IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

West led at half by 17. East cut lead back to 10 in 3rd and game was as close as 12, 1/3 way through 4th. West was as strong as I had imagined and actually didnt go to there bench as deep or for as many minutes as I would have thought. East handled there press pretty well and kept their offense a little confused with the match-up D. Sydney and Taylor were the difference in transition. East struggled getting back even on a few made buckets. A technical foul from Smiley of the moron three stooges that was just showman ship and Orrick fouling out was a big turn around in what was still a game. Blaylock had a surge late that was helping keep it respectable before this. They pretty much face guarded Hale after she had hit back to back 3's in the 1st quarter to put east ahead after trailing 11-6. final was a 23 point difference

East was only in the game from the time the refs threw it up until the end of the 1st quarter when the Score was 14-12. West then held East to 1 pt in the 2nd quarter. West led 30(or 28)-13 at halftime. From what I saw, Livesay was displeased with the foul called on Orrick and waved the ref off. From what I've been told by refs, coaches will automatically get t'd up for waving them off. Really don't have any negativity about the officiating as I thought they were consistant all night, which is all I ever ask. Just my 2 cents.......

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherokee turned the ball over 31 times in the game. They really struggled against the defensive pressure.

Defensive pressure was tough....deep into the 4th quarter with a 40 point lead and all the Ladyred starters pressing full court....very impressive.

This along with the coach's comments in the paper, it seems he is really trying to make an impression in IMAC!

Was last night Greene Devil win a milestone for someone? There are three pictures in the picture gallery of Coach C and Nicole holding a game ball. Just curious. Maybe it was as simple as the gameball presentation, but I have never seen newspaper coverage of that before.

There was a reference in the article about Nicole being the all time leading scorer.... did she do that last night? I mean, reach the mark last night.

She broke Megan Lyons record over the weekend at the Bristol Tourney.

Congradulations to Nicole. Considering some of the players (scorers) that have passed through Greeneville, that is quite an achievement!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yup...and she's not done yet. She's working on out-rebounding her cousin, Nakesha, who currently holds that record. It continues to be a great run for Nicole and no one deserves it more. She's a really great kid on and off the court.

East was only in the game from the time the refs threw it up until the end of the 1st quarter when the Score was 14-12. West then held East to 1 pt in the 2nd quarter. West led 30(or 28)-13 at halftime. From what I saw, Livesay was displeased with the foul called on Orrick and waved the ref off. From what I've been told by refs, coaches will automatically get t'd up for waving them off. Really don't have any negativity about the officiating as I thought they were consistant all night, which is all I ever ask. Just my 2 cents.......

well thank goodness for 2 cents........wont buy much! Livesay was waving orrick to get out and stop the ball earlier instead of reacting late...and east cut the lead to 10 in 3rd quarter(37-27) quite a bit past the tip....wanna see the tape? what you've heard and what you've been told... ha ha try watching and making your own assessments.

Defensive pressure was tough....deep into the 4th quarter with a 40 point lead and all the Ladyred starters pressing full court....very impressive.

This along with the coach's comments in the paper, it seems he is really trying to make an impression in IMAC!

Oh Stat...I got it. I was hoping someone else would bite first.

Maybe he doesn't expect to be around long enough for payback...

Oh Stat...I got it. I was hoping someone else would bite first.

Maybe he doesn't expect to be around long enough for payback...

Obviously missed the lesson on sportsmanship in his coaching class....I don't know why we would expect him to win gracefully since he obviously cannot lose that way. With the intensity his girls play at, he's just an injury or 2 away from payback....

well thank goodness for 2 cents........wont buy much! Livesay was waving orrick to get out and stop the ball earlier instead of reacting late...and east cut the lead to 10 in 3rd quarter(37-27) quite a bit past the tip....wanna see the tape? what you've heard and what you've been told... ha ha try watching and making your own assessments.

Well...I'm sure that Livesay would NEEEEEEEVER "wave off" an official...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.