IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im jumping thrds here. I was at the game last night and had several observations. First, West has some ball hogs in on its team. Hall said after the game that "they didn't play like a team in the first half"--first half of what, the year? I noticed at Happy Valley that Galyon doesn't use his whole team like he should. He is letting two people run his entire offense and when those two have a bad day--in other words get out of AA and A and run up against people their own size instead of staying down in AA with us--it took a whole half to get the rest of the team going.

I have kept up with West after my team's drumming at the HV tourney, watching to see if he would change his style, but he hasn't. Dickson ate Hall's lunch--Dicksn scored 29?? on her and Hall didn't score a single basket in the second half. She also turned the ball over 5 times. If it weren't for Fanney, May, and Smith, who have been almost silent all year in the face of the two hogs, they would have lost the game.

If I was the rest of the IMAC and Shelbyville at the Greenebank Classic, I would shut down Hall, which can be done as we have seen, and force Johny to try and utilize the rest of the team which hasn't been used all year. They will lose, I guarantee you.

good advice bigboi!! MORRISTOWN WEST 54 SHELBYVILLE 33

looks like the AA teams are not getting those lady trojans ready!! way to go MW good win!!

I have tried this year to not say anything on this board about the Lady Devil's coach, but today I break my silence. Crumbley is a coach that opens the door to help other teams to be successful. SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE COACHING ABILITY TO TAKE THESE GIRLS TO A CHAMPIONSHIP! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have tried this year to not say anything on this board about the Lady Devil's coach, but today I break my silence. Crumbley is a coach that opens the door to help other teams to be successful. SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE COACHING ABILITY TO TAKE THESE GIRLS TO A CHAMPIONSHIP! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I find it interesting that these type comments are now apparently coming from the inside. I have just seen the "Drama" Devils play a few times in the last couple of seasons, but saw questionable antics each time. It appeared over the top, probably embarrassed or upset some players, and did not appear to create much team camradarie or unity. The players just did not look happy and appear to be having any fun. Maybe these were isolated incidents, but I tend to agree that a team enduring such drama will be hard pressed to reach their maximum potential.

The burning question is why did Kelley sit the bench last night and can you get Burkey back? He might come if given the right incentive and girl power.

In answer to the only real burning question, I had been travelling but finally heard through the grapevine today that Kelley "tweaked" her knee in Saturday's game and is waiting on some tests to determine if it's serious. Best wishes go out to her and her family...so much potential there...hope it all works out and she is back soon.

Congrats to South Green on a great win and good luck against Wilson Central. I will eat my hat if you win!!

Oh, and fastpace, have to eat a little crow, don't you? Looks like Bigboi and Easttnmom are right after all.

Yes, I'm a little POd that we lost, no excuse in the world for it except we got our buts waxed.

Congrats to South Green on a great win and good luck against Wilson Central. I will eat my hat if you win!!

Oh, and fastpace, have to eat a little crow, don't you? Looks like Bigboi and Easttnmom are right after all.

Yes, I'm a little POd that we lost, no excuse in the world for it except we got our buts waxed.

Yes toughnut your team does have the potential to go to Murfreeboro only if your coach quits having only two dimensions - Hall and Goins. I've watched MW at the GreenBank Classic and if Hall/Goins are on, you're almost unstoppable. If those two struggle, then Gaylon can't or won't respond. We'll see and time will tell.

OK, wake up everyone!!!!!!

I know some teams are playing tonight, but there are conference games tomorrow!

Cocke County at Jefferson County

Greeneville at Morristown East

Cherokee at Morristown West

I think the most interesting game is the East/Greeneville game. East's problems are usually related to pressure on thier guards, and Greeneville has had some problems at the guard position. If Leeper can stay out of foul trouble, I think this could be a very interesting game. Especially if Kelley is out.

West wins in a walk.

Jeff County has had problems figuring out the current group of Cocke County girls for 2 years, and I don't think it will be much better tomorrow night.

IMO! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Interesting game for CCHS tomorrow at Jeff. Between an important program win over Shellbyville and with G'ville and MW the next two games at home, which could define the season, the Jeff game could be easily overlooked. Jeff apparently had a nice win over William Blount in their last game. I expect a close game, and a game that if we expect to compete with MW and G'ville, then a game we have to win. What I am most interested in seeing is, if we can build on the confidence of winning against a big name basketball program?

The Greenville Tournament gave CCHS several things: it exposed more clearly some weaknesses - interior defense and rebounding and some decision making and playing the 1st quarter. But, it also gave us some confidence of playing, playing well and winning in a big time basketball environment. While we are a very experienced basketball team, we are novices as a team at playing at that level, (yes, some individuals have played at a very high level, this team has not). I look for confidence to have an impact on our play.

One other thing I learned last week - even without Nicole, G'ville is good, with her they are better. Not big, but typical strong defense and many more options, especially off the bench, on offensive. But good is all relative. I look for some high level of basketball over the next couple of weeks in the IMAC.

Standings

Morristown West 3-0

Cocke County 2-1

Greeneville 2-1

Jefferson County 2-1

Morristown East 0-3

Cherokee 0-3

Morristown West is the #4 ranked team (tied with Oak Ridge) in the initial AP Poll of the season.

Class AAA

1. Memphis Central (8) 12-1 105

2. Riverdale (2) 13-2 85

3. Hillsboro 10-1 76

4. Morristown West 12-1 62

4. Oak Ridge 13-2 62

6. Wilson Central (1) 12-3 61

7. Millington 15-2 51

8. Mt. Juliet 13-1 33

9. White Station 14-2 20

10. Brentwood 12-2 16

Interesting game for CCHS tomorrow at Jeff. Between an important program win over Shellbyville and with G'ville and MW the next two games at home, which could define the season, the Jeff game could be easily overlooked. Jeff apparently had a nice win over William Blount in their last game. I expect a close game, and a game that if we expect to compete with MW and G'ville, then a game we have to win. What I am most interested in seeing is, if we can build on the confidence of winning against a big name basketball program?

The Greenville Tournament gave CCHS several things: it exposed more clearly some weaknesses - interior defense and rebounding and some decision making and playing the 1st quarter. But, it also gave us some confidence of playing, playing well and winning in a big time basketball environment. While we are a very experienced basketball team, we are novices as a team at playing at that level, (yes, some individuals have played at a very high level, this team has not). I look for confidence to have an impact on our play.

One other thing I learned last week - even without Nicole, G'ville is good, with her they are better. Not big, but typical strong defense and many more options, especially off the bench, on offensive. But good is all relative. I look for some high level of basketball over the next couple of weeks in the IMAC.

Thanks ladyredfan, that's all I've been trying to say for the last couple of years and can't seem to get an "AMEN". We will see what the Lady Devils are made of soon enough because I'm pretty sure they are without starter Brianna Kelley for a few weeks at least due to an injury in the Classic. She is a top scorer and a defensive leader on the team but fortunately we are well-rounded and have a very talented bench. No ONE player does it for Greeneville...they are a TEAM in every sense of the word. Sure they are even better with Dickson and Kelley but all those girls have the ability and talent to get the job done or they wouldn't be on the team to begin with.

CCHS was very impressive in the tournament. It's great "big time" experience as you say. Good luck this week, except Friday. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />