IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

This week's AP Poll is out. Morristown West continues its climb, nearing the top spot...

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Memphis Central (8) 15-1 145 1

2. Morristown West (6) 18-1 143 3

3. Hillsboro (1) 15-1 135 2

4. Oak Ridge (1) 16-2 124 4

5. Wilson Central 15-3 104 6

6. Millington (1) 19-2 93 7

7. Mt. Juliet 16-2 61 5

8. White Station 17-2 41 9

9. Clarksville (1) 17-1 36 -

10. Walker Valley 19-2 22 -

Others receiving 12 or more points: Cocke County 20, White County 19, Riverdale 15.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week's AP Poll is out. Morristown West continues its climb, nearing the top spot...

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Memphis Central (8) 15-1 145 1

2. Morristown West (6) 18-1 143 3

3. Hillsboro (1) 15-1 135 2

4. Oak Ridge (1) 16-2 124 4

5. Wilson Central 15-3 104 6

6. Millington (1) 19-2 93 7

7. Mt. Juliet 16-2 61 5

8. White Station 17-2 41 9

9. Clarksville (1) 17-1 36 -

10. Walker Valley 19-2 22 -

Others receiving 12 or more points: Cocke County 20, White County 19, Riverdale 15.

West is a very talented team..Hall is a great player and she has a solid Pg and 3 pt shooters to go with her. Very dangerous and difficult team to contented with. They also play really good defense. CCHS can beat West if they cut down on the turnovers, hit their easy shots beside the basket, and act like they know how to play offense without Buda or Alex trying to drive it in. CCHS has three solid post players who need to step it up if this team is going to make noise in the conference tournament and possibly the state tournament. West is going to beat CCHS a majority of the times because they are just simply more talented and athletic. IF CCHS executed we could beat them though.

Officiating is terrible in the IMAC. It's been bad in basically every game I've watched. Nothing is going to change about that apparently, so teams will just have to outplay the other team and the refs to make sure they win games.

I'm surprised, in a good way. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The overall talent in the IMAC has went to another level this year, as some of the teams have been competing with some of the state powerhouses. Seems like such a difference in just one year.

Are many of the kids involved in Summer Programs? If so which kids are with which programs?

Okay--here is what I know which isn't much:

S. Goins from Mo West--Tennessee Flight Select

T. Hall from Mo West--Memphis Elite (won Nationals last yr)

K. Smith from Mo West--Tennessee Flight Trotters

L. Hall from Mo West-- Tennessee Flight Trotters

A. Jones from Mo West-- Tennessee Trotters

S. May--from Mo West Tennessee flight Select (pretty sure but not 100% sure)

M. Fanney--from Mo West Lady Trotters last year To be determined this yr

Lacy Miller from Jeff Co--Tennessee Flight Trotters

Whitney Kyle from Jeff Co--Tennessee Flight Trotters

N. Dickson from Gville--Flight Navy last yr probably Flight Silver this yr

Hale from M East--Lady Trotters

Jr. Sidney Goins- M. West

Jr. Shelby May-M. West

Sr. Courtney Lewis- Cocke Co.

Sr. Alex Suggs- Cocke Co.

So. Casey Ryans- Cherokee

Fr. Lindsee Price- Cherokee

Fr. Christina Maddox-Cherokee

Fr. Brittany Johnson-Cherokee

Sr. Jordan Batey- Jeff. Co

Sr. Lauren Lyke- Jeff. Co

Sr. Chelsea Whiteside- Jeff. Co

Jr. Haley Nelson- Jeff Co.

All played with TN Flight Select

Nicole Dickson- Greeneville- TN Flight Silver

Shannon Depew- Cocke Co. - KGC Pride

Morgan Buda- Cocke Co. - KGC Pride

Alley Sprouse- Cocke Co. - KGC Pride

Lacy Miller- Jeff. Co.- Flight Trotters

Whitney Kyle- Jeff. Co.- Flight Trotters

Kelly Smith- M. West - Flight Trotters

Lauren Hall- M West- Flight Trotters

Taylor Hall- M West- Memphis Elite

Kayla Orrick- M.East- Trotters

Samantha Hale- M. East- Trotters

Sorry if I left anyone out. Those were the only ones I knew for sure.

