Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate I gotta to miss this one... gonna be gooden..I tell ya Southey's what..win this week and I'll bless you with my presence next week..Deal /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ..Good /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Correct...not one game...no less than 8 each week. He's at about 184 but he is 5'9" not whatever the program says. At the combines he was 4.6 flat. At Wake Forest he was 4.57 all three tries. Last year he was lucky to hit 4.69. As soon as summer drills hit Stacy commented to me about how much faster he was. It was evident in the Science Hill game. I keep asking him to get retimed. Homie don't play that. CN, Tusculum, Wofford, and then MTSU turned the perferbial nose up to him. New film is going out in 2 days to all three top divisions. They have last years film and some have the Science Hill game but the rest is going out now. Quite frankly, there is no comparison between '07 and '08. So I can see why there was little response. You Tube is a tremendous idea and I've been reading on how to get it done. This is hammer time right now and I'm sweating bullets. On the other thread I admitted to being relegated to a lower division. Taylor is being pushed to sign with Tusculum. This whole process strips away any preconcieved notions you may have. It is actually a reality check. If he wants to walk on I will probably let him. But clearly we are not finished yet. We still have a few weeks to go. However realistically speaking we only have 3 weeks. It is coming down to the wire as we speak.

Bradley is the best QB this side of Knoxville. Jamie is good but does not have the deliberation or the intuition that Bradley has. Greenway doesn't have the focus. Those are the 3 best.

KK has velcro hands. And his speed has increased. but not D1 speed. He is the most intuitive WR this side of Knoxville regardless of classification.

Hunter will go. He has the platform that they can work with. He has the potential they look for.

As far as camps...they group you. 4.4's and better then 4.5's and then everybody else. You figure it out. They look at it like if you are fast enough then they can teach you football.

What you are saying is if they saw him run then they would see. And I keep hoping. But the reality is...40 time...bottom line. Sad but true.

Ok Comp thanks. There was a movie from the early 80's called Chariots of Fire about one of the early olympics. One of the characters whose whole life was missionary work and running said at one point "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. When I run, I feel his pleasure". Whenever I see these kids from South or any other school run, play football, basketball or whatever, I remember that quote. I think that is what sports are all about, reaching your potential through a strong will and hard work. Achieving that potential at whatever level it may be is really the only thing that matters and having achieved the highest level each is capable of, the athlete and all those who have had the joy of watching him or her perform are better human beings because of it. I know that I have enjoyed watching Taylor and his teammates the last couple of years. I would like to thank all of them and the teams they competed against for making my life more interesting and enjoyable. I thank them for allowing me to feel God's pleasure in these young athletes. Whatever thier future holds, I do wish them good luck and God's speed.

Ok Comp thanks. There was a movie from the early 80's called Chariots of Fire about one of the early olympics. One of the characters whose whole life was missionary work and running said at one point "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. When I run, I feel his pleasure". Whenever I see these kids from South or any other school run, play football, basketball or whatever, I remember that quote. I think that is what sports are all about, reaching your potential through a strong will and hard work. Achieving that potential at whatever level it may be is really the only thing that matters and having achieved the highest level each is capable of, the athlete and all those who have had the joy of watching him or her perform are better human beings because of it. I know that I have enjoyed watching Taylor and his teammates the last couple of years. I would like to thank all of them and the teams they competed against for making my life more interesting and enjoyable. I thank them for allowing me to feel God's pleasure in these young athletes. Whatever thier future holds, I do wish them good luck and God's speed.

Classy Post

It will benefit the athletic department overall...other sports more so than football...I heard Duncan was a bit put out by the move as well...thinks DB and SH won't schedule a AA team outside of the Arby's...if we still get an invite after this year.

Anyway I heard South is still on the schedule for next year and Jeff County...Betsy if we sign them quick before they change their mind and possibly one of the 5 Rivers teams or SH.

Thanks barb. Sometimes this football fan is a little onesided. I tend to forget there are other sports. Glad they are putting some tough nonconference games on the schedule. No offense to the rest of their league. Hopefully this just gives us more opportunity for more championships here in East Tennessee.

Thanks barb. Sometimes this football fan is a little onesided. I tend to forget there are other sports. Glad they are putting some tough nonconference games on the schedule. No offense to the rest of their league. Hopefully this just gives us more opportunity for more championships here in East Tennessee.

We have some terrific sports program that will only be enhanced by the move....girls soccer for instance and baseball. Metro schools have such a larger pool of talent due to huge rec and summer league programs that the well never runs dry of talented kids coming into the program. DB is a good example ....Farragut's a better one. At least now we're competing with some smaller schools with less concentrated pond. Might not have to do so much of that famous Greeneville recruiting /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

They got a Heli-pad on top of the field house. It's Nis-Heli-Pad. It's currently faster than waiting on the Rescue Squad. They are currently using some of that bankruptsy money to buy 10 new Lamborghini ambulances. The Niswonger Foundation is going to pay Formula One drivers to man the ambulances on Friday nights during football. All this is just until they get the new bullet train that will pass right by the stadium and take a new overland route to McLaughlins'.

That actually made me laugh and if it ever did happen, I would not be surprised. And whats with the "bankruptsy money" you speak of? I'm surprised they have anything after going way over budget with the building projects.

Anyways, all hail the monorail at GHS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That actually made me laugh and if it ever did happen, I would not be surprised. And whats with the "bankruptsy money" you speak of? I'm surprised they have anything after going way over budget with the building projects.

Anyways, all hail the monorail at GHS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have finally figured it out. You are not a student but a staff member who's services were no longer needed!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Anybody know the turnover differential? or the time of possesion? High Octane offenses and decent defenses. Probably comes down to who can hold on to the ball.

Greeneville stats available here

http://www.greenevillefootball.com/statistics/statsmenu.htm

South's here

http://www.mtnlakesfootball.com/

Interested to see a comparison if you have the time.