big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Crawdad for the shout out...and yes...this is the end once again at THS, but this one is a little different. This is REALY the end!!! /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> With Shaud I knew I still had Corey...but now I'm down to "the cheerleader" /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . Oh well...I'll still need to go to the games. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Cap, I have a couple of questions 4 u. Where is Corey looking for college and does he want to keep playing? Also, is there somewhere in the tri-cities where they can play this summer to keep fresh, besides the Y? I didn't know if there was an AAU 18U team or not. Thanks for the info. and Good luck Tues.

Good post Stokomo.Morgan echoed your thoughts in the paper saying,you have to have a good basketball

IQ to play the game. Most people in Kinsport are getting tired of getting knocked out in the first rounds with the talent that they have on all their teams. Ask around,its a common topic.Cap can call me Bozo all he wants,most think he is the clown.He has made himself the GURU on the boards,so he thinks.

AND TCSF why do you think DB is under the microscope? Think about it. Congrat to the Vikings.

Guru??? I don??™t know about that??¦but just remember you said it, I didn??™t. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I just simply give my opinion, and would do so on or off these boards. Those who know me know this??¦and it wouldn??™t make a difference if your name was Etathelet or Barack Obama. Your label ???Bozo??? just came out because it is ludicrous for you to have the believe that DB has so much talent??¦and that none of the coaches at DB are utilizing any of the MOUNTAIN of talent that is spewing out of the fields and gyms of Kingsport. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Trust me??¦when you making broad moronic statements such as that I could post and campaign all year long and still not beat you out for ???Bozo??? clown of the year award. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> What I think many of us (you) fail to understand is that all of this so called talent that DB supposedly has on all its teams would simply be considered AVERAGE to the majority of the rest of the state. What (many) of you DBers fail to see is that this bucket of talent that you most of the time hold over all of the schools in this region, many times doesn??™t hold an ounce of water on the other side of Knoxville. And I have seen this with my own eyes every summer in basketball. So with that said??¦I must say that I tend to fall on the side that says these Coaches do the best they can outside this region with what they have to work with. As far as the head to heads with each other goes??¦talent may be 60% of an advantage or disadvantage, but experience and knowing the other team/coaches tendencies is the other (very important) 40%, because all of these guys are like broken records when it comes to the style of play they prefer to run.

Guru??? I don??™t know about that??¦but just remember you said it, I didn??™t. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I just simply give my opinion, and would do so on or off these boards. Those who know me know this??¦and it wouldn??™t make a difference if your name was Etathelet or Barack Obama. Your label ???Bozo??? just came out because it is ludicrous for you to have the believe that DB has so much talent??¦and that none of the coaches at DB are utilizing any of the MOUNTAIN of talent that is spewing out of the fields and gyms of Kingsport. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Trust me??¦when you making broad moronic statements such as that I could post and campaign all year long and still not beat you out for ???Bozo??? clown of the year award. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> What I think many of us (you) fail to understand is that all of this so called talent that DB supposedly has on all its teams would simply be considered AVERAGE to the majority of the rest of the state. What (many) of you DBers fail to see is that this bucket of talent that you most of the time hold over all of the schools in this region, many times doesn??™t hold an ounce of water on the other side of Knoxville. And I have seen this with my own eyes every summer in basketball. So with that said??¦I must say that I tend to fall on the side that says these Coaches do the best they can outside this region with what they have to work with. As far as the head to heads with each other goes??¦talent may be 60% of an advantage or disadvantage, but experience and knowing the other team/coaches tendencies is the other (very important) 40%, because all of these guys are like broken records when it comes to the style of play they prefer to run.

Right on Cap. Last years DB team was the best in Region 1. They suprised Bearden. Could have been considered an upset. At the state they were probably the 7th or 8th best team in the tournament. The point is there are two types of good, NE Tenn good and west of Knoxville good. This years DB squad is limited at the point guard position. Boy do they miss Williams and they have very little depth. Depth that they had lots of last year. SHHS is better than DB this year and THS is just as good as DB.

Where do I start? DB has played inconsistent this whole year, never finding a groove. But etathlete, they are not one and done. And if they win and the Hill wins, TN High has the #1 seed from Region 2, while the two powerhouses will more than likely be sending one of themselves home in round two of the regionals. I will always say this...if you have a good PG and fundamental skills, you can beat talent any day. It's all about the flow. The game is 15% skills and 85% mental. You have to understand the game from a mental stand-point, and having a good guard that can control tempo will always work in your favor. TN High just learned from the two losses during the season against DB. The signs of a SMART team, maybe not the most talented (see DB & Science Hill), but SMARTS will keep you in the thick of things come tourney time!!!! GOD Bless!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

PS.....if TN High wins, then they will be with DB in the regionals.....hmmmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You make a true and valid statement Stoke??¦but in all honesty this game came down to DB not hitting their shots as they did in the first two games. And then because of that they started loosing their composure as the game went on. Justin and Corey negated each other scoring 11 and 12 points respectively. Corey did control the tempo but was only able to take 6 shots form the field all night??¦Justin put the glove on him. So that meant that if we weren??™t able to get the spurts of action from Webb that we did we would have still lost the game. In talking to him Corey says that Sylvester is by far his toughest defender because of his athleticism and ability to stay in front of him. Josh is another puzzle that caused problems in the last match up. He??™s long and has allot of basketball sense, but we have worked on a plan that will potentially put him in early foul trouble if Cutlip wants to take the challenge this time around and match him up with Corey. Of course this time around the winner could be considered the looser if you believe that the IMAC is as weak as it appears to be. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Cap, I have a couple of questions 4 u. Where is Corey looking for college and does he want to keep playing? Also, is there somewhere in the tri-cities where they can play this summer to keep fresh, besides the Y? I didn't know if there was an AAU 18U team or not. Thanks for the info. and Good luck Tues.

