big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something was wrong!! i told you so greenville by 6, would like to know what percent of wins at home verses wins away for greenville!!!!

What do they do down there, give them 20 points to start the game?! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Greeneville was pitiful at the Arby's.

I'll wait for Cap, I trust he'll have an opinion.

By the way, I don't think I've had such a bad span of luck in who I want to win games since the weekend Sullivan South, Vanderbilt, and the Titans all lost in the same weekend. Alabama blew one for the SEC last night in the Sugar Bowl, the Falcons found a way to lose to the Cardinals, Tennessee High lost (matters to me because I'm a Big 9 homer, obviously), and the referees helped the Chargers along to a victory over the Colts. The only way it could get worse is if the Ravens and Eagles lose tomorrow. I really don't want to see the Chargers in Nashville when I go down for the Titans playoff game next Saturday, I might get arrested for accosting Phillip Rivers. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

something was wrong!! i told you so greenville by 6, would like to know what percent of wins at home verses wins away for greenville!!!!

What can I say Unc1??¦It??™s haaarrrd to win in Greeneville! But in all fairness I must say that the Vikings came out flat and confused. Partially because it had to be hard to look at this match up as they did the last four or so that they have had. Also Corey Young didn??™t play the first half of the first quarter because he was evidently late to practice this morning??¦so IMO Coach Witcher didn??™t take the Greene Devils serious either. THS played from behind practically all game long and anytime they mounted a hint of momentum the whistle would blow and you had to hold your breath and just wait to see what the call was going to be. At one point they even stopped the game for at least two to three minutes to discus whether??¦heck I really don??™t know what they were talkin about! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> But with all due respect we knew this going into this game so the best thing to do would have been jump on them hard and fast like DB did and take the game out of the hands of the referees. Say I??™m whining if you want but this being my sixth year??¦ I can look at the officials and in many cases can tell you who is going to give us trouble before the game starts. I guess the coaches don??™t complain because they themselves don??™t want to look like they??™re making excuses??¦but truth being told there are many partial and just plane out BAD officials in this region. I bet their were over fourty total fouls called in this game??¦most in the second half in an attempt to get control of the game. The looser of the foul situation was Greenville because the officials had to start calling fouls that they were obviously letting fly in the early parts of the game. Greeneville couldn??™t adjust and at least two of their players fouled out. Enough about that.

Greenville was as expected. They featured as their starting five a physical big man, two very good athletes, a wing player with a wicked spin move to the basket, and a solid (but lacking in confidence) basketball player in Short. Not much of a bench though. Short hit several shots early in the game to get Greeneville started but quickly faded as Greenville just patiently started taking what the Vikings gave them, and that was usually one of our players off the dribble in isolation as we showed why we specialize in the ZONE defense instead of a straight up man to man. Very disappointing defensive effort by several Vikings during the course of this game. Greeneville played well enough and made enough of their free throws down the stretch to hold off a very flat Viking crew. The Vikings were beat to death off the dribble, AND on the boards on both sides of the court. I don??™t think I can remember us getting more than one shot at a time at any given point of the game. At some point Coach Wicher is going to have to commit either Tre Webb or Taylor Harmon to helping on the boards because right now they are both waiting on that dish for the three ball??¦and that aint helping our cause. Mason can handle his own against one, but most of the teams in this region are going to be in a zone and he is left alone in the middle as the only Viking on the boards while the others stand and watch from the perimeter. Coach Witcher has a hurdle to overcome in order for the Vikings to move forward in the future and that is to adjust and get across to his players what their roles need to be to effectively help his team win. Some players are able to create offense on their own off the dribble, some are able to spot up and drain the shot, but some do better on second chance shots (cleaning up the trash under the basket or hustle plays). Heck even Josh Odem (Science Hill starting point guard for most of three years straight) frequently plays at the post now??¦because that??™s where his team needs him to play to be successful. He knows it??¦his Coach knows it??¦so that??™s what he does, and does well. Sorry Tsportsfan??¦I??™m not to good at this analyzing thing when it comes to my team. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Too much personal stakes.

Sorry Tsportsfan??¦I??™m not to good at this analyzing thing when it comes to my team. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Too much personal stakes.

Cap, I give you an A+, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. You gave me what I wanted, I look inside the game AND a look inside the state of the team. Hate to see a team that took huge strides over the past few weeks show up flat. I should be in Viking Hall on Tuesday. I feel like I spent so much time there at the Arby's that it??™s like my second home (from a gym standpoint).

I still pick the Vikings to win on Tuesday. The zone, I feel, will make Vannoy impatient, which doesn't bode well for him or his team. If what odoulrules, on the POTY thread, said is true, and the feeds down low to Devault decrease with Brown out of the line up, Canty will more than likely counter act Devault. It should be a good game no less.

Cap, I give you an A+, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . You gave me what I wanted, I look inside the game AND a look inside the state of the team. Hate to see a team that took huge strides over the past few weeks show up flat. I should be in Viking Hall on Tuesday. I feel like I spent so much time there at the Arby's that it??™s like my second home (from a gym standpoint).

I still pick the Vikings to win on Tuesday. The zone, I feel, will make Vannoy impatient, which doesn't bode well for him or his team. If what odoulrules, on the POTY thread, said is true, and the feeds down low to Devault decrease with Brown out of the line up, Canty will more than likely counter act Devault. It should be a good game no less.

I don't understand TCSF. Aren't you a DB grad and fan? I thought they were playing at South Tuessday. Why will you be at Viking Hall instead? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I don't understand TCSF. Aren't you a DB grad and fan? I thought they were playing at South Tuessday. Why will you be at Viking Hall instead? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yes sir, I am a Dobyns Bennett graduate and fan. Yes, they do play at Sullivan South on Tuesday. I try to attend the games I think are the best matchups, which I think is Sullivan Central @ Tennessee High on Tuesday. I'll definatley have my radio on the Indians and Rebels game, no doubt. Plus I'll be going to the Science Hill @ Dobyns Bennett game on Friday night in Buck Van Huss. I've spent plenty of time in my years attending Dobyns Bennett athletic events, from time to time it's nice to attend other schools games, gain another perspective.

In an effort to stay true to my username, and not become an overally biased Dobyns Bennett mark, I try not to attend all their games. It works for me and lends to my personnal policy to spend money at the various local schools. Some people shake their heads at my odd reasons, but I am what I am.

Yes sir, I am a Dobyns Bennett graduate and fan. Yes, they do play at Sullivan South on Tuesday. I try to attend the games I think are the best matchups, which I think is Sullivan Central @ Tennessee High on Tuesday. I'll definatley have my radio on the Indians and Rebels game, no doubt. Plus I'll be going to the Science Hill @ Dobyns Bennett game on Friday night in Buck Van Huss. I've spent plenty of time in my years attending Dobyns Bennett athletic events, from time to time it's nice to attend other schools games, gain another perspective.

In an effort to stay true to my username, and not become an overally biased Dobyns Bennett mark, I try not to attend all their games. It works for me and lends to my personnal policy to spend money at the various local schools. Some people shake their heads at my odd reasons, but I am what I am.

You are who you are and it is what it is. I respect you for calling it straight up. I also really enjoy your insight and reporting. In this case, I really hope South makes you regret your assessment of where the best game will be! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You are who you are and it is what it is. I respect you for calling it straight up. I also really enjoy your insight and reporting. In this case, I really hope South makes you regret your assessment of where the best game will be! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I appreciate your kind words. Hopefully my Indians will take care of business without me. You realize, since I won't be at the game, that you will have to provide some post game dialogue right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />