big 9 basketball

unc1

He??™s taken most of the shots?? If he has it??™s probably because he??™s one of the few on that team that can actually shoot in traffic outside the paint. They haven??™t had ANY production out of their guards since Brown got injured??¦and you can honestly say that Vannoy shooting is a factor in them loosing games? Did you really see the same game I did Monday night? You know what??¦I give up??¦most of you that are trashing Vannoy or his game would be the very ones crying crocodile tears if a Ashlon Adams or a Chris Smith was to transfer to your team even though it would obviously be a big improvement no matter how you look at it. And you would probably use the ???I just don??™t like his game??? excuses to trash them too. Like I said before (and I??™m not saying this directly to you Tsporsfan but just in general) ???If you can??™t beat um, trash um on coacht???!!! Most of you are stuck in the rutted believe of ???who needs a drop-step or a crossover when you can shoot the three ball???. That??™s a mentality that will always keep you here in Northeast Tennessee fighting for Fourth place in the Big 9 conference??¦.believe that!!!

The game we both witnessed on Tuesday showed us that Sullivan Central is reeling as a team, not necessarily because of one or two player??™s efforts. I did hold Vannoy, however, to a unintended higher standard with a smaller margin for error, my own mistake. I appreciate you pointing that out for me to consider in retrospect Cap.

I've been to five Sullivan Central games this year. After most of those games, I left with a different opinion about Vannoy. It didn't help that the first game I witnessed him play in was against Science Hill. Thus, I was most likely blinded by a preconceived notion in latter performances, shielding me from observing the positive attributes he does possess and his upside. As for odoulrules, so it is for me, case closed on the Vannoy issue for me.

By the way, I love my transfer! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap, you hit the nail on the head here. Vannoy IS a scoring threat, but that's it. He's a liability on defense and on the boards. The only reason I'm posting about him on here is that I'm hoping "for Cougars sake" that he'll read this stuff and start playing the full game not just on the offensive end. The coach knows this and has talked with him several times to no avail, but, how can you sit someone that does score when your team is not playing good, you just can't do that. So, I'm done talking about this subject, hopefully he'll read some of this and it will click that it's a team game and it's played on both ends of the court. Cap, you have made some valid points on this so as far as I'm concerned this subject is closed to me. I will be posting more about the Cougars, but not about Vannoy. Have a Good Day.

Well said odoul.

Coacht.com is made to promote high school athletics in Tennessee and now Alabama. People don't post because ofany short comings. Some have even acheived sport success in their hay-day. Some have played and coached this great sport. It's not what you used to do that makes someone a poster on here. It is one of two things.... 1) you love high school sports and enjoy talking, while promoting high school athletics and the kids that play them; or 2) you love to get on here and spew venum about what's wrong with associations, programs, teams, coaches, or players. Now, I ask you..... which one are you going to be today? GOD BLESS!!!!!

PS.... I agree with 99% of your post Cap1, but the one percent you left out is that these people get on here and trash people even when they are winning, just not their own program. If Central was winning, there would be some who still would trash Vannoy. I haven't seen the kid play yet, and even if my opinions were to be negative, I would keep it to myself unless I was trying to give constructive criticism, and that can only be done by going to the Coach or player DIRECTLY....not on here...... If you're not building up, you're tearing down....

Again, Stokomo, you put it in perspective. It's back to the stats, information, and analysis for me...with a bit of constructive criticism mixed in. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Man, you came to cap's rescue mighty quick. I guess the saying is probably right in line for you too. I don't remember any of you posts saying you were on the floor, unless you were the manager!!!!!.

I like Cap, though I highly doubt he needs me to rescue him. He can run circles around me when it comes to dishing it and taking it on these boards. Truth be told, I did not play high school basketball, nor do I or did I coach, referee or perform team managerial duties. I honestly don't know why you think that lends to someone??™s legitimacy. I like to think I'm a rather informed follower of high school athletics in our area, attending games, reading articles, checking box scores, following these boards. Call it pitiful if you want, but it is what it is. Your posts do make me chuckle though hightop, keep'em coming.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, everyone needs to just calm down. I mean after all, basketball is only a hobby you can take up to pass time until FOOTBALL rolls around again! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You would say that VolmanScott! Sadly, it will be quite a while before August.

rebelrebelman, I would like to make a public inquiry into your interest in becoming the first head men??™s basketball coach at York-Sullivan High School, a grades 8-12 military academy I hope to open in downtown Kingsport sometime in my lifetime. What will it cost me?

