big 9 basketball

unc1

Morristown East's record should be 13-4

I noticed that myself, it is rather sad. If it makes you feel any better, the Kingsport Times News has the standings correctly printed. As long as we know it, I suppose that is all that matters Cap. Below is the lateast TriCitiesSports.com NET Top 10 Poll, what are your thoughts?

TriCitiesSports.com NET Top 10

Team Name (Overall, Conference/Current rank in conference)

1. - Science Hill (14-4, 6-1/#2 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

2. - Dobyns Bennett (12-4, 5-2/#3 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

3. - Unicoi Co. (14-2, 5-0/#1 in Watauga Conference Standings)

4. - Morristown East (11-5, 5-0/#1 in IMAC Standings)

5. - Tennessee High (11-7, 7-1/#1 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

6. - Sullivan East (11-5, 5-2/#4 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

7. - Cocke Co. (9-5, 4-1/#2 in IMAC Standings)

8. - Greeneville (14-6, 3-2/#3 in IMAC Standings)

9. - Sullivan South (10-7, 2-4/#6 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

10. - Sullivan Central (11-7, 3-4/#5 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capitol 1 is so angry!! So mad he can't stand it!! Curse you tricitiessportsfan for your ways!! Instead of picking on minute details that 0 people care about, why don't you concentrate on your 10-7 Vikings trying to stay in first place. Which by the way, won't happen.

i think they vikes will drop this week at south, south got beat by m-west and i think they will be ready for the vikes, they can match up inside with canty but might have trouble in the guard position still think south by 3

If the refs let Lloyd go to the line after drawing a charge, this was the wrong call. You do not shoot foul shots on player control fouls such as charges. Sounds like this was a crucial mistake by the officials at a very crucial part of the game.

My bad Volman??¦Lloyd was fouled on the preceding inbound play after the charge call.

I noticed that myself, it is rather sad. If it makes you feel any better, the Kingsport Times News has the standings correctly printed. As long as we know it, I suppose that is all that matters Cap. Below is the lateast TriCitiesSports.com NET Top 10 Poll, what are your thoughts?

In response to my own post, I need to clarify that I did not post the TriCitiesSports.com NET Top 10 Poll to antagonize Cap. I believe Cap knows me well enough, on these boards, to know I wouldn't do that. I do understand his plight, though. One would think they could trust sports writers or staff writers, both of whom do make mistakes from time to time, to not make the obvious blunders they did in this instance. That's how I see it anyway, being the stat guy that I am.

If the refs let Lloyd go to the line after drawing a charge, this was the wrong call. You do not shoot foul shots on player control fouls such as charges. Sounds like this was a crucial mistake by the officials at a very crucial part of the game.

I was not at the game, just caught the fourth quarter on the radio, but to my understanding, both teams were in the bonus when the charge by Canty occured. I don't know the rules well enough to know if a player control foul, when both teams are in the bonus, would still result in foul shots. Can someone help me?

Though Cap has already corrected his post on the game, I still pose the question I have above.

Morristown East's record should be 13-4

My apologies on Morristown East's record on the TriCitiesSports.com NET Top 10 Poll that I posted. I simply cited what the website had, which we now know to be a mistake. Also, in the conference standings that I post, I only use the records that are reported to coacht, after I try to double check their validity. In that case, the Hurricanes schedule on coacht has them with a record of 5-0 in conference and 12-5 overall. Below is my corrected poll:

4. - Morristown East (12-5, 5-0/#1 in IMAC Standings)

5. - Tennessee High (12-7, 7-1/#1 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

8. - Greeneville (14-7, 3-2/#3 in IMAC Standings)

9. - Sullivan South (10-8, 2-4/#6 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

Why do we play Hall of fame games? As a rule they are definately not money makers. It is extra BB. Just count the losses as well as the wins.

I agree, Hall of Fame games should be counted if they are actual games played and not exhibitions and scrimmages.

