Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

For the folks comin from colonial heights--You can take Exit 36 (Baileyton) goin South on I81. Left at the end of the exit ramp-11 miles to stopsign-take a right and go to first light-hang a left and you are at the stadium /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Its a redlight at the end of 11 miles...right on n main then left at next light....tusculum blvd

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question.... If you think the 2 teams are evenly matched, then what is your reasoning for the 14 point spread between the 2?

i just believe that the rebs know what is at stake and will come ready to play,and i also think that Greenville is underestimating the power that south bring's to the table, not taking anything away from greenville they are a really good team and could prove me wrong........but hopefully they won't /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

dang i wish i didn't have to miss this one /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Rebel Nation

thank you for the info /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i just believe that the rebs know what is at stake and will come ready to play,and i also think that Greenville is underestimating the power that south bring's to the table, not taking anything away from greenville they are a really good team and could prove me wrong........but hopefully they won't /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

dang i wish i didn't have to miss this one /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Rebel Nation

thank you for the info /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

no i think south is rly underestimating GREENEVILLE!!! HMMMM just like they did last year when we beat them at HOME!!!

no i think south is rly underestimating GREENEVILLE!!! HMMMM just like they did last year when we beat them at HOME!!!

look man when can sit here all night long and argue back in fourth about who is better btw south has won 4 of the last 5 games against greenville if i'm not mistaking but past scores don't mean nothing in the playoffs! i am simply posting my opinion and my opinion is that south is gonna come home with the win.....only if they show up and play to their full ability! as i said in my previous post greenville has a very good team and football program for that matter but i just think that they are setting there self up for a lost why? idk just a gut filling i guess, but if you would look back to some of my previous post about other teams you would see that i usually do not give out that much credit to other schools that south has played so you all should be happy with the credit that i'm already giving them /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> all in all this will be one exciting game on the rug and i believe that every fan will get there money's worth friday night... i just wish that i could be there to support my beloved rebels!......good luck to both teams and......................Go Rebel Nation!

look man when can sit here all night long and argue back in fourth about who is better btw south has won 4 of the last 5 games against greenville if i'm not mistaking but past scores don't mean nothing in the playoffs! i am simply posting my opinion and my opinion is that south is gonna come home with the win.....only if they show up and play to their full ability! as i said in my previous post greenville has a very good team and football program for that matter but i just think that they are setting there self up for a lost why? idk just a gut filling i guess, but if you would look back to some of my previous post about other teams you would see that i usually do not give out that much credit to other schools that south has played so you all should be happy with the credit that i'm already giving them /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> all in all this will be one exciting game on the rug and i believe that every fan will get there money's worth friday night... i just wish that i could be there to support my beloved rebels!......good luck to both teams and......................Go Rebel Nation!

We will letem play...Just remeber we didnt have our runningbacks the entire lastgame...Trevon cramped up a lot and barner was out...We did have greenway but i feel we are better without him...we will find out friday night...DEVILS BY TOUCHDOWN OR FG

We will letem play...Just remeber we didnt have our runningbacks the entire lastgame...Trevon cramped up a lot and barner was out...We did have greenway but i feel we are better without him...we will find out friday night...DEVILS BY TOUCHDOWN OR FG

woulda, coulda, shoulda, /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

your right you didn't have all your running backs then, but then again we didn't have booby miles (#2) at the time ethier /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> so i guess we will just have wait and see what friday night brings for both teams.

........IMO i believe that you all would be alot better with greenway not saying that hall isn't doin a good job filling in his shoes because he most deffinately is imo but i truly think that you all woulda been almost unstoppable with all 3 of them running the ball but i guess we will never know........

Hats off to both programs for giving their respective fans an exciting season (again). I just hope and pray every kid walks off the field injury free and with a sense of pride for their accomplishments, regardless win or lose. Two very good programs, who in my opinion have taught a bunch of kids more than just x's and o's. Of course, I'm biased toward Greeneville, and believe they are a great group of young men, but have heard nothing but good things about the character of the SS team as well. As for the game, this entire thread is soaked with the names Fletcher, Davenport, Hall, and Barner. All of these players will get their particular job done, however I believe there will be some unexpected names on both sides of the field step up and claim their spot on the highlight reel. After all, this is sudden death football. I expect to see a thriller and some surprises throughout the night. Nobody should walk away tomorrow night with their heads down.

I have two predictions: 1. Greeneville in a down to the wire nail biter. 2. I will probably need a nerve pill.

Friday nights in November is the best thing since I-81.

Go Devils!

Hats off to both programs for giving their respective fans an exciting season (again). I just hope and pray every kid walks off the field injury free and with a sense of pride for their accomplishments, regardless win or lose. Two very good programs, who in my opinion have taught a bunch of kids more than just x's and o's. Of course, I'm biased toward Greeneville, and believe they are a great group of young men, but have heard nothing but good things about the character of the SS team as well. As for the game, this entire thread is soaked with the names Fletcher, Davenport, Hall, and Barner. All of these players will get their particular job done, however I believe there will be some unexpected names on both sides of the field step up and claim their spot on the highlight reel. After all, this is sudden death football. I expect to see a thriller and some surprises throughout the night. Nobody should walk away tomorrow night with their heads down.

I have two predictions: 1. Greeneville in a down to the wire nail biter. 2. I will probably need a nerve pill.

Friday nights in November is the best thing since I-81.

Go Devils!

I imagine we'll all be sheddin' a couple of layers of clothing before this ones over .....gonna be a hotttt one. I expect to see those stars'n bars thongs guys /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> . Still not sure how this one comes out but I'm hopefull....Go Devils

How do you think, that you'll are better without Greenway. He was your starter for the past couple of years. A great player in anybodys' right mind. Hall has done great in two games sharing time at QB, but he doesn't have the experience at that position that Greenway did. We all know for Greeneville it is Barner and Hall. They will have to make plays all night for Greeneville to win. I just think you would be better with Greenway and plus Barner/Hall. Your chances would be greater with all three of your stars. I don't think you are beeter without Greenway.

I feel like since I'll be attending yet another Sullivan South game, I should wear something that distinguishes me in the crowd so you Rebel fans can recognize me. I know I'm leaving myself wide open on this one, have at it. Seriously though.

Roll Rebels. Help me see Maryville close to home.

It would have to be original,because the only thing I didn't have on at{ South,Greeneville,TH and North}that said DB was my undershorts!!

How do you think, that you'll are better without Greenway. He was your starter for the past couple of years. A great player in anybodys' right mind. Hall has done great in two games sharing time at QB, but he doesn't have the experience at that position that Greenway did. We all know for Greeneville it is Barner and Hall. They will have to make plays all night for Greeneville to win. I just think you would be better with Greenway and plus Barner/Hall. Your chances would be greater with all three of your stars. I don't think you are beeter without Greenway.

Define better. Often when a player is lost it requires others to step it up a notch. I believe that Greeneville's players have taken the responsibility to fill the gaps left by Greenway. By looking at the results of the 3 previous games, these guys have stepped up to the challenge. I think this '08 team is trying to make the statement that they are not a one man show and seemingly they are proving this to us. Will GHS will? I hope so, but if not, it's not because Hall and Quarles and the rest of the Greene Devils isn't giving 100%. GO DEVILS!