10AAA

Eaglepride00

Yes it did. But didn't they go to substate in 2001-2002. They might not have had a winning record but I remember we beat dickson on a buzzer beater from halfcourt by david stephens for 3rd place in the district tournament. And then we surprised some teams in the region and finished 2nd. And then in the substate stratford put it to us.

Correct

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rossview lost their starting center (00) as well as their starting point (the smallish white kid), while they still bring back Williams for his 7th year of eligibility as well as #34, who was a very large body. The thing with Rossview that hurt them the last two years and will probably hurt them again this year is guard play, particularly at the point, as well as perimeter shooting. Who did Kenwood lose, what were their numbers and position? I saw them 2 or 3 times last year, but I never got any names.

I know that they lost the little pointguard, the light skinned post guy(25) and one of the wings(24). They will be young this year with a talented sophomore class. They will be relying on some kids that havent seen the floor before. But if those young guys can rise to the challenge they could be very good. (Big if though) I have seen several of the young ones playing in aau.

It's not just a 1 man show. Springfield is always going to have athletes. He has some players to go wioth him. Even if it was just him. He is good enough to take a game over and beat you by himself. Ask Northeast and Clarksville last year.

I think Springfield is returning all their starters from a year ago. They will contend for the district title this year.

Dickson should be ok, but I wouldn't expect them to be in the top four. Losing Primm and Bell really hurt, as they were probably the top two scorers for them last season.

As for Springfield, they could certainly contend for a district title, but Stanton has got to get some help from the other players around him. I just don't know if they have the inside game to compete with Rossview and Northeast.

Dickson should be ok, but I wouldn't expect them to be in the top four. Losing Primm and Bell really hurt, as they were probably the top two scorers for them last season.

As for Springfield, they could certainly contend for a district title, but Stanton has got to get some help from the other players around him. I just don't know if they have the inside game to compete with Rossview and Northeast.

I'd be shocked if Dickson wasn't last or last runner-up. Everything they did offensively and defensively revolved around Primm, and with their aforementioned loss of Bell as well, I don't see anything there, outside of a couple of big bodies, to build around. Of course, last year most thought Springfield was going to be cellar dwellers and we know how that turned out. Unfortunately for the Cougars, however, I don't recall seeing a Corey Stanton look alike on their roster anywhere.

Northwest fan perhaps?

Yea, Wishful thinking. They probably have the athletes and talent to be in the top 4 but with a completely new staff and new system I just dont know if they will have enough time but when the tournament comes around I could see them getting to the region. But I'm not ready to count Clarksville out. They dont have much coming back but those kids know how to win...That carries alot of weight especially when dealing with a district that hasnt seen much overall success from any other teams but Clarksville.

Here's my prediction

1.rossview

2.northeast

3.springfield

4.northwest

5.kenwood

6.clarksville

7.henry co.

8.dickson co.

Although this not a scientific prediction here is my stab at the rankings.

1. Springfield

2.Northeast/Rossview

3.Henry County will contend in the top 4 mark my words

4.Northwest

5. CLarksville

6.Kenwood

7.Dickson Co.

Springfield is going to be a bear to play with all of their returning players.

Northeast is well coached and are bringing back Alderson who is at least a 3 star player on the National scene.

Rossview has some nice post players but will need to find the guards to get Williams the ball often

Henry County will go deep into the football playoffs which will hurt the B'ball team but once those guys get back look out after Christmas!!!!

NW descent athletes but new coach new system give em a year or two

Clarksville has lost alot the past two years time to rebuild

Kenwood is well.... Kenwood

Dickson Co is going to be lost without Primm and Bell. I completely agree with the Professa on that statement.

So what does everyone think about this attempt at a prediction?