Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

Wow. This thread is in Sodom and Gomora now. It takes the modulation of someone like Waco to shut everybody up. As far as DB is concerned I remember 2 games this season and one last season where the refereeing was tantamount to the outcome of those games. I can't remember the games so I hope Waco can make it clear pronto. I do remember the circumstances. On one the ball was in the endzone and about 30 yards back up field Jamie was ruled down. Trouble was he didn't have the ball. The ruling however was no TD. Potential game changing play? Seems like I remember a goal line stand where the other team was kicking a field goal and the holder took it to the house. I remember some talk about how he was down. I remember the Indian faithful screaming on the boards about how they were taken to the bank. I can site you many wrongful calls dealt to the Rebels as all teams can site the same. I said all teams can site the same. Oh, but it's OK when it's done to you and you have the right to complain. Is that how it works? Oh how quickly we forget what it felt like. Fact is, we all have endured it...some to a larger degree than others. BUT, regular season is one thing and playoffs are another. At Maryville last year was the least amount of flags I have seen in all my football days. They were intent on letting the boys play. Yes there were penalties and some went Souths way but it was all left on the field.

There are those on this thread that have concluded what I have stated and that is that on the last play in regulation there was no hold, clip, or any other mistake to legally have called back the TD with 30 seconds left. The film plainly shows it. I don't care about the catch in the endzone or the interferene calls or the 3rd down pass in the second OT being across the plane. The film shows that this football game was won in regulation. Now if you have the stones to see it and admit it then watch the film. Period.

I don't care if Fletcher is a 2nd rate back in a middle school conference, I don't care if he is nothing more than JUCO material, I don't care who doesn't like him or me or the Rebels in general. All I wanted was for someone to admit that they saw the film and that the game was over in regulation. So I am satisfied.

As far as Greenville, they are twice the team they were when they played Jeff. And besides in preseason South didn't allow anything but negative yardage when they scrimmaged. Ask Jeff. It matters not. All that matters is today and today Greenville is hosting Maryville. Everyone else is playing basketball.

I have accepted it and I am behind Greenville 100%. You may not want my support...your call. But all you other people on here stoning Southers...and that would basically be me and Volman, for ranting about a bad call...well all I have to say is I would be leary living in a glass house. We are all guilty of what this thread is about except maybe Noonesfool. From 30 seconds to go in regulation until the end of OT there was 7 monumental violations with most of them if not all going against South. Do the math.

Now I said this before and no one cares about my opinion now but you get it anyway. If Greenville leaves Hall at QB they get anihialated. If they put their backup at QB and let Hall and Greenway carry the mail then they have a chance. Hall will fake a long ball and take it up the gut one time and Maryville will put that play 6 feet under. Just play football Devils and you will put up a great fight.

I know you didn't mean Greenway at the last,but "IF" he was back there,it would still take a great game and some turnovers.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This thread is in Sodom and Gomora now. It takes the modulation of someone like Waco to shut everybody up. As far as DB is concerned I remember 2 games this season and one last season where the refereeing was tantamount to the outcome of those games. I can't remember the games so I hope Waco can make it clear pronto. I do remember the circumstances. On one the ball was in the endzone and about 30 yards back up field Jamie was ruled down. Trouble was he didn't have the ball. The ruling however was no TD. Potential game changing play? Seems like I remember a goal line stand where the other team was kicking a field goal and the holder took it to the house. I remember some talk about how he was down. I remember the Indian faithful screaming on the boards about how they were taken to the bank. I can site you many wrongful calls dealt to the Rebels as all teams can site the same. I said all teams can site the same. Oh, but it's OK when it's done to you and you have the right to complain. Is that how it works? Oh how quickly we forget what it felt like. Fact is, we all have endured it...some to a larger degree than others. BUT, regular season is one thing and playoffs are another. At Maryville last year was the least amount of flags I have seen in all my football days. They were intent on letting the boys play. Yes there were penalties and some went Souths way but it was all left on the field.

There are those on this thread that have concluded what I have stated and that is that on the last play in regulation there was no hold, clip, or any other mistake to legally have called back the TD with 30 seconds left. The film plainly shows it. I don't care about the catch in the endzone or the interferene calls or the 3rd down pass in the second OT being across the plane. The film shows that this football game was won in regulation. Now if you have the stones to see it and admit it then watch the film. Period.