Capitol 1 is so angry!! So mad he can't stand it!! Curse you tricitiessportsfan for your ways!! Instead of picking on minute details that 0 people care about, why don't you concentrate on your 10-7 Vikings trying to stay in first place. Which by the way, won't happen.

I guess you could say one person cares. I do. That is inherently in my nature though, again I'm a stat guy, not to mention my OCD nature makes mistakes more unacceptable to me than to the average joe. As long as we know what the truth is, all is well. The real sad thing is that it still hasn't been corrected, especially when they are about to start charging for total sports coverage.

TriCitiesSports.com to Offer Total Sports Package For Pennies A Day

I was not at the game, just caught the fourth quarter on the radio, but to my understanding, both teams were in the bonus when the charge by Canty occured. I don't know the rules well enough to know if a player control foul, when both teams are in the bonus, would still result in foul shots. Can someone help me?

A player controlled foul, whether in the bonus or not, will give the ball to the opposing team. There are no free throws unless it is considered a flagrant foul. The team's player committing the player-controlled foul should be credited with a turnover also, but rarely is charted that way by most teams. GOD Bless!!!!

4. - Morristown East (11-5, 5-0/#1 in IMAC Standings)

5. - Tennessee High (11-7, 7-1/#1 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

8. - Greeneville (14-6, 3-2/#3 in IMAC Standings)

9. - Sullivan South (10-7, 2-4/#6 in Big 9 Conference Standings)

At this point in the season and seeing most of the top teams in action, I would have to say that this is the most accurate poll to date. I would however like to see Unicoi take on at least one of the top three teams in the Big 9 to see how they really measure up. I have no doubt that they would be one of the top four teams in this years Big 9 conference, but they have yet to prove themselves against a more athletic style of play.

Remaining at the top of the Big 9 for the remainder of this season would be a stretch even in my eyes. The Vikings have had their struggles this year, but manhandling the Sullivans has not been one of them...check the scores. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Just remember that come this Friday night. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> So why don't you just concentrate on these next 10 regular season games...because after that the Rebelrebelman's Rebels are done. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Rebelrebelman one of these days you will find that it is much easier to talk junk when your team doesn't have a LOOSING record and is closer to the top than the bottom...of any poll!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Remaining at the top of the Big 9 for the remainder of this season would be a stretch even in my eyes. The Vikings have had their struggles this year, but manhandling the Sullivans has not been one of them...check the scores. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Just remember that come this Friday night. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> So why don't you just concentrate on these next 10 regular season games...because after that the Rebelrebelman's Rebels are done. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Rebelrebelman one of these days you will find that it is much easier to talk junk when your team doesn't have a LOOSING record and is closer to the top than the bottom...of any poll!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Capitol 1 credit card, I think you'll find that I can talk jive (I prefer that term, it's funnier) no matter what my team is doing. Nobody will do a better job of talking jive when my team is irrelevent than me. Just ask Central fans this year. Shs78 probably stays up at night wishing I was dead. Actually, I bet he has hundreds of pages of notes and math equations trying to figure out who I am, when actually, unless I bumped into him at Wal-Mart once, we've never had contact. I feel like a high profile criminal, except I haven't done anything, besides antagonize the school he wishes I went to. Be glad you're not me Capitol 1 credit card, everyone knows who you are. I'm going to have a kid and put him in South-zoned athletics, just to spite everyone on here.

What is the deal with Boone? They have lost their last 6 games by a total of 22 points and 3 in overtime. They have taken THS and DB to overtime this year. The only blowout was to SH at the Palace with Dennis Whitson and Brent calling, imagine that. Are they that close or what?

Finally I see they let someone other than Jones take the last shot and got into overtime and then gave it back to him in overtime and lost. He has to be tired of missing the last shot to lose games. They say he missed the last shot to tie or win in their Christmas tournament all three games.

Where would SH be without the man, Odem? Any thoughts on next year. They don't have a stud coming next year.