Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

Ole Dad

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to hearing the" Turtle" version of events from tonight . Let's hear how It's everyone's fault except Stanton Stevens . I think I remember someone earlier this year comparing Stevens to the coach from " Remember the Titans " . What a JOKE . The Stanton Stevens version of that movie would be " Remember the Fightin " !

If it wasn't for all of you racist Oak Ridgers Stanton Stevens would be undefeated for his entire tenure at Oak Ridge. He didn't get a fair shot. Heck, how can you complain about him going 17-14 over the past three seasons? He just doesn't have the players. He's rebuilding. They haven't learned his system yet. Go long....we are throwning the fade.

Bailey and Green and Carringer should get fired first for allowing this to happen. They are all a bunch of chickens and hide from the fans.

Ram Dad

Ram Dad

???That??™s not a knife, this is a knife???. Crocodile Dundee or Tom Bailey?

I look forward to hearing the" Turtle" version of events from tonight . Let's hear how It's everyone's fault except Stanton Stevens . I think I remember someone earlier this year comparing Stevens to the coach from " Remember the Titans " . What a JOKE . The Stanton Stevens version of that movie would be " Remember the Fightin " !

Ole Dad, I find it interesting that some people think it is just a handful of you on Coacht hammering the man, BUT when an OWL fan says there is no more than 500 Ridgers at a home game and a few dozen left at the end of the game. Something is going on and it runs deep in your High School and community. I see it pretty simple. The people voted tonight. All sports are important but Oak Ridge football is the Flag Ship. Hope you work it out in nuclear city.

A count of fans before the game made from the press box totalled 91 fans on the Oak Ridge side of the field. That number swelled to about 200 before the fans started leaving. It will take years to correct the damage to the program done by Bailey's Hitler like selection of Stanton Stevens as coach over the objections of the selection committee he organized. Afterwards he fell on the sword many times as Stevens embarrassed the program for his off field antics while many fans who noticed the lack of committment, preparation, devotion and knowledge were a bright red flag of things to come. Well, now the things we predicted have come to pass. I fill like I have ESPN or something.

Didn't Bailey just give Stevens tenure dispite the fact he was on double secret probation for cursing, fighting and misappropriating funds?

Ram Dad

Ole Dad, I find it interesting that some people think it is just a handful of you on Coacht hammering the man, BUT when an OWL fan says there is no more than 500 Ridgers at a home game and a few dozen left at the end of the game. Something is going on and it runs deep in your High School and community. I see it pretty simple. The people voted tonight. All sports are important but Oak Ridge football is the Flag Ship. Hope you work it out in nuclear city.

LOD, According to lots of posters on here Oak Rige's problems are all caused by their fans being racists. What the Riverdale excuse?

Ram Dad

Looks like CSI needs to send someone over to exhamie the dead bodies at OR AND R'dale!

"Turn out the lights, the partys overrrrrrrrr"

I feel sorry for Oak Ridge,especially the players,they played their BUTTS-OFF!!! You could tell they had a couple of real good football players.I can say this from an outsiders veiw,there was NO COACHING from what,I saw. Now granted,alot of passes were dropped,but that had nothing to do with the atmosphere of the whole stadium or players.The stands were completly empty.It was SENIOR NIGHT and a school that large could only muster up a few fans.What a JOKE!!!! I hope everthing gets going up there,but unless you all get a big name coach or something,it will take a while to get fans to come back,there. GOOD LUCK and MY hat is off for your players and the few parents that did show up and cheer for your team. GO OWLS the rest of the way...beat soddy!!!

Oak Ridge is averaging 19 points a game on offense this year. Lussier??™s last season his team averaged 42 points a game against much stronger competition. When Bailey hired Stevens he was touting him as the coach who would bring a new high powered offense to Oak Ridge and get all the players that were ignored by Lussier to come out for football. Now we have half as many players as when Lussier coached and are scoring 40% as many points. Where is Bailey when you need him?

Ram Dad

Total offense: Ooltewah - 560 (all rushing), Oak Ridge- 137, Matthew Polk 30 carries-268 Yards, 2 TD's; Eric Green 4 carries-85 yards, 1 TD; Brady Reed 7 carries- 55 yards, 2 TD's. The key stat though, Ooltewah only threw 1 pass tonight (and no we are not an option team).

LOD, According to lots of posters on here Oak Rige's problems are all caused by their fans being racists. What the Riverdale excuse?

Ram Dad

They keep saying the 'talent pool' has dried up due to the new schools. Thing is they were in existance when we were winning also. The talent is there and in fact it is growing as this end of the county is growing as fast or faster than the other parts. They also claim it is lack of discipline. And on and on and on. The only thing I do know is we are not winning anymore and it hqas been a steady decline since we got the current Coach and his WingT system.

Coach A is a GOOD Coach and works VERY hard, but the kids are not scared of him the way they were of Rankin. While I don't think this is the key thing, a little fear is a great motivator.

I do know the WingT is NOT a good catch up game plan, especially with little or no passing. We pass so little our linemen do not know how to properly pass block and it showed last week at Wilson Central. Our QB was literally running for his life the whole time when we had to go to the pass.

I saw this coming. I go to a lot of OR practices and it's a sad excuse for a football team. I blame the kids, the parents, and especially the coaches. The kids don't have any discipline, they don't want to win it seems. Most are just there to say they're on the football team and there are a lot that would quit and not care one bit. The only reason they haven't is because they get to play. They don't care about the Oak Ridge football legacy, which I was a part of. There's no strong leadership, players and coaches included. There's not one guy that everyone listens to and can take charge. I've seen guys try, but other guys tell them to shut up. It's sad really.

Then we get to the coaches who I firmly believe are completely incompetent. There are maybe 3 guys on that staff who are qualified to be there....the rest are jokers. As I said, I go watch practices and the coaches are content to stand around and shoot the breeze while the kids half-butt their drills. As I said, it's pathetic to watch. I've seen coaches recently explaining concepts to players that should have been drilled into their brains in July! They let them do everything the wrong way in practice and when the game comes around, they wonder why on earth the players are doing things the wrong way. Nevermind the fact that the playbook (which was never actually given to the players) looks like it was written by a Boys Club coach. I have a copy of it sitting in my office and I laughed when I read it. Set aside the fact that the playbook is garbage (which I've heard isn't really being followed closely anyway), it's not even the right offense for the players they have. I've never heard of a coaching staff do such a poor job.

I think blame should also be placed on the parents and the community. As bad as Stevens has been, the community/parents hasn't helped the team out by constantly bad mouthing him. I don't like the guy anymore than any of you, but the players aren't going to play for a guy they think is a joke (I've heard those exact words used by multiple players on multiple occasions). While it's Stanton's job to establish himself as the leader, the parents and community need to back him, at least in front of the players. If they hear mom or dad ragging on him or alumni ragging on him and saying he's done a crappy job then the players will believe that are going to think that way. In front of the kids or in places where the kids can read stuff, support the guy. You don't have to say wonderful things, just don't tear him down. That kind of stuff is part of the reason these kids don't want to play for him. Maybe they figure it out for themselves but they don't need that seed of doubt planted in their head. Having said that, Stanton should have been a strong enough leader to overcome stuff like that and prove himself to his kids. He hasn't proven squat. Plain and simple.

All in all, it's a mess. It won't be hard to bring the team out of the mess though, they just need the right coach. There is a coach I KNOW could do it. I won't say his name but he's doing well over at Catholic right now.