IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

RAIDERRAY ONLY YOU WOULD MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THAT

Wow, my comment was not made as a slam, it was a question, pure and simple. Player's (and parent's) have to make the choices that they think are best at that moment. I have respect for every organization that you mentioned, Select, Trotters, etc. Anybody that will spend their time assisting young people in getting better, and/or exposing thier players to better opportunities (college), gets my support. The Select have become, in a short time, a very solid organization. If you read today's Knox News, you would have noticed that 4 Select ladies signed with colleges yesterday. My congradulations to all of them, especially Lauren Lyke.

This is supposed to be a HS thread, so I will leave it at that. As for Ms Acuff, I only hope all the best for her, at Grainger, in AAU wherever that leads her, and on to college, if that what she wants to do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trottercoach is a good coach and even better person. He, like a lot of AAU coaches, has also given up his summers and social life to help these kids reach their goals and potential. Kids change teams all the time- it's part of it. KGC is a great situation but many times parents are fed a line of promises and the player moves to another team because of these promises. Miss Acuff will be noticed no matter who she plays with- she's a player.

Anyway, I thought the Trotters WERE the Select/Flight- or the other way around?

Spoken in third person? Doen't sound like an Angel to me.

[/quote

I am a third person and if you're referencing " Angel" as to her mom boy you're off on that one. My name just might be deceiving as bballMOMMA. I will say i'm affilated with Grainger County but not a parent of any student playing in any county. Heck if we wanted everyone to know who we are then we'd all use our own names now wouldn't we.

Wow, my comment was not made a a slam, it was a question, pure and simple. Player's (and parent's) have to make the choices that they think are best at that moment. I have respect for every organization that you mentioned, Select, Trotters, etc. Anybody that will spend their time assisting young people in getting better, and/or exposing thier players to better opportunities (college), gets my support. The Select have become, in a short time, a very solid organization. If you read today's Knox News, you would have noticed that 4 Select ladies signed with colleges yesterday. My congradulations to all of them, especially Lauren Lyke.

This is supposed to be a HS thread, so I will leave it at that. As for Ms Acuff, I only hope all the best for her, at Grainger, in AAU wherever that leads her, and on to college, if that what she wants to do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

raiderray,

Just to clear up a couple of things Ashlee has played on two teams prior both teams we're good for her the Trotters gave her a solid start and we appreciate all that trottercoach and the Trotters did and for KGC they pushed her to give all she had while she was on the floor thanks to Mike Capps and Robpride. Now matter what you say on here it's going to ruffle some peoples feathers and every has an opinion. Ashlee has worked hard and had to overcome some obstacles to get where she's at but with her hard work and the grace of god she'll get rewarded for it. If she's lucky enough to play college ball awesome but if she ends up @ wally high as long as she's happy i'm happy. Now for bballmomma not sure how you know so much about my child " don't take it personally but you need to either show your face or keep quiet ". Now these are words spoken from the ANGEL! Now lets play some HS bball! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No--only the upcoming 15U team is the Flight team for the Trotters. The Select is a different group entirely, but they are also sponsored by NIKE. Kind of confusing.

Wow, I am tickled that Cocke beat Webb!! I can't wait to do some ribbing!!

As stated previously, this is a high school thread, so I will be brief. Just to clear up any misconceptions. The Flight Select are Nike sponsored, have no affiliation with the Trotters (which is a fine club), and are a sister club of the Nike Flight program out of Middle Tennessee (we operate out of East TN).

Now back to the subject at hand: GOOD LUCK TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON!!!

No--only the upcoming 15U team is the Flight team for the Trotters. The Select is a different group entirely, but they are also sponsored by NIKE. Kind of confusing.

Wow, I am tickled that Cocke beat Webb!! I can't wait to do some ribbing!!

Any details on CCHS beating Webb...I've heard about this but no details really.

Impressive victory as Webb has two or three top players in East TN...congrats lady red

I dont think its a secret im a big Depew fan but ive got to tell ya it was a team effort and a lot of hustle from both teams.

