big 9 basketball

unc1

I understand that, but when you have "THAT" company wanting the VP's son starting with the FAB four, then you have what happened. You don't have to buy a thing. I was there and know what went on. And Buck was loved by all, and should have had the Dome named after him. That doesn't stop progress and what some people wanted. Buck will always be one of the best coaches to ever coach this game. I remember when he was chosen to be Assistant Coach for the US Men's Olympic Festival in 1987 with Head Coach "Lefty" Dreisel and other Assistant Coach John Kreese. There are so many memories that I have with him that some would have you in the floor laughing so hard! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I also remember the summer of my freshman year, I started with the first squad and Buck was disciplining me for making a mistake. At that time I was real young and didn't want to hear it. The head of College Officials took me to the side and told me that I should listen t EVERYTHING that Buck had to say cause as far as he was concerned, Buck was the best coach ever! That stays with me to this day. That's how much he was respected in the Country!!! Anyway...getting off on a tangent........ /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I don't think this "VP" you speak of had as much power as you think. There would have been outrage in Kingsport beyond measure if Buck had been fired.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a very boring basketball season. No team from the big 9 is very impressive. Their only playing now for the right to be the "sacrifical lamb". Did you notice that no team was able to break out of the "big 9 thread" all year. I think that was a first. There just wasn't a team that stood out.

I noticed that Jaylen Allen, a freshman, scored 11 points for Science Hill.

I don't think this "VP" you speak of had as much power as you think. There would have been outrage in Kingsport beyond measure if Buck had been fired.

Buck was NEVER "officially" fired!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> He was told that the upcoming season would be his last. He was being forced into retirement. The summer before his last season, Buck died. Do some research and find out who the VP was at "THAT" company and it will shockingly suprise you. You are talking about 19 years ago, so there is no more to this story. Buck's legend speaks for itself. He has always been in my eyes the BEST coach to ever walk the lines. I learned a lot from him and Pitts...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Buck was NEVER "officially" fired!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> He was told that the upcoming season would be his last. He was being forced into retirement. The summer before his last season, Buck died. Do some research and find out who the VP was at "THAT" company and it will shockingly suprise you. You are talking about 19 years ago, so there is no more to this story. Buck's legend speaks for itself. He has always been in my eyes the BEST coach to ever walk the lines. I learned a lot from him and Pitts...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You're spinning your wheels with some of these guys Stoke. Many of them know the NAME, but really know little about the man behind the name, and even less about the legacy. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Its been a very boring basketball season. No team from the big 9 is very impressive. Their only playing now for the right to be the "sacrifical lamb". Did you notice that no team was able to break out of the "big 9 thread" all year. I think that was a first. There just wasn't a team that stood out.

We all know you're not a Bball man Waco especially when the Indians aren't absolutely owning the rest of the teams in the conference. I hate to be the one to bring it up (actually I appreciate the opportunity) but, I don't think anybody out side the teepee thought DB was playing for anything more than to be the "sacrificial lamb" from the east in football. And they couldn't even do that. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I think this year has been one of the most exciting seasons in a while...a little less predictable than previous seasons. So far the Big 9 has dominated the post season with three of the four teams that entered the Regional tournament still competing for the crown. This Regional Championship game is going to be one of the biggest "must win" games of this season because the looser will more than likely have to take on Bearden (best team in the State IMO) in the Sectional game.

And Im not sure I know what your point is when you say "no team was able to break out the the Big 9 thread". 1097 posts and 50564 views in one season sounds pretty impressive to me...it's got to be some kind of record. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You're spinning your wheels with some of these guys Stoke. Many of them know the NAME, but really know little about the man behind the name, and even less about the legacy. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I'm with you on this too Stoke. Politics are politics and it translates to selfishness not reason.

Does anyone know the status of Jordan Edwards? Did he play vs Jeff County and is he going to play vs SH?

Jordan Edwards has been fitted with a shoulder brace. He is cleared to play, but is not at 100%. He played approximately half of the game at Jefferson Co., scoring 9 points I believe. He will definatley play against the Hill on Tuesday.

Not much talk on the upcoming semi-final games. Should be two good ones. I think East will match up well with TN high and could have a chance at the upset. DB seems to be playing with a little more purpose since their district upset. Got the Hill at home, should be a great game. Tues. night should be a fun night of basketball. Second game won't be as athletic as first, but will be two well coached teams that get after it. Good luck to all.

When is the last time anyone from the IMAC (not named Greeneville) made any noise in the region?

Sad to say but one of these two Eastern Powerhouse teams will be trading in sneakers for cleats tonight. And for some, it will be their last game as a high-schooler. I remember my Senior year, we were put out in the semis of the Regionals by Marty Story and Greeneville. It was a bitter loss, because we didn't show up to play and got beat by the most points (19) ever on a team I played on. Those last two minutes were like an eternity sitting on the bench when Buck gave some younger players some experience. That game will always stick in my mind, because we were supposed to go state that year but got beat by Science Hill in the Championship of the Districts that paired us with Greeneville. The same situation here with DB & Science Hill the two powerhouses. TN High should represent the Big Nine with a win tonight. GOOD Luck to all, play hard like it's your last game (it could be!!!), and above all else, HAVE SOME FUN!!!! GOD Bless!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Who's hungrier? We'll find out......

Sad to say but one of these two Eastern Powerhouse teams will be trading in sneakers for cleats tonight. And for some, it will be their last game as a high-schooler. I remember my Senior year, we were put out in the semis of the Regionals by Marty Story and Greeneville. It was a bitter loss, because we didn't show up to play and got beat by the most points (19) ever on a team I played on. Those last two minutes were like an eternity sitting on the bench when Buck gave some younger players some experience. That game will always stick in my mind, because we were supposed to go state that year but got beat by Science Hill in the Championship of the Districts that paired us with Greeneville. The same situation here with DB & Science Hill the two powerhouses. TN High should represent the Big Nine with a win tonight. GOOD Luck to all, play hard like it's your last game (it could be!!!), and above all else, HAVE SOME FUN!!!! GOD Bless!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Who's hungrier? We'll find out......

Powerhouse teams ?