Odoul I know that the Hoopsters are going to have a 17u team (which is the up coming Seniors age group). I??™m going to be helping out at a different capacity this year, but I will PM the contact info as soon I know for sure. I''ve seen your post and I??™m sorry I didn??™t have any info to give you at the time, but I will tell you that when they do have the tryouts I will post it on here. Because it??™s not like it was last year with 90% of the spots being filled. I think they will be returning 8 players from the 16u team last year and I can??™t think of but (maybe) two that would have a solid spot on the team at this point. I won??™t forget. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

With Corey??¦we have made two visits but none to the schools that he wants to play at. He will play next year; we just don??™t know were and at what level yet. You know how it goes??¦he wants to go as far away and play at the highest level possible. But Dad says show me the money. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Of course I??™m being a little facetious, but that??™s almost what it boils down too at this point.

Right on Cap. Last years DB team was the best in Region 1. They suprised Bearden. Could have been considered an upset. At the state they were probably the 7th or 8th best team in the tournament. The point is there are two types of good, NE Tenn good and west of Knoxville good. This years DB squad is limited at the point guard position. Boy do they miss Williams and they have very little depth. Depth that they had lots of last year. SHHS is better than DB this year and THS is just as good as DB.

I totally agree with everything you said with the exception that??¦I still think DB has the better team out of the three. I think CMO??™s cocky approach to taking on the Hilltoppers has embarrassed him to the point of where you can probably count on him to ???MAN UP???, slow down the pace, and make The Hill set up in their half court offense. My Vikings are much better than most perceive them to be but I??™m not a fool that thinks that pound for pound they are any better than the third best team in the conference (maybe the region). These close scores with lesser teams is only the reflection of the ???just do enough to win??? outlook of Coach Witcher. Sometimes I think he??™s such a good guy that it hampers his ability to have the killer instinct that it takes to be a true champion. When it comes down to it we match up with DB and SH better than they match up with each other. When this team is clicking on all cylinders, the only thing we are lacking is SIZE??¦and that obviously makes a difference in basketball.

You can never under-estimate the importance of a true PG. You are right CAP that most coaches have one system that they work til they die. I like to assess what talent I have to work with and develop a system that will work the best. CAP Again has seen the otherside of the mountain and the wealth of talent it holds. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Odoul I know that the Hoopsters are going to have a 17u team (which is the up coming Seniors age group). I??™m going to be helping out at a different capacity this year, but I will PM the contact info as soon I know for sure. I''ve seen your post and I??™m sorry I didn??™t have any info to give you at the time, but I will tell you that when they do have the tryouts I will post it on here. Because it??™s not like it was last year with 90% of the spots being filled. I think they will be returning 8 players from the 16u team last year and I can??™t think of but (maybe) two that would have a solid spot on the team at this point. I won??™t forget. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

With Corey??¦we have made two visits but none to the schools that he wants to play at. He will play next year; we just don??™t know were and at what level yet. You know how it goes??¦he wants to go as far away and play at the highest level possible. But Dad says show me the money. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Of course I??™m being a little facetious, but that??™s almost what it boils down too at this point.

Thanks for the info but is there anything for this yrs Seniors that you know of? My son is looking a little closer home. He has looked at a couple of schools in NC but decided they were too far for him. Probably looking at NAIA or maybe Juco. Good Luck tomorrow night to the Vikes.

Thanks for the info but is there anything for this yrs Seniors that you know of? My son is looking a little closer home. He has looked at a couple of schools in NC but decided they were too far for him. Probably looking at NAIA or maybe Juco. Good Luck tomorrow night to the Vikes.

I would suggest the Bob Gibbons evaluation clinic. That's the only opportunity that I could think of at this point if you're not already a state ranked player and getting invites. They usually have one in the Spring somewhere in NC and one in the summer at Wake Forest. I would think the Spring clinic would be sold out by now but there may be time to get in the Summer one. Even if registration is still open your coach has to recommend you, and he would probably have to have some connections. They actually grade you in certain areas and that grade card can be used to send to schools that you may be interested in. They also have scouts from all levels there on the last day when they split everybody up into teams, and they play ALL DAY LONG. It cost around $150 five years ago.

I have to add that an underclassmen would probably better benefit from this because if I'm not mistaken the Summer session is in late July.

CAP is way ahead of me on the reply. There are many camps that these kids can look into, but as CAP knows, not many are for Seniors. By the time athletes are Sr.'s, scouts have either already assessed them or are too wrapped up into finding the Soph Sensations out there. It is sad to say that Sr.'s get over-looked for younger meat, but that the nature of the business. And it is a business after high school. College coaches don't get paid millions of dollars for nothing. Anyway......tomorrow night should be excellent to watch. Can the Vikes slow-roll there way to victory? Can the Hill continue their impressive late season run? Will DB regroup and set up tee-pee in their own home or be run off their reservation by the Southern Rebels? Hey Tri!!! When was the last time DB lost two straight home games? hmmm..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" GOD Bless!!!!!