The coaches are friends, there are girls on the teams that play with each other in the summers,so the competition was fierce.

This game reminded me of hs district playoof game. Girls diving to the floor for loose balls ,good defense being played

The talent of each teams starting 5 was impressive. If i saw a diffrence between the 2 teams it was bench strength for Webb.

Cocke co had a deeper bench. I know Coach Coliier will develop her bench by mid season. You cant play for her and not improve!

The game ended up with Marjorie Butler of Webb hitting a 3 just after the buzzer that would have won it.

Yes Depew and Buda did an excellant job against very talented DI signees.....i think the wild card was Jalese Pruitt(forgive my spelling)

Sarah Debusk a sophmore for Webb and Marjorie Butler a freshman are both promising young players!!!!!!

I watched this same Webb team handle a very good oliver springs team later in the day.

RAIDERRAY ONLY YOU WOULD MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THAT DIDN'T YOUR DAUGHTER COACH ONE OF THE TROTTER TEAMS. PERSONALLY I THINK ASHLEE'S PARENTS SHOULD OF MOVED HER FROM THE TROTTERS WAY BEFORE THEY DID.....DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY MR & MRS ACUFF. WHEN YOU HAVE A CHILD THAT HAS MORE POTENTIAL THAN WHAT TROTTERCOACH COULD GET OUT OF HER...NO PUNT INTENDED TROTTERCOACH BUT HOW CAN YOU FAULT ANYONE FOR IMPROVING THEMSELVES. AS ROBPRIDE SAID HAD THEY BEEN A 16U KGC I'M SURE SHE WOULD OF STILL BEEN THERE.....SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE FROM THE TROTTER ORGANZATION IS HACKED AS SHE CHOOSE THE SELECT AFTER THEY COME LOOKING FOR HER...AND YES I KNOW THAT TO BE A FACT AS I HEARD THAT ONE WITH MY OWN EARS IN MURFREESBORO AS THEY TALKED TO HER PARENTS. EVIDENTIALLY SOMEONE LIKES THAT SHE'S A "TEAM JUMPER" AS YOU SO POLITELY PUT IT SINCE SEVERAL COLLEGE'S ARE WATCHING HER AND UNLESS MY SOURCES ARE WRONG ALL ARE D1'S AND NOT SMALL ONES. ALL THESE GIRLS THAT PLAY ON AAU TEAMS AND GIVE UP THEIR SUMMERS AND SOCIAL LIVES TO REACH THEIR GOALS AND DREAMS DESERVE A PAT ON THE BACK AND A HATS OFF.

ROBPRIDE I GLAD THAT THEY ARE STILL MEN LIKE YOU AND CAPPS THAT STILL HAVE "YOUR GIRLS" BEST INTEREST AT HEART. I'VE NEVER HAD A CHILD PLAY FOR YOU GUYS BUT HAVE ADMIRED THE TALENTED YOUNG LADIES YOU'VE PRODUCED FROM YOUR ORGANZATION.

Ok I've watched quietly because quite frankly this is funny......... up until you start harming the kids future. No. 1, I have stayed friends with miss Acuff's mom since I encouraged her to take advantage of being able to be on a team like KGC and when it looked as though they would not have a team next year, I was asked if we would take her back. My answer was "of course". No. 2 Someone in the Trotter organization is not hacked off ....this is about young ladies and their futures, not a pro trade gone awry....No. 3 The Select is a good organization that is helping alot of kids........ No. 4 This is a high school thread No. 5 Anonimity is not guranteed on this board, it is not a CIA organization so....... just because you may or may not have a couple of names on here and may even argue with yourself from time to time......dont forget that college coaches and or scouts may be following progress on these threads and are intelligent people ....in other words, don't do a kid more harm than good by constantly having her name unwillingly placed in the middle of your RANTS..................NO. 6 THE IMAC IS GOING TO BE TOUGH THIS YEAR but don't count out my Hurricanes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way panther and rob arent you all afraid someone might figure out who you are /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> you should be more discreet like me /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> LOL lets have fun folks