Ooltewah vs Farragut

VOID70

hahahah...ur logic is hilarious!! it was a playaction pass that was so wide open, he had to hurry up the play action!! hahah first it was offensive strategy websites, now this!! really!?!?!? check his other 15 TD passes on there and the 10+ rushing TDs and tell me what you find /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You??™re an Idiot to think that is not a Big Key Read for a Defense. Go back and watch his right leg, but again you are probably just a spectator of football and really don??™t understand how to find key reads in football thanks for playing though.

He does it every time..............with the fake going to the RB on his right.

http://farragutfootball.com/varsity_video_central_08.htm

video 8

must be in a hurry a lot

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch Reese Browning??™s Right Leg this will tell if the play is a pass or rush along with other noticeable keys.

Watch Video 1 & 4

http://farragutfootball.com/varsity_video_bradley_08.htm

Hey Sergeant..that is so cool...have you told any of the coaches that /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey Sergeant..that is so cool...have you told any of the coaches that /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have watch tape of your game with William Blount and a few other teams and you guys have alot of ways to tell what you are running with your offense. William Blount runs pretty much the same defense as we run. From the lineman, to the tightend, how you flake your receivers, when your in shotgun with one running, I can go on. It does not matter if Ooltewah was number 1 in the state right now because you will not know who the number 1 team in the state is till after the state champship game. There is alot of football left to be played. The team you guys lost to Mapplewood was a 4 -a school and we scrimmage Marryville they were 4-a school and if you want to know how that went Maryville -1 scored onces and Farragut -1 scored once and kick a field goaled.(Maryville first team -7 Farragut first team 10). You guys lost to Mapplewood and learned from it and we learned from the William Blount game. This game is going to be won by the team that wants it the most and makes the least amount of mistakes bottom line. Good luck to the Owls.

you cant really compare teams in scrimmages because as most of us know, coaches dont open up their playbook to win a scrimmage in august. but would i like to see farragut play maryville for real this season, YEAH, it would be a great game. but back to this game against OOLTEWAH. this game will be won by the team who can establish the run. both defenses have played great against the run this year, but farragut has been hurt by the big play downfield the last two weeks. the reason i say the run game is so important this friday is because that team will have an advantage in time of possession and field position. and both teams have shown that they can score on defense as well as special teams so the run game is the deciding factor. i dont know who will win it but it will be by 7 points or less and probably scored in the 20's. good luck to both teams and safe travel to everyone going.

ok...three plays? look at the heritage game and the other and u will see. and if he gives it away so much, then why does he always complete the pass for either a touchdown or a big gain? Reese is one of the best high school quarterbacks i have ever seen at running the play action pass... HIS FAKES ARE SICK!!!!! check out the one against WB from the I-formation...can u say D-I-R-T-Y!

you cant really compare teams in scrimmages because as most of us know, coaches dont open up their playbook to win a scrimmage in august. but would i like to see farragut play maryville for real this season, YEAH, it would be a great game. but back to this game against OOLTEWAH. this game will be won by the team who can establish the run. both defenses have played great against the run this year, but farragut has been hurt by the big play downfield the last two weeks. the reason i say the run game is so important this friday is because that team will have an advantage in time of possession and field position. and both teams have shown that they can score on defense as well as special teams so the run game is the deciding factor. i dont know who will win it but it will be by 7 points or less and probably scored in the 20's. good luck to both teams and safe travel to everyone going.

Hey someone on here knows a little about football instead of who's going to blow who out. I watched the Mapplewood game on wazoo and you guys ran three or four different kinds of offense Wing-t, etc and you are right about the running game who ever can get it going first will probably win this game and don't turn the ball over. I know everybody is saying you guys blowout William Blount and we came back to win being down 13 to them but I was glad we were in one of those types of games to see how our kids would handle it before we played you guys and YES I was a little worried there for awhile but Farragut players never got nervous and they handle it pretty good. Came out the second half and we got the ball first and took it 80 yards to score. Good luck to you guys to.

Can't want to get to Ooltewah great high school football atomsphere down there and you also have GREAT FANS.

Source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FIH/is_/ai_n18616681

Thanks for the coaching clinic on the 3-5-3. Seems to me it is just the old 5-3 stack where you just x stunt and play a 3 deep secondary. The only change is the D ends dropped off into the flat so that is covered pre snap. One idea offensively against it is to run a two TE formation or unbalanced and just run it until they adjust up to the formation and then go play action out of the same formations. If running works out of two TE'S or unbalanced formation and they do not adjust then just keep on running the ball. When they adjust up to the formation then run play action or bootlegs to keep them off balance. The 3-5-3 was just for offenses spreading out recievers and running backs to get defenses to get off the line scrimmage. When a defense runs a balanced defense the offenses need to be unbalanced to get an advantage, but what do I know.

The 3-5-3: the new defense sweeping the south!

Coach and Athletic Director, Dec, 2003 by Steve Blanchard

E-mail Print Link Coaches, are you looking for a way to distract the offense before and after the snap? Everybody is, of course. Our recommendation? Try the 3-5-3 alignment. It could be just what you have been looking for--a way to create doubt in the minds of the offensive blockers and:

1. Create doubt for the QB on his coverage reads after receiving the snap.

2. Drop eight people into coverage or rush all eight at the same time.

3. Allow the LB's and SS's to constantly move in and out of the LOS.

4. Never let the offense know for sure who is rushing and who is dropping into coverage.

5. Great for every situation we play--vs running teams, passing teams, and even on the goal-line.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

You need only three down linemen: So think about the speed you can put on the field. Think you will be undersized? Just think how frustrating it will be for that offensive lineman to hit a fast-moving target.

