Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

After watching our kids play against Manassas last Friday night it's easy for me to see that this weeks game is not about revenge for them. They want to go back to the 'Boro. Manassas was a very tough opponent, as good as we've faced all season. We even forced them to throw the ball some and they knew how to do that too. But that game is history and it's all about UC this week.

Our kids enjoyed going to the 'Boro last season even though it didn't work out too good in the end, I'm thinking they just plain want to go back again if at all possible and now it's down to "do or die" time. I can't really say that we have improved a lot in the last 3-4 weeks but we have started playing a LOT tougher. We have been bent but, not broken except against Lake Co. and most of us would like another try at them too (no offense meant to Gleason.)

I know what you're saying about the Mt. Pleasant game. Comer does coach a little bit "out of the box" sometimes. LOL We kind of expect the unexpected here now.

By the way, congrats on ya'lls huge win over USJ and on Holders awsome night!!!! NOBODY expected that one!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Are you going to all the games at the 'Boro this year??? If we don't make it I've got a favor to ask if you are going.

tha' duck

Been going for years. Seen some teams win that weren't supposed to. (See 5-5 Livingston Academy). I really would enjoy seeing HC vs. Maryville. Many tough teams have tried but have yet to dethrone them.. They dressed out about 90 players last year and had a complete team for PAT's and kickoffs, etc.. Seen Milan play for some championships before the Buro and great Melrose teams in the past.

To be honest with you, most fans think their team is good which is alright but until you've seen the Big Picture they have no idea. Classic example was UC a few years back play Trousdale County who only dressed out 26 players and TC absolutely destroyed them. What impressed me that year was TC never even high-fived each other but went back out and lined up to kick off again.. All business..

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOl, I Was trying to Pay Tribute To Ya'lls Fine Lil Ball Team. And You Had To Go And See Through What I Was Saying. LOl But Atleast We'll Be Home Next Week Huh?

Do ya'll have a basketball game scheduled next Friday??...Cause the football game will be in Union City... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Mr Mustang...What year was it Union City scored on the last play of the game on the hook-n-lateral???...Huntingdon and Union City have had some classic battles throughout the years....

I'm not 100% certain but I remember the game.. Funny thing UC ran the play at Huntingdon 2 years later and almost did it again. UC runs that as good as anybody and I would think they have it put back somewhere.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

that was exciting. Best game for us against UC was in 1999 when we won to go to the Championship game and the worst was ............. the following year when we played in a Hurricane (Tornado) and got beat by UC ...Rained right in the faces of the HHS crowd and I went to the UC side and turned my umbrella up with nothing over my head but the protection was for my back. Terrible night as UC went on to play in the championship against Alcoa...

I'm not 100% certain but I remember the game.. Funny thing UC ran the play at Huntingdon 2 years later and almost did it again. UC runs that as good as anybody and I would think they have it put back somewhere.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

that was exciting. Best game for us against UC was in 1999 when we won to go to the Championship game and the worst was ............. the following year when we played in a Hurricane (Tornado) and got beat by UC ...Rained right in the faces of the HHS crowd and I went to the UC side and turned my umbrella up with nothing over my head but the protection was for my back. Terrible night as UC went on to play in the championship against Alcoa...

Yeah,that was the night Mario had his 97 yard TD run.....Man among boys that night...

I thought about that run the other night when Kendrick Price took off on his 96 yard TD run against Gleason....He had a 95 yarder called back against Halls last Friday.....

Probably the most exciting for me was the 97 semi-final game down at Paul Ward...Full as all get out...UC jumped out 14-0 and held on for a 21-15 win......

Been going for years. Seen some teams win that weren't supposed to. (See 5-5 Livingston Academy). I really would enjoy seeing HC vs. Maryville. Many tough teams have tried but have yet to dethrone them.. They dressed out about 90 players last year and had a complete team for PAT's and kickoffs, etc.. Seen Milan play for some championships before the Buro and great Melrose teams in the past.

To be honest with you, most fans think their team is good which is alright but until you've seen the Big Picture they have no idea. Classic example was UC a few years back play Trousdale County who only dressed out 26 players and TC absolutely destroyed them. What impressed me that year was TC never even high-fived each other but went back out and lined up to kick off again.. All business..

I'll be in touch soon. If the Rebs don't make it especially. I MIGHT go if HC takes on Maryville but not sure about that one yet. And you are very right about most thinking their teams are good untill they get there!!!! That's a wake up call much of the time if you live on this end of the state. We're glad we got to go, now we want to go there RIGHT!!!!!!! We're working on it sooner or later. Everybody has to have a goal.

It's Time To See If Ya'lls Win Was A Fluke!

You know, Butchie, we love to hear all this fluke talk up here in the land of the Tornadoes. It really inspires our guys. We've seen the web page devoted to the phantom hold. The "photographic proof" as someone called it, not to mention the out right disrespect shown to our players after the game with some Rebels players refusing to shake our guys' hands. In Game 4 we gave the Rebels every opportunity to win. We fumbled 6 times and lost 4 of them. We also gave up an interception. That's 5 turnovers. As far as penalties are concerned, we had over 70 yards as well. Your penalty yardage wouldn't have been so high if your coach hadn't have lost his cool and made the way for one of his players to do the same. Until our previous meeting no one had scored a point on your defense. We put up 21 straight. That was enough. I'm just amused by the fact that you guys had so many other chances to take advantage of our mistakes, but you would rather blame officials. This is a fact to consider. If a team gives you as many chances as Union City did, and you still lose, you can't blame anyone but yourself. Or....... You could admit you were beaten by a more determined team that almost beat you the year before. We showed character by overcoming those mistakes in that game, and our guys won. Thank you for the motivation. Keep it coming! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This is the game Union City has been waiting for all year. McKenzie has blamed the refs every since we played the first time. It want be close this time. No refs to blame this time when Union City gets through with McKenzie. Union City will put up 50 points on your Rebels this time. Butchie get your crying towel out because you will need it.