IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

I understand what your saying Ray and id like to make just a few points.

The folks i talked to that were at the game said Wade benched his starters early in the 4th or it would have been a 40 point spread.

I dont think Wade is going anywhere and for a first year coach hes doing great with the girls and for that reason im inclined to give him a pass on a few goofs with the press.

Im all about good sportsmanship.....but a good old fashion butt whooping on the court sends a message.One that in my opinion was needed here.

If your not from the community (im from knoxville myself ) you probably wouldnt appreciate Elvis night or free buddys barbq promotions......but the excitement level for the program is going thru the roof.

Im not saying Wade is Bruce Pearl but the surrounding SEC fans arent endeared to him either.

Im sure Coach Galyon has his detractors but that doesnt keep him from being a good coach to his girls.

I hope you can tell in my words there is no sarcasm just letting you know my feeling on the subject.

If youd like to email me or send me a message ill tell you whats its about i just dont think its my place to elaborate because im not the one offended.

Starters backed off of the full court press during their last defensive possession before being pulled out with 3:30 remaining in the 4th quarter. At the time, Lady red were up by somewhere in the 38 to 40 point range. You are right... it was a butt whooping that got ugly and way out of hand in the 3rd qtr.

I have seen every Cocke County/Cherokee ball game for the last 5 years and I can't remember a game with more spread than 10 points during that time. So, unless your comment goes back further than that, I just don't understand your "payback" comment.

Why do you think the butt whooping was "needed"?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The folks i talked to that were at the game said Wade benched his starters early in the 4th or it would have been a 40 point spread.

May be a moot point - but for clarification purposes - I have Cocke County with a lead of 34 inside of two minutes, after leading 45-19 at the end of 3 and 55-25 at the 5 minute mark.

Carry on... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Let's get the video out. For your information, I was there and am making no assumptions from here say, got it, let's get that straight. Whine all you want, but from where I was sitting I saw the ref reporting his foul and Livesay waived him off to his face. It's not like Livesay has ever whined or waived an official off for a call he didn't like. But to do it to the refs face, come on, we all know what's coming next. To me that's showmanship of the coach. If Livesay thought they were still in the game, then it's a bonehead move on his part in getting the T......A good coach would never do that!!!

So next time you spout off, maybe you should watch the tape or know what you are talking about before making an UNBIASED assessment!!!! COACH..

watched the tape! Ref T'ed him from across court. not whinning, stating! giving West their due! Have been for a while! Didnt think we would have been in the game as long as we were!Proud of our effort! THAT SAID ....you might be able to better understand my mood in person..got it?.. Dick.

Hey Trottercoach,

Got a quick question. Is Bruce coaching the girls now? Why was Bruce standing and Livesay sittin? Heard they did that at Cocke and they made Bruce sit down.

I was told that Livesay was sick a few games ago and Ricky headed it up. Don't know why it stayed that way. May be Livesay analyzes/stratigizes and Ricky communicates....just a guess.

Hmmm--not what I have heard---I've heard Bruce has a better way with the girls--less of a yeller. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Although he wasn't that great when he was at West View.

OK, I guess I kinda fueled this fire (at least one of them), so I will attempt to get us redirected.

BIG GAME TONIGHT!!!!!

So who wins? I like West, but the game is at GreenEVILle, where I have personaly seen a boys coach allowed to coach from the center circle on the court DURING THE LAST 40 seconds of a game. So that said:

I think West wins a close one.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

By the way, Good win for East last night against Crockett! And I see that Cocke won big while Jeff fell to Pigeon Forge. Anyone attend games last night that can share thier thoughts?

Cocke County led 50-17 at halftime over GP.

Lady Red forced 32 turnovers (didnt press any the last 2.5 quarters). Starters played around 2.5 quarters.

Sprouse had 16 (all in first half) and Depew had 11 (all in the first half, 4-of-4 from the field).

Buda had 10 of the team's 21 steals.

OK, I guess I kinda fueled this fire (at least one of them), so I will attempt to get us redirected.

BIG GAME TONIGHT!!!!!

So who wins? I like West, but the game is at GreenEVILle, where I have personaly seen a boys coach allowed to coach from the center circle on the court DURING THE LAST 40 seconds of a game. So that said:

I think West wins a close one.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I say West proves why all the hype and wins at GHS by 15 Taylor and Goins double/double and Fanney keeping them moving

I say West proves why all the hype and wins at GHS by 15 Taylor and Goins double/double and Fanney keeping them moving

I say it's a close one with GHS coming out on top. I think they are going to come to play and pretty psyched up because of all the DISSing they've been subject to lately. Their difficult schedule so far will make them come out intensely FIERCE and maintain that intensity! That's my hope, anyway! GO LADY DEVILS!!!