The alignment of the down linemen never changes. They are always headup technique players. We will, however, move the linemen on the snap. In the base defense:

The nose plays straight-ahead and the tackles loop outside.

The linebackers always stack behind the down linemen at 4 to 5 yards depth. Think how hard it will be to draw up blocking schemes for a stacked defense!

The SS's alignment is basically 2X7 vs a TE and 4X7 vs a SE with feet parallel and a 45-degree shoulder tilt toward the QB.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

The corners align inside 1X 9 from the #1 receiver with a 45-degree angle to the QB.

[iLLUSTRATION OMITTED]

The FS will align strong-side "A" gap 12 yards deep with feet parallel.

This defense is really a disguised Gap 8. The front eight all have gap responsibilities. In the base defense the nose will have one "A" gap and the MLB will have the other "A" gap, depending on the blocking scheme.

The outside linebackers will have the "B" gap to their side.

The tackles will have the "C" gap to their side.

The SS's will be responsible for the "D" gap to their side.

Versus the run, the front eight play their gap responsibilities.

Versus the veer, MLB and F/S play Dive, QB, to Pitch.

The front will react to pressure keys.

The nose must force a double team.

The tackles cannot get cut off.

The linebackers must read and react with no false steps.

The SS's read their keys and must never get out-leveraged! They will slow play the QB but are responsible for the pitch.

The secondary's base coverage is cover 3. They must be able to read and break on the ball. The F/S must play with intelligence and be a sure tackler.

Versus the pass in the base defense (see diagram), we will drop eight people into coverage.

The nose is responsible for a push up the middle while looking for the "screen" or "draw."

The two tackles are responsible for contain rush on the QB.

The MLB has the middle zone.

The two OLB's have the hook/curl zones to their side. The two SS's have the flat zone to their side.

The two corners have the deep third to their side, and the FS has the deep middle zone.

Your players will love this defense, and so will you. Because this is a balanced defense, the offense has no choice but to run to the strong side; they are out-numbered on the weak side.

If the opponents run a balanced offense, you must find their tendencies and work from there. It is almost impossible to trap because of the threat of the linebackers running through and tackling the back in the backfield. Offensive coordinators just hate when that happens.

There are only a few ways to attack this defense, so you can basically work on the same plays every week. The base defense has a multitude of stunts, pressures, and coverages built into it.

The only limitation to this defense is your imagination. You can bring one or you can bring them all! Just remember that all front eight players are responsible for their own gap and make sure your coverage corresponds to how many people you bring, and you will be sound!

This is a toughie to pick. I can't decide who wins this one. It will come down to whoever has the ball last. That AdmiralMan is a bit crazy. Probably some old man who thinks he's up to date on his football. Some of the stuff he is saying is just NOT true. Are you gonna be at the game AdmiralMan, I would like to meet up with you and talk about some football.

Tpoole said it best..........gotta be balanced on offense. It ll be a good game, but it should be the the Owls hands down if they could utilize their athletes instead of catering to their weakness. I dont know if there s a answer for the offense busting it wide open but at least they could try and give some different looks. I ll say it s a toss up and somebody will win with the kicking game late.

Everybody needs to go back and read Tpooles post it s the best on here yet. (1 st page) Does antbody know if there s gonna be 2 transfers comimg in to Ooltewah? One from Tyner and one from Red Bank.....both are sophmore receivers?

Everybody needs to go back and read Tpooles post it s the best on here yet. (1 st page) Does antbody know if there s gonna be 2 transfers comimg in to Ooltewah? One from Tyner and one from Red Bank.....both are sophmore receivers?

No,two LEFT:1 went to tyner and the other went to red bank,one w/ football,the other for baseball.One other kid transfered to Ooltewah was a big Linemen,but went to Brainerd high school,instead.

I will agree with you on this. Now I love to talk about high school football and the pros and cons that go with it especially in big games. I have seen Ooltewah play several times over the years and the QB you guys had in 2006 was a really good QB and you guys had a realy good running back. Last year Brady started off a little ruff against us but the second half he looked pretty good throwing the ball and did a good job of getting you guys back in the game. This year I have seen a few games you guys have played and he is a good looking kid strong arm, and has good size but his timing is off a little bit when he throws it. Got remember one thing about high school players they are just kids playing this game and when they get a little confidence in them its amazing what they can do. Now there is no doubt you guys have a good defense this year good speed and size and play hard and we a going to have our hands full with you guys.

I know you guys have read a few things about what I have said about this Farragut team and Farragut teams in the past but I will tell you this this Farragut team is a more balance football team then teams in the past. Balance does not mean more talented or what ever you want to call it. To me it means unity play together does not have a super star if the running game is not working that great they will throw the ball to help open up the running a little bit through out the game and they play hard even when they are down and don't sweat the small tuff. Browning kid is the real deal and we have some good running backs. We have had 2 starter receivers hurt the past two weeks and we will be getting then back this week. Well one played a little but was not 100 percent the other did not play at all.

Defensively they are not as big as some of the past Farragut teams have been but they make up for there size is quickness and they are all a very strong unit (what I mean by strong is lifting weights) play with alot of heart.

All I know is this is going to be a GREAT football game and the team that wants it the most will win. Good luck to both teams.

BIG TIME TEAMS SHINE IN BIG TIME GAMES WHICH TEAM WILL SHINE IN THIS ONE.