big 9 basketball

unc1

CAP is way ahead of me on the reply. There are many camps that these kids can look into, but as CAP knows, not many are for Seniors. By the time athletes are Sr.'s, scouts have either already assessed them or are too wrapped up into finding the Soph Sensations out there. It is sad to say that Sr.'s get over-looked for younger meat, but that the nature of the business. And it is a business after high school. College coaches don't get paid millions of dollars for nothing. Anyway......tomorrow night should be excellent to watch. Can the Vikes slow-roll there way to victory? Can the Hill continue their impressive late season run? Will DB regroup and set up tee-pee in their own home or be run off their reservation by the Southern Rebels? Hey Tri!!! When was the last time DB lost two straight home games? hmmm..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" GOD Bless!!!!!

I think DB is ready to quit. This team has done the opsite from what most Morgan coached teams have done. They started out good and got worse with every game. Not to take anything away from Tennessee High the other night but DB got out played, out coached, and out hustled on their own home court and by a team that they should of beat by 20. The players on this team play like they don't care if they win of lose. I have been seeing a trend at DB in the past 5 years that is getting worse with time. The athletes are losing their pride and what it means to play for the Indians. The Coaches are not far behind. Maybe we need to remodel the Buck Van Huss Dome again. The new football field and field house sure done wonders. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DB is ready to quit. This team has done the opsite from what most Morgan coached teams have done. They started out good and got worse with every game. Not to take anything away from Tennessee High the other night but DB got out played, out coached, and out hustled on their own home court and by a team that they should of beat by 20. The players on this team play like they don't care if they win of lose. I have been seeing a trend at DB in the past 5 years that is getting worse with time. The athletes are losing their pride and what it means to play for the Indians. The Coaches are not far behind. Maybe we need to remodel the Buck Van Huss Dome again. The new football field and field house sure done wonders. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Watch what you say about coaches,Cap is sitting up on that rock pile at THS ready to pounce at anybody who says anything about a coach cause he thinks he is one also.He ain't figured out that white boys can jump and play roundball too. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Good post Mr.WaCoJaCo

Wow!!! SCience Hill must have a "gag-order" on here. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Congrats to da Hill and good luck to all Big Nine teams in the Regionals!!! GOD Bless!!!!!

Being the Science Hill advocate, I guess I should reply about last night's game. I don't think that SH played all that good; I think Tennessee High had a bad game. Tenn. High accomplished what it set out to do with respect to slowing the game down. Unfortunately, Tenn. High couldn't throw the ball in the ocean last night. I told a friend around the third quarter, Tenn. High must be shooting about 10% (I think that shot 28% for the game).

Tenn. High slowed the game and played pretty good defense. Unfortunately, they got in the slow down game and couldn't get out. The Tenn. High fans were begging the TH players to shoot the ball in the third and fourth quarter, but TH shown no sense of urgency. SH starting playing deliberately trying to extend the defense in order to open up the inside. I told my friend that SH should give the ball to TH. TH was doing a better job of stalling than SH.

Odem pretty much shut down TH best player. Odem is listed at 6'5", but I think he is taller. Given his wing span and quickness, it's hard for the smaller point guards to see anything, much less pass or shoot.

In the game that TH won against SH, TH out shot, out rebounded, and out hustled SH. SH had a terrible game, and TH did everything well. This time SH had an ok game, but TH had a terrible game.

Regardless, good luck to all the big nine teams this weekend.

The baseball board must be getting lit up. Even Tri or CAP haven't commented or given any info on the game. Oh well...... just goes to show that life is short... Love hard, play hard!!!! GOD BLess!!!!

Sadly the baseball thread is dead as well, I've been pretty run down myself. I feel there isn't much left to hammer out at this point. It's put up or shut up time now, you lose you go home. The outcomes speak for themselves, save a complete meltdown by the officials that costs a team, or a brawl; which we know both can happen.

Region 1-AAA Tournament

Quarterfinals

D1 #1 Science Hill

D2 #4 Morristown West

2/28, 7:00 pm @ Science Hill

D2 #2 Jefferson Co.

D1 #3 Dobyns Bennett

2/28, 7:00 pm @ Jefferson Co.

D2 #1 Morristown East

D1 #4 Sullivan South

2/28, 7:00 pm @ Morristown East

D1 #2 Tennessee High

D2 #3 Cocke Co.

2/28, 7:00 pm @ Tennessee High

Wow, that was some ugly basketball last night thanks to the Vikings and Rebels. Too bad D-B and the Hill is on the same side of the region bracket because I think they are the two best teams. Good luck to all of district 1. I think they will win at least 3 of 4.

I thought the games were pretty entertaining last night. In the DB and South game it was almost like watching the And One team playing a pick up team for an exhibition. The Indians took turns showing off their talents against a way over manned group of Rebels. The second game was more like a chess game than it was basketball. Cutlip is a smart coach. He knows (just like others) that on most nights the key to stopping THS is to stop Young. The difference between he and the other coaches is that he is willing to throw two and three defenders at Corey knowing that the other Vikings on the floor will 9 times out of 10 just stand there and watch the show.You would think that Witcher would set up something that would allow Corey to come off a pick instead of having to break the defender down every time to create space for a shot??¦because you??™re not going to go around a player like Odem off the dribble very often without a little help.

...In the DB and South game it was almost like watching the And One team playing a pick up team for an exhibition. The Indians took turns showing off their talents against a way over manned group of Rebels...

I agree with this assessment wholeheartedly. I would comment on the Tennessee High and Science Hill game but I went home to study for an exam after the Dobyns Bennett game. I did listen to the radio broadcast, however.

Also, is it me, or does it seem like the $40 some have payed for a tricitiessports.com membership isn't/hasn't been worth it? I've been disappointed.

My GOD!!! The dead has arisen!!!!! Welcome back to the Big Nine board fellas. Please tell me that you (CAP) will be on here next year even without your kids gone from THS. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I thought the games were pretty entertaining last night. In the DB and South game it was almost like watching the And One team playing a pick up team for an exhibition. The Indians took turns showing off their talents against a way over manned group of Rebels. The second game was more like a chess game than it was basketball. Cutlip is a smart coach. He knows (just like others) that on most nights the key to stopping THS is to stop Young. The difference between he and the other coaches is that he is willing to throw two and three defenders at Corey knowing that the other Vikings on the floor will 9 times out of 10 just stand there and watch the show.You would think that Witcher would set up something that would allow Corey to come off a pick instead of having to break the defender down every time to create space for a shot??¦because you??™re not going to go around a player like Odem off the dribble very often without a little help.

I don't think it broke witcher's heart to finish 2nd, to be out of the same side of the bracket as DB and the Hill. That has to be a record for neither team to call a timeout the entire game, especially Tenn Hi.