big 9 basketball

unc1

Does anybody know if the Big 9 will have any coaching changes this next year? just wondering. I would love to see atleast one of the big 9 boys teams make to murfreesboro this year! when was the last time db won the state? i remember playing them back in the early 90's and i really feel like they could have won a once or twice, the talent they had that came through. i cant remember the coach at that time...shipley or something like that...was right after coach van huss stopped coaching. anybody know?

Sounds like you may have someone in mined? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know if the Big 9 will have any coaching changes this next year? just wondering. I would love to see atleast one of the big 9 boys teams make to murfreesboro this year! when was the last time db won the state? i remember playing them back in the early 90's and i really feel like they could have won a once or twice, the talent they had that came through. i cant remember the coach at that time...shipley or something like that...was right after coach van huss stopped coaching. anybody know?

The coach who replaced VanHuss was Steve Shipley. I graduated with his brother Ken in 87. VanHuss didn't stop, he was forced out and died the summer before completing what was told would be his last year.

Oh yea! You can??™t get rid of me that easily just over a little technicality. We are taking a break this year from summer ball, and next year I??™m going to get out the scouting pad and me and TriFan are going to find the best age group in this region to follow through the ranks. And when we get them together, I??™m going to introduce them to their new coach??¦YOU!!!!!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Oh and don??™t worry about sponsorship??¦I hear Volman is BIG MONEY , so we will be sponsored by ???Coacht Friends in the Tricities???! That way everybody can invest in the future excellence of N.E.T. basketball. You see I already have a plan. What do you think?!!

Tell you what....by next year, I will be ready to coach AAU again unless I get a head coaching job around here in the TSSAA market....yeah right. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" You scout along with WACO and I promise that I will coach em. I've really missed the games and the guys. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Maybe Tri, CAP, WACO, and myself could start this webbie thing and charge $30 for membership dues and some procedes go back to investing in these athletes within our own area. These kids need exposure to the best to see they can stack up evenly with others. Let's make it happen cause in three years, I'm switching to girls AAU. My 10 year old will be ready to take my coaching by then. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Tell you what....by next year, I will be ready to coach AAU again unless I get a head coaching job around here in the TSSAA market....yeah right. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" You scout along with WACO and I promise that I will coach em. I've really missed the games and the guys. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Maybe Tri, CAP, WACO, and myself could start this webbie thing and charge $30 for membership dues and some procedes go back to investing in these athletes within our own area. These kids need exposure to the best to see they can stack up evenly with others. Let's make it happen cause in three years, I'm switching to girls AAU. My 10 year old will be ready to take my coaching by then. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This could get ugly!

And Stoke, you should be able to secure a nice Italian Village sponsorship shouldn't you? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This could get ugly!

And Stoke, you should be able to secure a nice Italian Village sponsorship shouldn't you? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You're going way back huh Scott! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I still see those ole boys from time to time, so yeah I could secure that side of the sponsorship. But since you are BIG MONEY, then I can leave all that up to you right? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You're going way back huh Scott! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I still see those ole boys from time to time, so yeah I could secure that side of the sponsorship. But since you are BIG MONEY, then I can leave all that up to you right? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Do I get all the pizza I can eat? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I'd come out ahead on that deal!

Do I get all the pizza I can eat? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I'd come out ahead on that deal!

I'm sure we can work out something. I'll make you an offer "you can't refuse!" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

#1 Science Hill over #4 Morristown West (close early, blowout late)

#3 Dobyns Bennett over #2 Jefferson Co. (Indians inch out a 12 point lead over three quarters, put the clamps on late)

#1 Morristown East over #4 Sullivan South (upset alert!, will be down to the wire)

#2 Tennessee High over #3 Cocke Co. (Corey does it again, Vikes by 6)

I 1/2 agree with that TCSF.......Science Hill will blow out Morristown and South will get blown out early for both games. Neither lower seed team matches up well with the higher. I hope to be wrong about South, but their match-ups don't favor them. I would love to eat CROW on the South game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Prove me wrong boys!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

#1 Science Hill over #4 Morristown West (close early, blowout late)

#3 Dobyns Bennett over #2 Jefferson Co. (Indians inch out a 12 point lead over three quarters, put the clamps on late)

#1 Morristown East over #4 Sullivan South (upset alert!, will be down to the wire)

#2 Tennessee High over #3 Cocke Co. (Corey does it again, Vikes by 6)

Anybody know when the DB - Jeff. Co. game tips off? I think it is at 7 PM, but I would like to know for sure. Thanks in advance!