What are everybody's thoughts on the games this Friday?

Morristown West hosts Greeneville

First time was exciting, down to the wire at Greeneville. This time, with the game at West, it's not as close. The Lady Trojans are playing terrific basketball right now, and Taylor Hall has stepped her game up since their only loss of the season. Nicole Dickson gets her points every time out, and Friday will be no exception. I just don't think that she has enough help on the road to get Greeneville a win. MoWest by 10.

Cherokee at Jefferson County

The Lady Chiefs are still struggling to find their identity with a young squad. JCHS has been a streaky team thus far, but Haley Nelson seems to be putting together a solid run going towards the tournament. Cherokee has struggled all season on the road, and the Lady Pats are tough at home. JCHS by 14.

Cocke County at East

The Lady Red rebounded from the home loss to West with a lopsided win at home over Grainger. East has to be the most difficult team to predict. With the game in Morristown, can East come up with enough magic like they have lately to win a game they probably shouldn't? I say no, but it will be close. CCHS by 7.

How does everybody else see these games turning out?

What are everybody's thoughts on the games this Friday?

Morristown West hosts Greeneville

First time was exciting, down to the wire at Greeneville. This time, with the game at West, it's not as close. The Lady Trojans are playing terrific basketball right now, and Taylor Hall has stepped her game up since their only loss of the season. Nicole Dickson gets her points every time out, and Friday will be no exception. I just don't think that she has enough help on the road to get Greeneville a win. MoWest by 10.

Cherokee at Jefferson County

The Lady Chiefs are still struggling to find their identity with a young squad. JCHS has been a streaky team thus far, but Haley Nelson seems to be putting together a solid run going towards the tournament. Cherokee has struggled all season on the road, and the Lady Pats are tough at home. JCHS by 14.

Cocke County at East

The Lady Red rebounded from the home loss to West with a lopsided win at home over Grainger. East has to be the most difficult team to predict. With the game in Morristown, can East come up with enough magic like they have lately to win a game they probably shouldn't? I say no, but it will be close. CCHS by 7.

How does everybody else see these games turning out?

I'd have to go with West over Greeneville by a 5-12 range, Jeff over Cherokee, and CCHS over East. CCHS may play sloppy and just win by several points though.

I'm going to go out on a real limb here and say West by at least 15. Everybody on the team has picked up their game and everybody wants to make a better showing than the last time.

Jeff over Cherokee and CCHS big over East.

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

West wins over Greeneville. Hall and Dickson will cancel each other's points out mostly, although I suspect Hall will score more.

The other four players will make the difference - and West has more offensive firepower.

Jefferson County over Cherokee.

Cocke County over East. Cocke County hasn't won at Isenberg-Siler since 2004-05 season however.

I'm going to go out on a real limb here and say West by at least 15. Everybody on the team has picked up their game and everybody wants to make a better showing than the last time.

Jeff over Cherokee and CCHS big over East.

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You didn't go out on that limb far enough! How about West by 33 over Greeneville--70 to 37. The officials had to put the mercy rule into effect the 4th qtr. I had never seen this done until tonight, the clock ran continuously the last 4 min. West absolutely outplayed Greeneville in every way possible. They led by 16 at the half. Dixon was held to 1 field goal, that coming in the first qtr. She also had 7 free throws. Taylor Hall had 21, Sidney Goins 18, and Megan Fanney 14. Fanney was the difference early as Greeneville had no answer for her. She drove time and time again to the basket. The pressure defense of the Lady Trojans caused many turnovers. Congratulations Lady Trojans on a great win!