I don't care if Fletcher is a 2nd rate back in a middle school conference, I don't care if he is nothing more than JUCO material, I don't care who doesn't like him or me or the Rebels in general. All I wanted was for someone to admit that they saw the film and that the game was over in regulation. So I am satisfied.

As far as Greenville, they are twice the team they were when they played Jeff. And besides in preseason South didn't allow anything but negative yardage when they scrimmaged. Ask Jeff. It matters not. All that matters is today and today Greenville is hosting Maryville. Everyone else is playing basketball.

I have accepted it and I am behind Greenville 100%. You may not want my support...your call. But all you other people on here stoning Southers...and that would basically be me and Volman, for ranting about a bad call...well all I have to say is I would be leary living in a glass house. We are all guilty of what this thread is about except maybe Noonesfool. From 30 seconds to go in regulation until the end of OT there was 7 monumental violations with most of them if not all going against South. Do the math.

Now I said this before and no one cares about my opinion now but you get it anyway. If Greenville leaves Hall at QB they get anihialated. If they put their backup at QB and let Hall and Greenway carry the mail then they have a chance. Hall will fake a long ball and take it up the gut one time and Maryville will put that play 6 feet under. Just play football Devils and you will put up a great fight.

Quit whinning and eat the rest of your crow.

Quit whinning and eat the rest of your crow.

All you left me was bones. You even ate the gizzard! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I tell ya man, ya lose and there ain't even any Crowe left. Between you and Bristol....no Crowe, no Crowe ale, no mud pie! Me and Volman will just take our sad sack o'bones to the game with us. Luckily, we still have some Rebel Ale left. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Now I said this before and no one cares about my opinion now but you get it anyway. If Greenville leaves Hall at QB they get anihialated. If they put their backup at QB and let Hall and Barner carry the mail then they have a chance. Hall will fake a long ball and take it up the gut one time and Maryville will put that play 6 feet under. Just play football Devils and you will put up a great fight.

I haven't seen the film and really didn't get to see very clearly what happened from my vantage point at the far end away from the block that got the regulation TD called back. But, I did see 3 flags from 3 different referees fly almost simultaneously, so the 3 people closest to the action saw the same thing at the same exact time. That usually passes for corroborating witness testimony in a court of law and it's good enough for me. I know how heartwrenching it must be for your season to be over and I have great respect for your team. Thanks for taking the high road in your support for us. We will probably need all the good wishes we can get.

I haven't seen the film and really didn't get to see very clearly what happened from my vantage point at the far end away from the block that got the regulation TD called back. But, I did see 3 flags from 3 different referees fly almost simultaneously, so the 3 people closest to the action saw the same thing at the same exact time. That usually passes for corroborating witness testimony in a court of law and it's good enough for me. I know how heartwrenching it must be for your season to be over and I have great respect for your team. Thanks for taking the high road in your support for us. We will probably need all the good wishes we can get.

There was only one flag on the field.

Ok, so I couldn't resist. I am the proud big sister of Bobby Taylor #2! I have tried to keep up with this board from time to time throughout the season, and have finally decided to join myself. Yes, this season has ended, but I suppose I'm just in time for Bobby's senior year.

I am a 2005 graduate of SSHS and watched the likes of Dustin Mohr, Zach Jacobs, Matt Dunn, Jacob Moore (just to name a few) as a Southern Belle on the sidelines. I saw how much our program turned around under Coach Carter's first year and have been truly in awe as he and the rest of the coaching staff have continued to build a phenomenal program from his first season in 2004.

I am finishing my Senior year at UT (please don't get me started on our current football situation) and have tried to make it in for as many games as possible to support these fantastic young men. As you all know, our family has been through a tough time this football season, but these boys were BROTHERS to my little brother. Therefore, they are my brothers as well, and they have all my respect.

I'm sure that every week you get a kick out of what my mom (BTaylorMom) has to say and all her witty comments! I can only hope to follow closely in her footsteps (Dad is reading this and rolling his eyes right now, I'm sure of it). Boys and girls, I love football so what better place for me to be then here, right??

