Class 1A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Ya'll scored 7 on Boyd,i guess you didnt struggle

Not really, lets see we have put the mercy rule into effect 16 times in the last 23 games pretty impressive huh? Boyd was a good team...better than i expected...I am just saying the Blake kid is a great athlete but when he plays the tougher competition he has yet to come out as a victor. He does have stats but stats can be misleading from time to time and I know from personal experience last year from the beat down we gave Grace how many times they throw the ball and stop the clock so he should have that many passing yards thats all I am saying.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preston Gilbreath of mount pleasant

6'5 245 DL & TE I think has been impressive since his fr. yr

He has started since his freshman year. He is regularly double and triple teamed and finds a way into the back field. Played 3 quarters of football with a severly broken hand against Moore County. Wouldn't let the trainer look at it til after the game. Then went and had a pin a plate and 8 screws put in the hand. Tough kid.

Now is your one and only chance to convince me, and several other voters who will be reading this, who the Mr. Football Lineman, Back, and Kicker should be:

I must return the ballot by November 3rd.

Negative remarks will do nothing to help your candidate!

QB from Greenback

Bunky Vanskiver

3.4 TD passes per game

Has led Greenback to an undefeated season so far when last year they went 2-8.

Boy I bet coacht is glad someone on here knows who the "REAL" candidates are. You picked one player east of Crossville and he's from SP. Granted that would be a GREAT pick for Mr. Football but it sounds like you havent seen anyone outside west TN. play. I wouldn't pretend to be an expert and put a player on my list listed as ??? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

if you split the state into three sections I picked...

East - Jones/South Pitt, Blake/GBA

Middle - Tummins/McEwen, Wilson/Eagleville, RB from TC

West - King/Manassas, Speed/Union City

I think that someone's feelings were hurt because I didn't add a Region 1 or 2, excuse me Greenback or Oneida player in on the list... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not really, lets see we have put the mercy rule into effect 16 times in the last 23 games pretty impressive huh? Boyd was a good team...better than i expected...I am just saying the Blake kid is a great athlete but when he plays the tougher competition he has yet to come out as a victor. He does have stats but stats can be misleading from time to time and I know from personal experience last year from the beat down we gave Grace how many times they throw the ball and stop the clock so he should have that many passing yards thats all I am saying.

I understand what you are saying but even against Boyd he rushed for 98 yards. He only had 2 td passes and 108 yards passing. That is down for him. The only team that has contained Josh is Boyd but even then he still rushed for almost as many yards as David Jones.

Jacob Carkuff....... Senior 3 year starter at QB for the Cascade Champions

Career record as starter........27-4

His team is currently 8-0 and ranked 6th in the state in the latest AP poll.

His current stats for this season:

Passing stats: 55 of 88 for 924 yards__ 17 TD passes to 3 interceptions completion percentage of 62.5% Longest TD pass this season was 66 yards.

Rushing stats: 42 carries for 232 yards. 4 TD's rushing.. Longest run of season 37 yards.

He also has 2 interceptions in spot duty as a cornerback.

Some may have better stats, but you have a gauge a player by his teams success when we are discussing QB's and his record speaks for itself!

Here is a link to all of Jacob's Seasonal Stats for your viewing, CoachT.....This kid was a preseason all state and is definitely worthy of your consideration!

Jacob Carkuff QB of the Cascade Champions 2008 Stats!

I agree. You'd have a tough time finding a better 1A player than this kid. His numbers won't measure up to some of the other QB's but they are still very impressive. You have to gauge a QB, by his importance to his team. Cascade would in all likelihood be hovering around the 500 mark without this kid. They've had several close games this season and having a senior leader of this caliber has them undefeated and sitting at number six in the state. That in itself should be worth consideration.

1. His stats prove he is a nominee...no one said he is the winner yet but with his numbers, he deserves to be nominated.

2. Put him on a team like SP and he will dominate even more (not saying he is better). SP has great players at every position, especially O line, to provide blocking. Grace hasn't been known to have the biggest and baddest of lines. And BTW, looking back at the Boyd game, his stats weren't too bad against Boyd, but like y'all, Boyd has great players at all positions and did a great job defending us.

I would nominate both linebackers from Jo Byrns:

Dylan Fleming (#5, 6'-2" 185lbs) is a 3-year starter for Jo Byrns and plays with a lot of heart. He has a ton of tackles this year but unfortunately Jo Byrns hasn't reported their defensive stats this year so I don't have complete stats. I'm sure Coach Adkins at Jo Byrns can get you complete stats. He plays sideline to sideline! I'll also mention that he played along side one of last years Mr. Football finalist Aaron Yates.

Isaac Bourne (#32 5'-10") has some of the same qualities as Dylan and in addition he has somewhat of a compelling story. He has been projected to be a starter for Jo Byrns the past 3 years but has blown out his knee the previous 2 years. This year (his senior year) he has remained healthy and is having a very good year at linebacker. In my opinion, when you combine his success on the field with the never-give-up attitude he has demonstrated, he makes a great case to be nominated.

Both players are part of a defense that is giving up a little less than 9 points per game. Jo Byrns is also 8-0.

i'm with moto on this one both are great players and hardworkers

Yes, I remember the game quite well and if the stats on him from the Boyd game are true, then I would love to have those stats and be considered a down game for him. Of course I'm sure he would definitely say that also because we ended up with an L that game.

The point is, his stats are impressive enough to be considered for Mr. Football and be on the ballot. No one is saying Jones or anyone from SP doesn't deserve it. They are a GREAT team who played some great non conference games, and won, and still have great stats. But when a QB can rush for almost 1000 yards, might get there this week, and 12+ rushing TD's and then throw for over a 1000 with a 23/1 TD/INT ratio, that is impressive. Some of the teams they play aren't the best, but they still have good atheletes that Josh must get past.

I'll say this, obviously if I had the vote I would give it to Josh, but if I had to vote someone else, I would still pick Jones despite the fact that he gets runs taken away SP destroying other schools. I've watched him play and he is a hard down hill runner.