Central, 2-3 (10-6)

Volunteer, 1-3 (5-9)

Daniel Boone, 1-4 (7-8)

David Crockett, 0-5 (4-10)

As expected the "big 3" fared well in the Arby's proving they are the class of the Big 9. South's showing was very encouraging as they prepare to make a push the second half to claim a 4 seed for the district tourney. Central remains as the biggest challenge with a respectable holiday performance while adjusting to injury related line-up changes. South's game with DB will be huge for the Rebels. With 8 Jrs. contributing, just playing a competitive game should keep momentum on their side. East may be proving vulnerable, or at least erratic. Still they already own victories over South and Central. Region 2 looks weaker to me than past years. A 4 seed might actually have some hope in the post season. Can't wait to see how it plays out! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Cap, or any other Vikings fan who attends the game tomorrow in Greeneville, could you please give us a game analysis of tomorrow nights match up between your Vikings and the Greene Devils. I'm interested to see if your boys will continue playing at a high level against a very likely region tournament opponent, and to see if Greeneville will show backbone and bounce back, at all, from an embarrassing performance in the Arby's.

I've run the roads ragid trying to keep the girlfriend happy over the past week or so and tomorrow looks like more of the same, thus a trip to Greeneville isn't prudent, especially after spending the evening in the cold and damp weather at Dollywood last night, though riding rollercoasters in the dark is pretty cool. Plus the NFL playoffs will be on, so I'm obliged to watch the games. Maybe I'll tune into AM 640 with darn yankee Don Helman. What time is the game scheduled to start?

Thanks in advance.

Got a question for Dobyns-Bennett fans. Whats up with all the ankle injuries on DB sports teams. I can't remember any other school having as many athletes with ankle problems in the past three years. Is it just me or is this a concern?

It must be the new field turf. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Slyvester has always been injury prone.

Got a question for Dobyns-Bennett fans. Whats up with all the ankle injuries on DB sports teams. I can't remember any other school having as many athletes with ankle problems in the past three years. Is it just me or is this a concern?

I've noticed it, but I can't explain it. It's most likely a fluke or bad luck, though I'd say the field turf probably doesn't help former football players now basketball players, as etathlete pointed out.

As expected the "big 3" fared well in the Arby's proving they are the class of the Big 9. South's showing was very encouraging as they prepare to make a push the second half to claim a 4 seed for the district tourney. Central remains as the biggest challenge with a respectable holiday performance while adjusting to injury related line-up changes. South's game with DB will be huge for the Rebels. With 8 Jrs. contributing, just playing a competitive game should keep momentum on their side. East may be proving vulnerable, or at least erratic. Still they already own victories over South and Central. Region 2 looks weaker to me than past years. A 4 seed might actually have some hope in the post season. Can't wait to see how it plays out! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i agree the big 3 did well in the arbys and should be a thing to watch the second half of the season, but the south wins were good but the teams the beat weren't as strong as some of the other teams in the big 9 played. it will be a big boost with confidence after winning the tourn. but the big 3 are tough but i still think the hill then db top 2 i think tn high, east and south next with central losing their guard 6th then the rest up for grabs, should be a great second half, tn high and greenville should be a good game but at greenville sorry vikes will be tough to win, but good luck to the big 9 schools

Cap, or any other Vikings fan who attends the game tomorrow in Greeneville, could you please give us a game analysis of tomorrow nights match up between your Vikings and the Greene Devils. I'm interested to see if your boys will continue playing at a high level against a very likely region tournament opponent, and to see if Greeneville will show backbone and bounce back, at all, from an embarrassing performance in the Arby's.

I've run the roads ragid trying to keep the girlfriend happy over the past week or so and tomorrow looks like more of the same, thus a trip to Greeneville isn't prudent, especially after spending the evening in the cold and damp weather at Dollywood last night, though riding rollercoasters in the dark is pretty cool. Plus the NFL playoffs will be on, so I'm obliged to watch the games. Maybe I'll tune into AM 640 with darn yankee Don Helman. What time is the game scheduled to start?

Thanks in advance.

Getting ready to head out right now. I'll do my best Tsportsfan, but I hope you guys don't hold me to the same standard of analysis as yourself or you will more than likely be disappointed. I do my best to be partial but you have to know that I'm still looking through those maroon and white goggles. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

i agree the big 3 did well in the arbys and should be a thing to watch the second half of the season, but the south wins were good but the teams the beat weren't as strong as some of the other teams in the big 9 played. it will be a big boost with confidence after winning the tourn. but the big 3 are tough but i still think the hill then db top 2 i think tn high, east and south next with central losing their guard 6th then the rest up for grabs, should be a great second half, tn high and greenville should be a good game but at greenville sorry vikes will be tough to win, but good luck to the big 9 schools

That is a VERY true statement.