40 grand a year. I'd have an assistant who could draw up plays and do the technical stuff, and I'd handle the players. Any coach can draw up plays, but it takes someone who loves basketball and can motivate his players. A good head coach needs to be able to relate to his players, know who to play, use his bench wisely, and always put a motivated, prepared squad on the floor. I think I could do that. But my real dream is to build a basketball center somewhere in Kingsport, like 3 courts where people can come in and just play ball. It'd be like the Y except better, because the resources and focus is all on basketball. Have tournaments and stuff, which would be great for guys who's high school days are over but don't wanna stop playing competitively. The only problem would be, I'd be the owner and I'd have to deal with ownership stuff, but in actuality I would probably play ball for like 10 hours a day. Maybe I'd just hire managers to run that stuff and I could play.

Upset Averted!

Sullivan North - 75

Sullivan South - 78

Final - OT.

Up by 11 at halftime, and by 8 to start the fourth quarter, the Golden Raiders of Sullivan North ran out of gas in the end. Sullivan South hit three shots from three in the final minute of regulation, while the Raiders missed four free throws in the last 30 seconds, to force overtime. In the extra period, missed free throws by Sullivan North proved the difference, allowing the Rebels to escape Bloomingdale with a three point victory.

Now that we are all back on the same page...I think a group huge is in order. Maaaaannnnn I love high school sports!!!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Upset Averted!

Sullivan North - 78

Sullivan South - 79

Final - OT.

Up by 11 at halftime, and by 8 to start the fourth quarter, the Golden Raiders of Sullivan North ran out of gas in the end. Sullivan South hit three shots from three in the final minute of regulation, while the Raiders missed four free throws in the last 30 seconds, to force overtime. In the extra period, missed free throws by Sullivan North proved the difference, allowing the Rebels to escape Bloomingdale with a one point victory.

Props to Coach Mitch Cox and his Raiders. They must have put forth a valiant effort. A win is a win, but this is inexcusable for the Rebels even if it was on the road. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Props to Coach Mitch Cox and his Raiders. They must have put forth a valiant effort. A win is a win, but this is inexcusable for the Rebels even if it was on the road. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

My apologies crawdad, the final score was 78-75 Sullivan South. I jetted after the game went final to get home for kickoff and neglected to write down or text the final score, and for once in my life my photographic memory failed me. Close enough though, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />.

By the way, did you or anybody else from south Kingsport, Ft. Henry Drive/John B. Dennis Highway intersection/underpass, towards Colonial Heights lose power for most of the night? I couldn't raise what the problem was.

My apologies crawdad, the final score was 78-75 Sullivan South. I jetted after the game went final to get home for kickoff and neglected to write down or text the final score, and for once in my life my photographic memory failed me. Close enough though, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

By the way, did you or anybody else from south Kingsport, Ft. Henry Drive/John B. Dennis Highway intersection/underpass, towards Colonial Heights lose power for most of the night? I couldn't raise what the problem was.

The only power outage I know about is the one by the Rebels in the first 31 minutes. Sounds like they turned it on in the last 60 seconds. Thanks for the report-you're right-close enough. I was home watching T-bone take the boomer sooners to the meat market! I was happy to read that Will White scored 25 for the Raiders. He is a freshman-good kid and will be an exceptional player for Mitch Cox.

BIG game tonight between the ???Superpowers?????¦who you with? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

i take it you mean db and the hill!! i am going with the hill by 14. don't hink aslon will have the game he did in the arbys. edwards in foul trouble again, mcconnell not shooting as well, jmo on this one.

i take it you mean db and the hill!! i am going with the hill by 14. don't hink aslon will have the game he did in the arbys. edwards in foul trouble again, mcconnell not shooting as well, jmo on this one.

NOOOOO??¦??¦ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I??™m talking about Unicoi and Johnson County??¦.NOT!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Really though??¦is everybody healthy on both teams? If it wasn??™t for the fact that I could possibly get disowned I would be front and center for this one given the show they both put on for us in the Arby??™s Classic. I can??™t deny the fact that I would love to see the Toppers even the score??¦for more reasons than one. The obvious reason being it would keep the Vikings in one of the top two spots longer. The other reason is that it would fuel the next meeting of the ???Superpowers?????¦and that one I will not miss. Many of you don??™t know but, at one time I looked out on the floor in the game at the Arby??™s, and there were only two players on the court that didn??™t at one time or the other play with the N.E.T Hoopsters AAU basketball program??¦most of them this past summer. That??™s the biggest reward for an AAU junky like myself! All the time and money spent starts to make sense. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />