Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

I don't have a horse in this race. I do think it will be a great game. I also think the winner will get to face SP in the 'boro. Not sure that is a reward. Good luck to both teams.

At this point in time, playing SP is not really a reward exactly. The experience of going to the 'Boro is awsome. And if you get that far you will bring home a really nice trophy. The color of it could be the problem. However, the game itself could well be something of not so much beauty. But, that's why we still play them one at a time!!!!! And of course, SP hasn't gotten there yet either but, if someone beats them they will be equally formidable!!!!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duck,

Its like I told you today, I have only seen one team w/ more athletes than the Tigers and they handed it to us on a silver ball last year.

At this point in time, playing SP is not really a reward exactly. The experience of going to the 'Boro is awsome. And if you get that far you will bring home a really nice trophy. The color of it could be the problem. However, the game itself could well be something of not so much beauty. But, that's why we still play them one at a time!!!!! And of course, SP hasn't gotten there yet either but, if someone beats them they will be equally formidable!!!!

you obviously haven't been playing UC's defense either... or their offense... or their special teams. Completely dominant in their last 5 games. Union City has been been running over, around, and through every single one of their last 5 oppenents... mostly over. Being in the weight room everyday after practice all year has really helped the Union City players continue to get stronger while other teams "throw it out" once the season starts... Union City has a heck of a lot more strength that McK and that is a direct result of staying in the weight room...

You talk about revenge a lot too... Union City feels that they didn't finish the job that they started in Week 4 and all of the players have to the website mckenzierebels.com website where the controversal issues are talked about in the meeting between the teams. UC feels disrespected and they should... especially after the rebel players DIDN'T EVEN SHAKE THEIR HANDS AFTER THE GAME!!!!!!!! I mean do you guys have some kind of unrealistic view about yourselves or what?! I don't know if u have realized it yet but u can be beat and u will be beat on friday by a bunch of upset off Tornados who feel like that they have to make another point on your fine lil' ball team....

Be lookin for man-child Ronnie Fair, lightning-quick fire plug Trey Maddox.....

Oh yeah, and Josh Nicks is gonna plow over your little redneck ######.... i honostly feel sorry for the rebel moms because of what we are gonna do to their precious baby boys

May the best man win.... but the best goes to Union City

Union City- 35

McKenzie- 14

Hummmm I forgot all about the No Shaking The Hands issue. man, what Class.

After what I saw in week 4 with their coaches and players on the McKenzie sidelines, I hope they get beat so bad that the buses have to come out on the field to pick their team up they will be so tired and can't walk back to the locker rooms.

I have a feeling that if Union City get the opportunity to run up the score, the will do so and make a statement.

Now that we have Mr. Speed as a Mr. Football finalist.

Folsk, it all boils down to sore losers. Either way, the game is going to be played and I would not be suprised to see Union city run away with this game.

Union City has players on the field that McKenzie hasn't seen yet and at least 4 backs who can run 100 yards each.

We will see.....

Duck,

Its like I told you today, I have only seen one team w/ more athletes than the Tigers and they handed it to us on a silver ball last year.

I agree with that part.

I can't say on this hand shaking issue. I didn't see that but, if it happened it was out of disappointment and not lack of sportsmanship. As you mentioned there were a few of Manassas' players that the coach had to go get and send to congratulate us last Friday night but, it wasn't because they were un-sportsmanlike. Several of our players sought out the Manassas kids to congratulate them on a great game and season. They were very down because of losing the game. It happens almost every week in HS football.

Wow talk about class...these last 2 posts are sooooo classy...yes the last time we played it was a big disappointment and I think we were more frustrated than trying to be disrespectful...these are high school boys who give their all as does your boys and for you to be putting down these boys is a shame...I have seen several Mckenzie fans congratulating Colton Speed on a well deserved Mr. Football nominee...hopefully this will be a well played game with the best team winning...I know that both teams will give it their all and the stands will be packed with fans cheering them on...let's try to pull for our teams respectfully! This year our region has stepped up and it makes us all better.

Go Rebels...we know you can do it!

I will give props to Fuzzy right off the bat. I believe it was big 77 who was down around the 50 and Jacob was there talking to him. And you could see several of our players w/ their players on the field. Manassas was very kind to all of us and it was refreshing to see a inner city Memphis school not live up to the sterotype.

I agree with that part.

I can't say on this hand shaking issue. I didn't see that but, if it happened it was out of disappointment and not lack of sportsmanship. As you mentioned there were a few of Manassas' players that the coach had to go get and send to congratulate us last Friday night but, it wasn't because they were un-sportsmanlike. Several of our players sought out the Manassas kids to congratulate them on a great game and season. They were very down because of losing the game. It happens almost every week in HS football.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hummmm I forgot all about the No Shaking The Hands issue. man, what Class.

After what I saw in week 4 with their coaches and players on the McKenzie sidelines, I hope they get beat so bad that the buses have to come out on the field to pick their team up they will be so tired and can't walk back to the locker rooms.

I have a feeling that if Union City get the opportunity to run up the score, the will do so and make a statement.

Now that we have Mr. Speed as a Mr. Football finalist.

Folsk, it all boils down to sore losers. Either way, the game is going to be played and I would not be suprised to see Union city run away with this game.

Union City has players on the field that McKenzie hasn't seen yet and at least 4 backs who can run 100 yards each.

We will see.....

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

McKenzie fans quit your crying about the refs. Its going to be bad this time. 50-0

We want Lake County now.

Well as I recall some of yall said last time the game was going to be bad but yall almost lost it...Now i will say the refs didn't screw us, we just didn't come out and play in the 1st half. But keep thinking it will be a blow out just wait and see....

???There's no substitute for guts.???

-- Paul "Bear" Bryant

McKenzie wins the rematch....

35 to 21

Good luck Rebels

Region 7 should be very proud of their talent and teams. Their representative has a quality chance of returning to Murfreesboro yet again. Butchie is right, middle Tennessee doesn't have one clear dominant team. I would like to see the state title came from the bottom two quadrants. The top two quads will be a tough road, much tougher this year. If SP gets by Friendship, they'll likely have an outstanding Trousdale County team waiting. Mercy! This is going to be a fun stretch of football to be a part of. Give 'em heck boys!

Follow the Cascade Champions online at http://www.t-g.com/sports/highschool/cascade/.