big 9 basketball

unc1

What is the deal with Boone? They have lost their last 6 games by a total of 22 points and 3 in overtime. They have taken THS and DB to overtime this year. The only blowout was to SH at the Palace with Dennis Whitson and Brent calling, imagine that. Are they that close or what?

Finally I see they let someone other than Jones take the last shot and got into overtime and then gave it back to him in overtime and lost. He has to be tired of missing the last shot to lose games. They say he missed the last shot to tie or win in their Christmas tournament all three games.

Where would SH be without the man, Odem? Any thoughts on next year. They don't have a stud coming next year.

i think next year will be a year of pay back by a lot of teams. without odem you could look at a 5th place team if coaching isn't changed but they have him so he can take a game over and win looks like thats what happened in the patriot palace last night.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remaining at the top of the Big 9 for the remainder of this season would be a stretch even in my eyes. The Vikings have had their struggles this year, but manhandling the Sullivans has not been one of them...check the scores. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Just remember that come this Friday night. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> So why don't you just concentrate on these next 10 regular season games...because after that the Rebelrebelman's Rebels are done. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Rebelrebelman one of these days you will find that it is much easier to talk junk when your team doesn't have a LOOSING record and is closer to the top than the bottom...of any poll!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Man Cap,you sure got some swagger for being in 1st at the half-way mark. Don't you know these are the resurgent Rebels? It's the dawning of a new basketball era at South. We are on a 1 game winning streak and just extracted revenge on a powerful Crockett team that beat us back to back to end our season last year. We've already recorded 3 conference victories;thats 1 more than all of last season. Our sharpshooters are gonna pull you outta that Viking zone.Get some of that crow out of your freezer. I know you've got some left over from football season. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

What is the deal with Boone? They have lost their last 6 games by a total of 22 points and 3 in overtime. They have taken THS and DB to overtime this year. The only blowout was to SH at the Palace with Dennis Whitson and Brent calling, imagine that. Are they that close or what?

Finally I see they let someone other than Jones take the last shot and got into overtime and then gave it back to him in overtime and lost. He has to be tired of missing the last shot to lose games. They say he missed the last shot to tie or win in their Christmas tournament all three games.

Where would SH be without the man, Odem? Any thoughts on next year. They don't have a stud coming next year.

Nick Jones carries the Boone team. Without him they wouldn't be competitive. Maybe they're loking to him too much at crunch time.

Science Hill will always have basketball players in the pipeline. Next year will be "weaker" by Topper standards. I believe they are playing 8 Srs. and only 1 Jr. on the roster. The freshmen and 8th grade classes are loaded however so folks better get while the gettins good next year.

Hoopsfan doesn't want the Hall of Fame loss re: MEast, against Heritage (69-67) counted.

Why do we play Hall of fame games. As a rule they are definately not money makers. It is extra BB. Just count the losses as well as the wins.

I understand the feelings on the HOF games, but the state doesn't make you count them so why should you. Most teams are still missing football players or just getting them back and it is often played as glorified scrimmage. I personally think they should just be called exhibitions and not count a win or loss at all.

How many teams actually count the loss against their record? Just wondering in anyone has.

I think Coacht is missing a game from the KY tournament. East went 2-2 up there, that's where the other win comes from. Regardless it has been a nice turn around for East, it will be interesting to see if they can keep it together down the stretch with no tradition to lean on.

I understand the feelings on the HOF games, but the state doesn't make you count them so why should you. Most teams are still missing football players or just getting them back and it is often played as glorified scrimmage. I personally think they should just be called exhibitions and not count a win or loss at all.

How many teams actually count the loss against their record? Just wondering in anyone has.

I think Coacht is missing a game from the KY tournament. East went 2-2 up there, that's where the other win comes from. Regardless it has been a nice turn around for East, it will be interesting to see if they can keep it together down the stretch with no tradition to lean on.

South always counts theirs and there have been about as many losses as wins recently. If you are going to charge admission to watch, the games should count in the record. Otherwise call them TSSAA fundraiser-exhibits. Isn't that really what they are? How relevant is a win when the losing team doesn't count a loss. That's crazy. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Nick Jones carries the Boone team. Without him they wouldn't be competitive. Maybe they're loking to him too much at crunch time.

Science Hill will always have basketball players in the pipeline. Next year will be "weaker" by Topper standards. I believe they are playing 8 Srs. and only 1 Jr. on the roster. The freshmen and 8th grade classes are loaded however so folks better get while the gettins good next year.

You got that right crawdad. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Have you seen their freshmen team play? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Has anyone stayed within 40 of them? And I heard their 8th grade team may be even better! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

You got that right crawdad. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Have you seen their freshmen team play? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Has anyone stayed within 40 of them? And I heard their 8th grade team may be even better! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

What's Cutlip's status. Will he be there for this talent. I know there are rumors every year, just wondering if there is any truth to them. They sure do win a lot of games for him to be on the hot seat.

I haven't seen their freshmen play this year but was making a safe assumption. They were 30-1 last year with the only loss coming to Col. Hgts. They had an easy run to the sectional championship. This years 8th grade team looks better. Will Adams will be the next big name Topper player in basketball and football.He is an exceptional athlete with skills,quickness,speed,and strength. They also got a Vance "transfer" 6'5" Shannon Hale. Believe me, their cupboard is full!

Where are all the Cougar fans after the win against Volunteer? Well here's my reaction, I thought the Cougars played pretty well last night. Vannoy played well, still had a few bad decisions but much better. Devault and Albright looked good underneath again. Roberts shot the ball better tonight. Box played a good game at point also. Harmon came in & played OK, he still needs to play High School ball not Professional style IMO. Hyden came off the bench and gave some good minutes. I'd like to see what they could do with this lineup: Vannoy (1) Roberts (2) Hyden (3) Devault (4) & Albright (5) for more than a couple of minutes. IMO if Hyden could get some confidence in his shot, he could be a difference maker. 4 - 4 at the break, not what the fans expected at Central but still have another 8 conference games left. Hopefully Brown can get back by districts, any word on this?

What's Cutlip's status. Will he be there for this talent. I know there are rumors every year, just wondering if there is any truth to them. They sure do win a lot of games for him to be on the hot seat.

The seat can get hot if you're not playing for state championships every few years. That was the standard George Pitts created. I would think Coach Cut is there as long as he wants to be unless things nosedive.

Where are all the Cougar fans after the win against Volunteer? Well here's my reaction, I thought the Cougars played pretty well last night. Vannoy played well, still had a few bad decisions but much better. Devault and Albright looked good underneath again. Roberts shot the ball better tonight. Box played a good game at point also. Harmon came in & played OK, he still needs to play High School ball not Professional style IMO. Hyden came off the bench and gave some good minutes. I'd like to see what they could do with this lineup: Vannoy (1) Roberts (2) Hyden (3) Devault (4) & Albright (5) for more than a couple of minutes. IMO if Hyden could get some confidence in his shot, he could be a difference maker. 4 - 4 at the break, not what the fans expected at Central but still have another 8 conference games left. Hopefully Brown can get back by districts, any word on this?

not a bad line up but who will handle the pressure from this list? you want get many shots with this crew handling pressure! and outside shooting is a mistery. good luck with the rest of the season don't think you will make 17 wins jmo

I'm with you. They are either games, or they are pure scrimmages. HOF are like sitting a horse bareback and after a while it hurts and there is not much point to them.