To all you DB fans out there: I have a love/hate relationship with you guys. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> My boyfriend is a DB grad (John Dudney, God bless him) and some of my best friends that I have met at UT are DB grads. So I have found a soft spot for you guys. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> But before college, I was Rebel redneck to the core....my papaw's big white ford truck w/ rebel flags and all...I did my mama proud. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Maybe I still am, but we're all really just one big happy family and here for one reason: FOOTBALL!!!

With that said, I can't wait to get to know everyone more and talk about one of my favorite subjects, football! I couldn't make it to the Greeneville game, but I saw film and it was quite a game. I see that it has already been thoroughly discussed, so I won't go there this time, but congratulations Devils and PLEASE just beat Maryville!!! They are all I hear about down here in Knoxville and it's time somebody knock them off their high horse.

Rebels- as always, you played a tremendous game. What a season guys! Despite how great you have played from one game to the next, I have always admired how respectful and humble you have continued to be. For that, you should be most proud! Until next time, ROCK ON REBELS!!

Mom- Can I borrow 20 bucks??? hehehe /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok, so I couldn't resist. I am the proud big sister of Bobby Taylor #2! I have tried to keep up with this board from time to time throughout the season, and have finally decided to join myself. Yes, this season has ended, but I suppose I'm just in time for Bobby's senior year.

I am a 2005 graduate of SSHS and watched the likes of Dustin Mohr, Zach Jacobs, Matt Dunn, Jacob Moore (just to name a few) as a Southern Belle on the sidelines. I saw how much our program turned around under Coach Carter's first year and have been truly in awe as he and the rest of the coaching staff have continued to build a phenomenal program from his first season in 2004.

I am finishing my Senior year at UT (please don't get me started on our current football situation) and have tried to make it in for as many games as possible to support these fantastic young men. As you all know, our family has been through a tough time this football season, but these boys were BROTHERS to my little brother. Therefore, they are my brothers as well, and they have all my respect.

I'm sure that every week you get a kick out of what my mom (BTaylorMom) has to say and all her witty comments! I can only hope to follow closely in her footsteps (Dad is reading this and rolling his eyes right now, I'm sure of it). Boys and girls, I love football so what better place for me to be then here, right??

To all you DB fans out there: I have a love/hate relationship with you guys. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> My boyfriend is a DB grad (John Dudney, God bless him) and some of my best friends that I have met at UT are DB grads. So I have found a soft spot for you guys. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> But before college, I was Rebel redneck to the core....my papaw's big white ford truck w/ rebel flags and all...I did my mama proud. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Maybe I still am, but we're all really just one big happy family and here for one reason: FOOTBALL!!!

With that said, I can't wait to get to know everyone more and talk about one of my favorite subjects, football! I couldn't make it to the Greeneville game, but I saw film and it was quite a game. I see that it has already been thoroughly discussed, so I won't go there this time, but congratulations Devils and PLEASE just beat Maryville!!! They are all I hear about down here in Knoxville and it's time somebody knock them off their high horse.

Rebels- as always, you played a tremendous game. What a season guys! Despite how great you have played from one game to the next, I have always admired how respectful and humble you have continued to be. For that, you should be most proud! Until next time, ROCK ON REBELS!!

Mom- Can I borrow 20 bucks??? hehehe /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bobby was a team member to a lot of the DB boys from Robinson a few years ago.He has done sent word that they would beat us on our new field next year,but it looks like that game may be at South.He is a fine ball player and his old buddies look forward to the challenge.

There was only one flag on the field.

Hope you're just calling me visually impaired and not a liar... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> lol because I know I saw them pick up 2 flags near our sideline and I believe another near the center of the field. But, then again my contacts could have been frozen to to my eyeballs, lol. Regardless, what's done is done...I'm looking forward to seeing the game on Friday and hoping our boys bring their best game of the year.

Hope you're just calling me visually impaired and not a liar... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> lol because I know I saw them pick up 2 flags near our sideline and I believe another near the center of the field. But, then again my contacts could have been frozen to to my eyeballs, lol. Regardless, what's done is done...I'm looking forward to seeing the game on Friday and hoping our boys bring their best game of the year.

it wasn't the refs or the south looking ahead ,south was overated and got beat by a better coached team and better players . ,Hammond Bridge has been shut down , to keep south jumpers from jumping of the bridge and then trying to sue kingsport

Welcome to the boards JT. Your "little" bro is going to be the man next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />